Half-Life: Alyx: Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Has Played It, Says It's 'Amazing'

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

The Xbox boss has already played Half-Life: Alyx and he says that it’s “amazing.”

While at XO19, Microsoft’s head of gaming Phil Spencer said in an interview that virtual reality isn’t a focus for next-gen console Project Scarlett as Xbox players aren’t asking for it.

After this news came out, Spencer replied to a discussion on Twitter that criticised him for dismissing VR as a novelty while Valve, Sony, and Oculus are investing heavily in it.

“Fair feedback. I've said publically [sic], I love how our industry has pioneered: AI, physics, 3D, RT, VR/AR etc. For us, it's about focus on our innovations right now,” Spencer wrote in his reply.

While Spencer reaffirms that Scarlett won’t focus on VR, the second part of his response reveals that he has already played the newly announced VR game Half-Life: Alyx, which he describes as “amazing.”

“I've played some great VR games, I got to play HL:Alyx in the summer, amazing,” Spencer writes. “It's just not our focus with Scarlett.”

2. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

If the Xbox wasn't American it wouldn't sell well - at all.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Although obviously not to the same extend, it reminds me of Sega and the Sega Saturn.