house just filled with smoke...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dark Lord, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

well my afternoon was a ton of fun.

its only 37 degrees out right now, so i went to throw some wood in the fire. a moment later i noticed the basement was filling with smoke. im looking around all over the place to see if theres a fire or something, and theres nothing.

i go and give my dad a call and tell him whats going on. he told me to go check the pipe behind hte furnace that leads to the chimney. sure enough it had fallen off.

well, after about 20 mins of chokeing on smoke i got the pipe back on and all hooked up again. by the time it was back on and doing its thing, the entire basement filled with so much smoke you couldnt see more then a couple feet infront of you in places. of course it started drifting up stairs too...

so needless to say, im sitting down stairs right now freezing my ass off with 4 fans running, 2 windows open, and 1 slider open. on the up side, i can breath again, i can see again, i found out 1 smoke detectors batteries are dead, and my computer is currently at 26C cpu, 19C case, 31c video.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

turn your computer off if there is still smoke... smoke coming out or going in is not a good thing...

3. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

QFT. Either do that, or overclock it. :evil:

4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

ya... worrying about the computer only came to mind after everything was said and done and i was sitting down at it again.

i dont think i need to worry about it too much though. the computer sits within 4 feet of both a window and slider, and i had a fan blowing pretty close by. most of the smoke should have completly missed the computer and went out the open windows.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

you'd be surprised..

Smoke sticks and goes where it wants... even if you don't figure much went inside.... it'll not be pretty...

I'd still suggest going in there and blowing it out now before it builds up with dust.. smoke is so sticky