GH and DH Competition: Win a ATI 3870 GFX signed by Gabe Newell

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzz_Factory

Fuzz_Factory New Member

I came across a situation at work, so I thought to myself "what would the TF2 crew do......?"

2. eaferrari24

eaferrari24 New Member

:sigh:
    My fav valve game would be Counter Strike... At first i didnt really care for it.. but after playing my first round i became highly addicted just like them WoW kids. I played that game for years. Learnd many tactics and how to use every weapon. CS source came out, and i was excited as hell. i bought it and tried to play it. My gfx card could not handle it :sigh:. That is were my CS life died poofed and has never returned.

The funny thing is that now any game i play i begin to use tactics i used in CS. In Halo, i hide and prepare tactics more than anybody ive ever seen. I always get a yell on the mike wtf r u doin?!?!

anyways my funniest thing that happened in CS would be a few days after i got the game...
    i got the game around 2001 i was playing on a 20 man server. I stayed back because i horribly sucked at the game and i was just observing techniques of others. Because i stayed back too long everybody on my team died and there was only 1 guy left on CT. i checked the stats window and he had way more kills then deaths. i was scared and felt the feeling that the whole team was depending on me. i sat strait, stared at the screen with out blinking, reloaded my gun, and waited for a sign of him. It felt liek everything was in slowmotion. I saw him.. he saw me... i steadied my mouse and SHOT... my life draining... then it stoped +2 left... he was dead... i was in shock... everybody else was liek WTF.

This event is prob the reason i loved this game for soo long.

if i win this GFX card ill be able to play CS Source and relive the old days in better quality.

/cross fingers

3. abs50

abs50 New Member

one funny thing in hl2 was the wisecracks of the weird man in ravenholm episode and his mutterings about cattle and sheep...got me thinking was he also infected like the zombies ..turned out he was as a maniac as those he was killing and did i say about the eerie music and the wailing going on in the background ....got my skin crawling
    nothing better to beat the silence huh !
    one really novel thing about hl2 was traversing the underside of the railway track ...the view down the ocean was breathtaking and i bet most of the players must have fallen of the bridge atleast once or maybe jumped off to have a long ocean dive (wow if the game had really allowed that )....and the entire structure used to reverberate when a train passed through ...so realistic and just made me forget that i was playing a game..

4. abs50

abs50 New Member

Half fife 2 really turned up the level of modern gaming
    remember the highway episode which was great and the puzzle to unlock the gates ..
    complete the circuit by placing the connectors wow entirely plausible(never felt like a game) and really had to search the final piece when it was cleverly hidden in the bonnet of the wrecked car..for its kind of next generation game with puzzles this immediately jumps to mind and stays there...better that, everyone else !! and little thing before the highway episode when we have to use the crane to move the car kinda cool fun was using the crane to crush the enemy with anything at hand ...the novelty was how realistic the physics system seemed and did i say that first clear look i got at my character was in the reflection in the water best water relection and effects ever ...... the puzzles were very much with the flow of the game and used the physics system admirably the pivot one or the one where we have to fill tank with water and swim our way across the other side ...gosh this game has lot of enjoy first time and remember afterwards kind of stuff ...and ulimate victory is that it still 'salesful' and 'enjoyful '(just look at those review scores) when it is released in a pack 'orange box' .. hey does it refer to freedman s suit ..just a thought

5. HighlyLikely

HighlyLikely New Member

One of the things I can't get out of my head: the scientist telling me that with his brain and my brawn, we would do an excellent team.

Talking to people, this is my very own "that"s what she said!". New project on the table? "Sure dude... with my brain and your brawn, we'll make an excellent team!" - yeah well, that's what I'd say. Paw ! Some real pwnage served to you right there, dude.

Even my engineer in TFC can't stop saying it. Gotta build that teleport there or the sg here? I get the hw guy to stop running around aimlessly and provide cover by using this classic phrase. Sure got a shout-script for it, and hopefully a hw guy with just enough brain to understand it !

And when you start thinking about it, it's a phrase full of contradiction: playing HL, you got to use your brain right? But here's the catch, you also gotta use your brawn, see.. thats why I just like playing HL. So the scientist was wrong.

And while playing TFC, it's a bit different: there's just so much more brawn involved...and...and, yeah, lots of brawn, and brain too, actually lots of brainage...

