Half-life/Counter-strike issue with XP-NTFS

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by forgiven, May 29, 2002.

1. forgiven

forgiven New Member

When I install NTFS when setting up windows Half-life will play but when you pause it will not come out of it. When I set it up as a FAT 32 files system it will work just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions. This has happened with Nvidia and ATI cards. I am sure it is something stupid but I am stupid so I have covered those bases. How about someone smart covering those bases??

Thanks ;)

2. DaSnIpE

DaSnIpE Driverage Snipe

I've had that bug for a while, it'll happen no matter what. I heard adding -nocdaudio helps that out, but I can't resume it at all tho.

3. forgiven

forgiven New Member

So do you just run in FAT32 file system??...cuz that is what I am doing. Seems to work OK but defeats the purpose of XP...doesn't it?

4. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

The purpose of XP wasnt the NTFS

The purpose of XP was to put a stable OS into the hands of consumers

FAST FAT (aka XPs form of fat32) is just as stable as NTFS the things that NTFS adds on arent really all that apparent until you get XP Pro

For home its just a choice. It makes data less succeptible to corruption but also slows down game play a lil bit

5. forgiven

forgiven New Member

I had guys telling me that there is no reason I couldn't get it to work in NTFS and to use fat32 is stupid. From what I am hearing, I am not off base and I am doing all I can do.

Thanks

6. DaSnIpE

DaSnIpE Driverage Snipe

I had the problem with FAT 32, its a problem with XP or your drivers, u using a radeon ?