hmmm....why?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Asmoday, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

How come that this section have so few posts..?

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Easy!

'Cause most nVidia owners are too busy gaming to bench, they don't have to worry about tweaking the hell out of their cards as much. :)

I'll try and get it a bit more active for ya, I'll hunt up my benching notes and post some results this afternoon. For now I'm sticking with the newest 29.42 drivers. :)

3. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

because there are so few nvidia owners here.
    they all use stock nvidia drivers cuz they work! :D

4. digitalwanderer

I think you were half-joking, but I think that really is why the nVidia sites aren't anywhere near as in-depth as the ATI sites. (I sorta miss the ATI community. :( )

5. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

that, and the fact that people who do have problems with nvidia cards and do go to forums looking for answers usually are either not computer savvy or don't have a problem that takes more than a day to fix. my problem took months to fix, and was driver related, so i had plenty of time to make friends. (that and the fact that the owner of nvnews works with my dad)

6. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Why no posts

I think it falls back to the fact that ATi has had such poor driver support in the past that more end users had no choice but get online and try and find out what they had to do to get their card to perform. I switched from ATi to nVidia based cards for that very reason, and until the Radeon 8500 came along I would not have switched back to for anything. I wouldn't mind having the AIW Radeon 128 Meg card, it would kick some serious ass I'm sure.

7. digitalwanderer

I see.

Ahh, all becomes clearer now. I've also heard a rumor that nVidia is a bit better with tech support than ATI is, (Like that would be very hard.... :rolleyes: ), but I haven't had the good fortune to run across a problem with my cards yet that I couldn't handle. (Well, "handle" with a little help from all my virtual friends. :D )

8. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Re: I see.

I had not either until a certain GeForce 3 Ti 200 card just would not work with XP Pro due to that damm infinite loop problem. We must have gone through the entire Detonator database trying to get the damm thing to work. We ended up popping an ATi Radeon AIW in and it worked first time :confused: