Home Sweet Home...following vacation trip

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

My older son, daughter-in-law, and I, went down to St. Simon's Island...in SE Georgia this week. We arrived there late Saturday evening and returned just after midnight last night. (My older daughter lives there.)

I still have until this coming Monday before I have to return to work.

I didn't get as many photos on this trip as we spent several "nearly all-nighter's" doing some fishing off the pier at The Village. It had been many, many moons since I had done much fishing but my son was so very eager to do some salt-water fishing so we all got our rods and reels and went for it.

I actually pulled in the first catch ... about a 10 inch baby shark. This was at a beach area and not on the pier. Once we went to the pier, between the three of us we must have caught close to 2 dozen of those baby sharks! My d-i-l did catch a couple of Whiting and some Toad-fish among her own baby sharks.

We did take a trip over to Jekyll Island and walked about a mile and a half to a beach area where it's known to have some shark teeth. We also did some fishing there. My son caught a 3-4 lb Bull Shark while there.

The final catch, which was mine again, was a 14-inch Stingray. This, I caught under the Sydney Lanier Bridge not too far from Jekyll Island....which is next to St. Simon's Island.

All-in-all, it's been a very relaxing vacation. But, as always, it's really nice to be able to sleep in my own bed again. :)

[​IMG]

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Stingrays just look so... alien, for the lack of better word. Seeing and actually catching one, pretty cool. :)

Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  3. clubrope

clubrope Member

Stingrays are beautiful, it generally does not attack aggressively or even actively defend themselves.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Especially if you are Australian.

5. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

steve-irwin-1.jpg

I bet this guy thought the same thing..

Trusteft likes this.