????????HELP??????

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Sourcer_2002, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Sourcer_2002

Sourcer_2002 BANNED

Ok i got a couple of questions and i dont i want to start a ton of threads so im gonna sak them all in one simple post.

1.)Have any of yoiu guys ever painted your case's? I was wondering what the best type of paint would be?

2.) I recently downloaded the XP SP i had to use get right to download but only so i could resume cause im one of the unforunte ones that dont have a highspeed connect in there area. But after i d/l'ed and went to open it turned out as an HTML document. Any idea if i could change it to run witha program in windows that would run it?

3.) I know that running a higher a refresh rate will cause your Video cards to work harder but how much more of load does it put on? Also if i run i a refresh rate that windows says could possible damnage my montier will accutly really hut it?

Sorry about the long post but i had a lot on mind!

;) Thanks in advance for any help :D

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Elite Bastard

I'd recommend the best paint you can afford such as automobile paint. And if you want to keep any sort of finish for awhile, spray on some clearcoat also.

The warez site you d/led SP1 from probably renamed the exe to html so their ISP wouldn't ban it. Just rename the extension to exe.

It doesn't put an additional load on the videocard. If anything it will make the RAMDAC work a tiny bit harder. Definitely nothing to worry about. Your monitor is a PnP device so Windows can tell whats the highest refresh it can take, so I wouldn't run higher than Windows recommends.

3. Sourcer_2002

Sourcer_2002 BANNED

Thanks

Thanks i would have been P.O'ed if i couldnt get the SP to work but do you think of i were to the refresh rate 20 Mhz higher to would damage my montier

4. shuki

shuki New Member

on the refresh rate issue, go into device mgr and look under monitor. See if your monitor is listed or if it's just some generic plug and play monitor. If your monitor is listed then listen to windows (yes 20hz over will damage your monitor if it is not built to run at that frequency!!). If it's PnP or some other type listed, go find drivers for your specific monitor and install them.