Guide: How to install YouP Audigy4 drivers/software

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sovietdoc, Jun 28, 2005.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Tell your friend and you aswell that KX Drivers are also very cool and they may be the only option for your buddy..

2. RazorX

RazorX New Member

I have a question, is it possible to instal the newest openAL and 02.08.0004 drivers?
    Do I have full openAl support with the You 1.02.
    Sorry if I don't make much sense, but I have an AudigyLS and I have been using the Audigy2ZS drivers for now and don't know what has been happening lately.

3. RazorX

RazorX New Member

Ok here is what I did, since Youp's driver doen't support AudigyLS.
    I extracted the files from the latest drivers Creative has to offer for audigy 1,2,4 and ran ctcomp.exe in the dir where they were extracted.
    After that I uninstalled only the audigy card and gameport without removing any of the previously installed software fot Audigy2 ZS.
    I didn't even restart and installed the hacked drivers and the openAL driver.
    I replaced pfmod.dll with replacer putting the latest version and finally restarted.
    Now all the apps work and the latest openal games as well - I've tried Quake 4 and Prey.

So I guess that for guys like us with LS cards that's the best solution.
    The only thing I was wondering is whether the audigy4 software has more to offer that the Audigy 2ZS?

4. Ph33zy

Ph33zy New Member

everything works great on my audigy2 platium. However, the earphone option to mute your main speakers do not work. Is there a way around this?

5. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

Audigy 4 software just has different skin for the most part. If it has anything new I am sure its something small compared to the ZS package.

No I don't know why the mute finction isnt working.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

When I installed it over the AUdigy 2 software it just looks different, not by much though...

7. whitea4

whitea4 New Member

wow...this mod is great...everything works perfect for me. It's actually much simplier to do than it sounds like in the guide.

Acutally you only need to download the .RAR file from here
    http://www.cniti.com/soft/mc/2005-14/Audigy4Pro.rar
    It contains all the PAX driver, application ISO CD, and the A4 fix patch.

1. Remove all the creative old driver and applications. Driver cleaner software is recommanded.
    2. Go run regedit, use the Find function to search all the "Creative Tech" ones, and delete them.
    3. Restart. Go to C:\Program Files\, delete the Creative folder. Search and clear the Creative Tech reg again. Restart again.
    4. Unzip the Audigy4Pro.rar file. Unzip the YouP PAX exe file and install the driver. Restart.
    5. Use Daemon Tools to mount and run the ISO file. Choose custom install. Uncheck Audio Console and Win Driver. Install everything else. Restart.

The last 2 steps just follow the guide here.
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=78049
    6. Unzip the Patch file. Overwrite the original SurMixer and SpkSet file with the patch files.
    7. Download and Install the Speaker Calibrator software. Restart and it's done.

This Audigy4Pro.rar file comes with YouP PAX 1.0 driver. I've tried other newer YouP PAX drivers, and it causes crashes and some other applications don't work. So I choose to stick with what's in the package. This is good enough for me as I got a cheap OEM A2 card with no driver/software upadate support, and now it's turned into an A4 with it's driver/applications. And I can say is now it sounds so much better than my original A2 driver/applications. It might not be too much different if you've got the retail with the newest drivers/applications. However for OEM card owners, it's totally worth the time on doing this. Just play with it and hear it youself. :)

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I have a Audigy 2 value and always had issue getting the Youp drivers installed what is the SB # on your card? mine is the SB400 and it always seems to have issues with the Youp drivers..I can install and use all the rest of the Audigy 4 apps but I must use Audigy 2 base drivers...thx for any help you can give me...

9. whitea4

whitea4 New Member

I also have issues with other YouP drivers. The only way to make it work is that I stick with the files in that Audigy4Pro.rar file. Its YouP drive has to match its application software, and its application has to be fixed by its patch files. The files contain inside the .rar file has to work as a whole package and each file doesn't work alone as a signle upgrade for me.

10. Jelloh

Jelloh New Member

softmod work great...