...I forgot what I wanted to say... but one thing that's not a contradiction is you, Mr. Newell... you provide the brain - and that means the best games ever - and you let me do the carnage.

I hear we have a deal? What an excellent team we make!

6. Kein

Kein New Member

Half-Life 2 is my pick. I had a love and hate relationship with it when it came out. It gave me motion sickness to the point i wondered if i would survive till the end of the game, but i couldn't stop playing. Curiously, my video card couldn't keep up with it anymore and i was saved from the awesomeness that is HL2. I hope to be able to play it again with a better video card this time.

/crosses fingers

7. Resistor

Resistor Get it Going..

Boom.. Here I fly again...
    Wow the sky is absolutely beautiful...
    I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky...
    Ooopss I see the ground soon... thud thud!!!

Day of Defeat sure rocks for me..

8. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Back in the CS days when playing with my buddy, he seemed to never get killed and I was the target that got picked off first. Everytime I died, I heard him say "sniper" probably 1/2 a second after I died... everytime. CS:S is still one of the greatest to play.

9. Fuzz_Factory

Fuzz_Factory New Member

Jingle Bells, TF2 style :D

Dashing through the Well
    As a disguised spy
    Behind the enemy I go
    Knifing all the way
    Falling hot shells ring
    Making people Rage
    What fun it is to play
    Along with this ownage song

Oh, TF2, TF2 Jingle all the way
    Oh, what fun it is to play
    With a sentry gun
    FT2, TF2
    TF all the way
    As a secret spy

A day or two ago
    I thought I'd try the Sniper
    And soon I was knifed
    A spy was by my side
    The spy was tall and lank
    Misfortune was coming my way
    He ran towards the flank
    This was not my day

As a secret Spy, hey!
    FT2, TF2
    TF all the way
    As a secret Spy yeah

As a secret Spy, hey!
    FT2, TF2
    TF all the way
    As a secret Spy yeah

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  10. cloverleaf

cloverleaf New Member

Favorite Valve game, hmm... I'd have to say it's still the first Half-life.
    At the time of its release, it brought actual innovations into the FPS market; a good storyline, great graphics for the time and polish that was missing from other games of the genre.

Now, the market is so oversaturated with FPS games that there's hardly anything that stands out and grabs the player. Valve made it work back then by releasing a n innovative product at the right time and thus will be remembered among FPS developer for a long time...

11. Fuzz_Factory

Fuzz_Factory New Member

LOL, I love the terms and conditions :rofl:

12. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

From the Valve games that appeared,I most like Counterstrike Source because it runs better on ATI hardware,it has a lot of improvements for the engine since it appeared,and there is no better FPS of this kind better on the market

13. Stopman

Stopman New Member

CS IS DA BEST. IT ROCKZooOoOORZzzz....
    I can put out my all emotions in this game, thats why i like it ! :)
    Sponsor me, then i will be able to play all Valve games, i will buy orange box immidiatly ill have this card :)

14. RebeLone

RebeLone New Member

I remember playing half life for a long period of time and forgot to use the rest room. . . I farted and . . . I mean I sharted.

15. panopticon

panopticon New Member

Half-Life 2 is THE game. Its reality “glued” myself to liquid crystals of the display, nearly like my mother to one dentist’s chair. Oh, one thing – her impressions were slightly different to mine, don’t ask me why. Well, don’t ask her too, her ability to speak is currently unavailable But back to the topic… Fights in the streets, damaged flats, frightened people, atmosphere of fear, lost and the feeling of forthcoming doom – all of these make us feel a part of that reality; we live through those adventures like they would have concerned ourselves personally. HL2’s influence is very strong, even made me wrote a short story taking place in similar world. It could be used as an excellent basis for a future game :p
    j/k of course ;)

16. HighlyLikely

HighlyLikely New Member

This is Gabe Newell's true form.

[​IMG]

Only I knows that. I kept the red valve open all the time since he gave me my two favorite games: Half-life and TFC. And from that moment on, it hasn't stop pouring great games... the valve is not lie... but it sure looks like a horn to me... though I haven't told him (he says he likes it)...

[​IMG]

17. Skull

Skull <b>Boney Admin<b>

competition closed. winners will be announced shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.