Guide: How to install YouP Audigy4 drivers/software

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sovietdoc, Jun 28, 2005.

1. CrazyJohn

CrazyJohn New Member

just want to thx :) works great... almost great, the icon in the task bar tells me sth programs cannot run... yet they work from the start menu... who cares :)

2. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

does this work for X64 OS as in would these drivers work for my Audigy 2 turning it into a XFI if i installed these drivers of am i hardware limited lol

3. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider New Member

If I install the apps first I can't install mediasource from the ISO. Any help?

Ok manage to update.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  4. tekktura

tekktura New Member

A4 1.02 drivers vs. Fi v2.31 drivers

Hello,
    i recently bought used Audigy 2 oem (rare sb0240 with goldened connectors). I was not able to get original drivers (only to test), so i've installed A4 modded drivers (v1.02) and A4 iso (and patches etc.) at once. All seems to work fine, although i cannot compare to the original.

But i've read on this forum a post which describes installing A4 iso together with Fi v2.31 drivers.

What is the difference between A4 1.02 and Fi 2.31 drivers, except what i already know - A4 1.02 softmods to Audigy4 ? Are there any performance/sound quality differences bettween these drivers ?

--
    The spice must flow

5. mustangclint

mustangclint New Member

Hey all. I've been rackin my brains here and just cant't figure this out. I've installed the drivers (gaming) and installed the console but i dl'ed Audigy4prosoftware_YouP.7z but i cannot find the .iso in there anywhere. I must be doing something wrong here or just don't understand this step or something. I have Daemon Tools installed and rady to go but i don't know how to mount the iso. I have used Daemon Tools for games b4 but i'm stuck here about what to do next.

So could someone please set me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated, i've been at this for 2 days now. Thx.

6. mustangclint

mustangclint New Member

Thx for no help. Got it figured out in another post...;

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

ok, so why doesn't thgis work with the SB0400's? or is there a work around?

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

OK, for what's it's worth is there any Youp Drivers that work with the SB0400?

9. telinalga

telinalga New Member

I have 2 soundcards on my system.. but the one i care is my audigy one. the other is a onboard sb 24 bits which i don't care about using creative software on it.

i installed 2pax drivers then the CD of creative and all programs seem to work fine.. but when i try to use the equalizer. on the list of devices.. there is only the audigy 24bits.. and there is no audigy one... on the other programs.. sound controls.. speaker settings, eax console (which also works with the sblive24bits)

any idea how to fix this? i already tryed reinstalling.

10. PointBlank

PointBlank New Member

When will all the links be updated.?
    I cannot download anything all i get is error pages. :(

11. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

i had the patch before for the EQ, where can i get that again?

12. Shadowe

Shadowe New Member

I've got an audigy 2 value (and Youp-Pax 2.31, which supports it) and after following these instructions to the letter (yes it was a clean install) and while it all seems fine and good (got a spiffy new equalizer) it still recognizes itself as an audigy 2 and now i cant get to the EAX console.

[edit]

After playing a while i've noticed an actual drop in sound quality, especially in games. EAX (or its effects at least) seem to kick in and out randomly, sound isnt as precise as it used to be* and the eax "zones" seem to be sharp and almost randomly placed.

And i still get a ton of static/popping/crackling noise when loading a level or listening to sound while something is downloading.

*i'll admit plantronic's audio .90's arent the best gaming headphones in the world, but i've never had a problem telling exactly where someone was before

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  13. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

did you try pax 2.33 driver?

14. Robert McClelland

Here are modified pfmod's for audigy series

Driver version / 2.08.0004+ (120k)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12725112/PfMod.dll.html

most previous drivers versions (128k)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12725184/PfMod.dll.html

older drivers/ (96k)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12725224/PfMod.dll.html

if you aren't sure what to use match up the file size or if that doest work read below for ways to modify the file yourself.

thats all that should be needed to get the mixer working again. from that PFMOD.dll that way incase you don't want search for it :)

15. Robert McClelland

opps double posted

16. Shadowe

Shadowe New Member

Since i wasnt clear enough in my last post (thats what i get for posting at 6am) imo go about it numerically this time.

1.No, i didnt try 2.33 i used the 2.31 link at the beginning of >This< (that's a link, click it) thread.

2.The pfmod.dll's you linked me didnt work, like i said before its the EAX console which doesnt work. The surround mixer is fine. Don't worry about it, people forget to actually read my posts all the time.

3.Any idea on why the softmod didnt work? i followed the directions at the beginning of this thread exactly.

4.why do all of you insist on linking to youp-pax.org or .com when it doesnt exist? And connected to this: why is it so damn hard to get a single central repository for all these files and an ENGLISH set of instructions on how to get them to work, that actually works and doesnt contradict every other set out there (every other set ALSO contradicts every other set. none of them agree)? I feel like that time my math teacher tried to explain the stock market to me.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

So does THIS version work on the AUdigy 2 Values? the SB 400's?

18. Shadowe

Shadowe New Member

2.31 youp-pax specifically states that it supports audigy 2 value. But from my personal experience so far the new beta drivers with openal but creative are far better.

19. Robert McClelland

just wait for the 2.08.004 driver I be release it it's from creative web updated and sounds great so far I think does support audigy 2 value since it's from audigy 1, 2zs beta driver set from 2.08.004 driver man I got tell you this driver updated sound very loud lol I hopely get driver reupload around lunch time :)on Thrusday.

20. skinnie

skinnie New Member

ppl,just got my Audigy 2 ZS today and saw this thread but saw the YouP 2.31 driver thread too..now I have some doubts..
    I want to have that shiny beautiful software that comes with the top creative cards but also want the most recent modded driver what must I do?instal the thing like it is in this topic or what?
    and a friend of mine has a Sound Blaster Live! Value CT4670..what mods can he do with that card?
    [[]]