Finally, i have my Audigy 2 value fully fuctional again. Thanks to everyone that has posted. The softmod works fine. My original A2 install cd became unreadable after i stacked it on top of another cd in the drive...result was a badly scratched install cd...silly mistake :duh: lol

Thanks

11. prodl

prodl New Member

I'd be grateful for any help and apologize in advance for the basic nature of my questions.

I just put together a nice machine for music, gaming, video, etc. and just installed the Audigy 4 soundcard. Problem is that I can only get the analog outputs to work. for a while I had the digital working, but only in stereo, no 5.1 or 6.1. now, no digital at all. I suspect it is software/driver related, but can't be sure. I've noticed a lot of folks here saying the creative drivers and software are crap, so the question is: any suggestions on how to re-setup this thing and install different drivers and/or software?

12. PointBlank

PointBlank New Member

YOUP AUDIGY 4 v.1.02 Driver
    Link is not working. :tears:

13. prodl

prodl New Member

OK, how do i get it working, or d/l new one?

14. andersondiaz

andersondiaz New Member

hi everyone recent I buy the xfi fatality ps, I have this drivers in my pc and work fine with my old audigy platinum, when I install my xfi I uinstall this drivers to the panel control and use dcpro, I put my xfi on pci and proceed to install drivers (aplications and Drivers, original CD), hell for me the instalation, every time I have multiples mensage errors, d:\cms\mediade\setup.inx error code -2147213312....other NĀ°error 0x80040703.....failed to find dll funtion commond.is64bitplaform...................ctengine cannot be instaled...etc etc :S

anybody can help me please...

PD: the sound card is ok I can hear..... the problem is I cant use the aplications of drivers and hear music etc, beacause the intall is errors........

15. thegave

thegave -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

Just so that I don't go crazy trying, can someone tell me if this mod works with the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook? I keep trying the YouP-PAX 1.00 driver installation but it tells me the hardware can't be found. Every time before I install, I run DriverCleaner and RegCleaner and delete all the dirs.
    Right now I'm trying a hard install of the drivers through Windows Device Manager... I'd be grateful if someone could give me an answer soon.

I also have another really stupid question: Should my soundcard be in the PCMCIA slot or out, before I start installing everything?

And one last thing: The big Audigy4Pro.rar comes with a file called YouP-PAX-A4v.1.02.exe but while it's running it consistently refers to itself as 1.00. Does 1.02 actually exist?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  16. Tannah

Tannah New Member

I've installed this stuff on a audigy 1 and everything works great except I cant get my Graphic Equalizer working, it keeps telling me that "the audio device supported by this applaction is not dectected. applacation will now exit"
    anyone have a fix or workaround for this?

17. PIRATA!

PIRATA! New Member

Hi to everyone!
    I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Is there a way to install original Creative WinVistra 64bit drivers ver. 2.12.0002 (SBAXVSD_PCDRV_LB_2_12_0002.exe) with the Audigy4 softwares from the Audigy4 ISO???

I was able to do so following the thread <<Guide: How to install YouP Audigy4 drivers/software - DriverHeaven.net>> and using the original Creative WinXP drivers ver. 02.08.0004 (SBAX_WEBUP_LB_2_08_0004.exe) instead of the YouP drivers.

Is there a way to do sow with Vista??

Thank you! :)

18. bbycomputer

bbycomputer New Member

hi guys, love what you do and have brought to computer audio

after installing this package and the pax 3.5 drivers, everthing worked perfect except for the eax console
    -
    i dont know if its because im running server 2003 or not
    BUT i found the solution after installing the following update package from creative
    http://us.creative.com/support/down...SName=Windows+XP&OS=10&DriverType=0&details=1

by the way i have an audigy 1

19. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

I know that links arent working but I can't find these files anywhere. Try the official YouP-Pax forum at http://www.youp-pax.org/

20. tahsinakkulah

tahsinakkulah New Member

Url not support,Please refresh url?