Guide: How to install YouP Audigy4 drivers/software

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sovietdoc, Jun 28, 2005.

1. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

Okay, Ill start off imagining like you have just installed windows and your computer is clean. In the end I'll say what to do if you are installing without reinstalling windows.

1. You should have a CD with Audigy4 ISO on a CD, of it may be mounted on a virtual drive. Also you should have the YouP Audigy4 Driver versions 1.00, 1.01 or 1.02. After the windows install, install your chipset drivers and etc, then reboot and install any Service Packs but don't go to the windows update just yet. After the service pack installation, reboot and double click on the Audigy 4 1.02 driver (i'll use 1.02 as an example). Go through it by clicking "next." A page should apper with different music presets (Music I, II and Games/DVD.) Select the one that fits you best (description of each can be found on the page before that in the installation program). Make sure when you install these drivers you install the Audio Console as well. After the driver installtion is successful, restart your PC.

2. After your computer was restarted, dont go into the Audio Console just yet to setup your system. Put in the Audigy 4 CD (iso) with drivers. When it asks you which type of install you want, always click "Custom." In the custom installation you can install anything you want but make sure "Audio Console" and "Drivers" are unchecked because you already have them. After the install, don't forget to reboot your PC.

3. After both of those have been installed, make sure you get the "Audigy 4 patch" (link in at the end of the thread). Replace your "SpkSet.exe" which is located in X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Speaker Settings, with the one from the patch package. Do the same thing for the file called "SurMixer.exe", it's located in X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer. I suggest rebooting after that but thats optional.

4. After replacing those two files, get the Speaker Calibrator from the link below. Install it and reboot. After the reboot go to your Audio Console and configure everything. Don't forget to check Sound Properties in the Control Panel, make sure speakers there are set to whatever you're using. (2.1, 4.1, 5.1 and etc.) Because a lot of time Audio Console says "5.1" for example, but in windows they're still "Desktop Stereo Speakers". Run the speaker Calibrator if you have to configure your speakers "Perfectly" lol.

I also suggest going to the www.sounblaster.com and downloading the patch for the Creative Entertainment Center from the Audigy 4 Pro support page, and the Media Source patch. They're not integrated into the Audigy 4 ISO so get them separately. Of course install them after you've installed everything else.

For the people who didn't didn't reinstall windows, get the Driver Cleaner from the link below and clean everything with it. Install it, then after running it choose to remove everything "Creative" out of the system and within a second it should be done. Just make sure you uninstall your Audigy Drivers/Software from the control panel, before cleaning with DriverCleaner. Then reboot after everything is cleaned, make sure "Creative" folder isn't in the Program FIles anymore, Search the registry as well for Creative Tech, and delete all those entries. Reboot again and follow all previous steps.

For the people with huge shutdown delay, go to the Creative Entertainment Settings and disable it. Make sure you uncheck both "Enable" and "Enable When Windows Starts Up."

**NOTE**
    It's VERY importand that during installing everything you DO NOT change any of the default installation paths. If you do something might not work/crash. So, I warned you.

**UPDATE**
    Links have been updated as of 06/02/06 so it's working again :D

Links:
    http://www.cniti.com/soft/mc/2005-14/Audigy4Pro.rar - AUDIGY 4 ISO
    http://ordorica.org/pax/YouP-PAX-A4v1.02.exe - YOUP AUDIGY 4 v.1.02 Driver
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2144413/SpkCal_eng.zip.html -SPEAKER CALIBRATOR
    http://allenlyk.webhour.biz/files/A4_Patch.7z - AUDIGY 4 PATCH (SurMixer and SpkSet) *Thanks to Leoboom
    http://members.home.nl/mclaren2000/downloads/DCProSetup_15.zip - Driver Cleaner

P.S. Sorry for the spelling errors or if I didn't cover something. I'm just trying to help people out.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. krvolok

krvolok New Member

EDIT: NVM, I solved the problem.

BTW, nice guide. ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  3. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

Thanks buddy!

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

had to bite my guide huh lol jk

i was thinking about doing it good job

5. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

6. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

Thanks :) I just basically summarized what people were talking about in the "Audigy4 iso" thread.

7. rayraymond

rayraymond New Member

I have installed this Driver for my Audigy 2,
    but i can't get the Surround Mixer, Graphics Equalizer, Audio Console and etc.. working!!!???

why is that? i have installed the Audigy 4 ISO, driver, A4_patch, speaker calibration.
    I download all the files from this forum, but not this page.
    any suggestions?

8. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

Have you installed it all after reformatting your harddrive and reloading the OS? Just to make sure everything is clean. It could be a bad install or you didn't install it all after a clean installation. Remove all drivers/software and use the drive cleaner pro. Then after a reboot try following all these steps again and see if your new install will solve any problems.

P.S. To uninstall the YouP a4 driver, open up your A4 driver setup and instead of selecting which driver to install, click uninstall the driver. DO NOT uninstall YouP driver manually from "remove programs" or in the Device Manager.

9. rayraymond

rayraymond New Member

i didn't reinstall everything(os) for this soundcard.
    But after i installed the card with driver, the loading time(from "welcome" screen to the desktop) takes 70seconds, but if i use onboard sound it takes 4 seconds.

so there is a huge delay.

10. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

The first loading windows is slow after install those drivers and then will be okay.

11. rayraymond

rayraymond New Member

No it won't, it just keeps using 70seconds + to load xp everytime i load xp.

now i just switch to Kx, is it a smart move?

12. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

yea.. pictures would be nice unfortunately i gave up on creative drivers long time ago...

sad day indeed..

13. Radon

Radon New Member

What's the default directory that the YouP-PAX-A4v1.02 gets installed?

WinXP is asking to install the driver from a specific location...

14. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

like C:\ProgramFiles\Creative\Audigy or something, Leon probably knows better on this one...

15. Chronosphere

Chronosphere New Member

I did the upgrade on my Audigy 2 Platinum. For now, I installed the original ISO drivers, but an ANNOYING problem is still there (sorry for screaming). My computer still resets the speakers configuration to 2.1 everytime it boots. Annoying, since I own a set of S750's and I have to set my Audigy 2 to 6.1 EVERY TIME WINDOWS START.

I SIMPLY HATE THIS (again, sorry for screamin).

Question 1: Is there a way to fix this thing in to booting to 6.1 Always?????????

Question 2: Are there any benefits of modding my A2 to an A4????

Thanks!

16. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

Well, try unchecking the "Synchronize with Control Panel" option in Audido Console, reboot and go to the steaper setup options in the windows control panel, set them to 6.1 or whatever. Then go to the Audio Console and make sure those are at 6.1 as well. That should work. Benefits are a slightly better sound quality and the "new look" on the software :p though there is more to it, thanks to the Audigy4 hack by YouP...so I suggest to try it out, you can always remove it if you won't like it.

17. leoboom

leoboom New Member

sorry, newbie here.. donno this question has been asked b4 or not.. just wanna know which is the best edit for me? (music edit I, music edit II or game edit)

i listen to music a lot but i do play games too.. thanks!

18. pigdog

pigdog New Member

And I'm still hoping someone will come up with a working link for the Patch . . . . . . .

19. leoboom

leoboom New Member

I have uploaded the patch to my web host.. u guys can download it here until i decide to take it down :D

http://allenlyk.webhour.biz/files/A4_Patch.7z

20. krvolok

krvolok New Member