GH and DH Competition: Win a ATI 3870 GFX signed by Gabe Newell

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game Portal from Valve because it puts your mind to work,it is not a straight point-and-shoot game like most of the game developers do!

2. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game Half-Life 2 because the characters ingame are made with lots of details,the story is very catchy and simply there is not a better game on the market with these qualities!

3. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

The Game of The Year should be named The Orange Box,the game compilation from Valve,which contains only top notch games and does not dissapoint at all.We also get online play for most of them,and we get to play the highly acclaimed Half-Life 2 which is outstanding beautiful!

4. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game from Valve Half-Life 2 because it works very good with old and new ATI hardware and there isn't a better game from this genre on the market!

5. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Active Member

Half life is sutch a good and long game, that it should be called Full life!! :) Hd 3870 on my way then??

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Active Member

half-life 2 is cool, scary but cool.

7. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Half-life 2 is great place to play and meet new freinds(Online).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  8. Owens

Owens New Member

Hey guys and gals.

I know I'm not a regular here but I figured I would enter this mostly because my 3850 isn't letting me install windows (because I tried to use the auto-tune feature and it black screened. After which I couldn't figure out a way to get to safe mode with GRUB as my boot loader in order to reinstall CCC); but also because of the profound effect Valve has had on my life. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Day of Defeat: Source and the tactical gaming unit I joined that really gave me hope to live.

Also just to be clear, I'm not trying to win this amazing video card based on pity because I want none, but I would like to get my computer back and running. What better way to do it than with a 3870 signed by GABE NEWELL no less!

Good luck to everyone and have a pleasant holiday.

9. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

o man i recall a time playing a halflife one mod Vampire slayer in my brothers friends basement, it was totaly insane! mad roleplayin! die blood sucker! mwhahahah ahahahaha! LOL like 10 hunters vs 2 or 3 vamps! total 3 AM madness! carnage and curses filling the air! ah....the 9800pro days!

10. exleper

exleper New Member

HL2: Episode 2 was addictive

After reaching a point in the mines episode 2 crashed. It has not been uncommon I hear. I spent four hours finding a way through that point, but damn it was worth it.:D

11. sushrukh

sushrukh New Member

The " Black Box " which Valve bundles with major ATI cards is a very welcome feature which entitles us to be proud owner some highly rated games ever.Other companies should also follow this. :)

The site is looking awesome in the X-Mas theme btw. :)

12. sushrukh

sushrukh New Member

Valve's complete Half Life series of games are superb.I've played them multiple times but the interest remains same everytime, like i'm playing them for the ist time.Among all the games, i liked (actually i swear by them) the main HL2 & the Episode 2.The Lost Coast also worth a mention.Valve rocks all the way. :)

13. grilledduck

grilledduck New Member

[FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]My favourite valve game : Half-Life

Why :
    It's the game that started all (for Valve or for other FPS games)
    The AI is superb!
    I can lure Scientists to stand near the blade thingy and WHAM!
    They are all dead after
    [/FONT][FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I turned on the blade switch. LOL :rofl:
    [/FONT][FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hey, I like to use [/FONT][FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Crowbar to hit the dead bodies again and again
    so I can see the flesh blow up
    [/FONT][FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] ad some skulls left on floor.
    [/FONT][FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I can even bring Scientists, Barney and friends to stand in a single row
    and use
    [/FONT]Gluon gun to kill them in a single shot. Man, that's awesome. Haha.
    Plus the friendly fire thing from group of Barney by a headshot on one of them or by Crowbar.
    My experience with HL is great.
    I even captured my killing on the f****** Nihilanth and make it .AVI file. ;)
    If I won the card I'll post it in YouTube.

Well, am I quite sadistic, eh?
    Hehehe. :D

Hey, if I won the card
    Gabe, could you please not sign your autograph on Ruby.
    Please leave her alone ok?

14. Jejking

Jejking New Member

The Competition

Old entry which stills counts: http://www.driverheaven.net/1106734-post226.html

New entry which still counts:

Thanks to Portal I have learnt a lesson for life. Never EVER leave your three month old kiddo at a metal hightech-alarmclock-lookalike babysitter. It makes a pretty big mess of the furniture. Baby? Excuse me? Have you seen the bloodstains on the carpet!?!

[​IMG]

Don't try this at home... Just... DON'T.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  15. savo_x86

savo_x86 New Member

well, it's almost over...hope I get this one so I could play HL2 at maximum sethings....

16. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

If you win, you'll be able to play a lot more than Half-Life 2 at max settings :p

17. savo_x86

savo_x86 New Member

well...anything is better than this crap I have right now... :p

18. JacKDuRdEn_

JacKDuRdEn_ New Member

my favorite valve game is counter strike, i'm not good at it, but it's the only game where i can be killed like 10000+ times without getting upset, don't know why.

One time i was trying to practice on a empty server, and some dude entered and we started playing... he killed me like two times with a headshot and i could even hit him, so he started making comments about how bad i was... but since he always used the same pattern through the map (de_inferno ) going from b to the center, i threw a granade there, and went through the other side and he was looking for me right where there is a stair and i shoot him from behind xD i managed to do that like 2 other times and then started varying the strategy... in the end he just stopped talking about how bad i was, and we just played for a while. that's a game i'll never forget and that's why i love cs 1.6

19. Gandogaro

Gandogaro New Member

nothing like throwing snarks to enemies, except when they come back to you...yep half-life one is the best one, revolutionary, great Storyline, involving, fun to play, definitely not just the best game developed by valve software, but one of the greatest games ever made

20. Gandogaro

Gandogaro New Member

El mejor juego de valve? Half-life uno, y por que?, lo resumo en una analogia, half-life es tan representativo para el mundo de los videojuegos como las estatua de la libertad lo es para USA, o como Machupichu para Peru.

The best valve game? Half-life one, and why? , in short, half-life is so representative to the gaming world like the statue of liberty to US, or like Machupichu to Peru.

Pd: espero la traduccion se entienda :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.