How creepy would it be?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I will skip on the details for obvious reasons.

I met a woman and we seemed to hit it off, but due to a variety of reasons (busy, stupid) I didn't ask or offered my contact info. Knowing only her first name I....found her name and a couple of her social media accounts.
    Already feeling creeped out about this.
    So, would contacting her through one of those accounts, be very creepy? Very very creepy? Very very very creepy?

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

depends, is there no way you will run into her again? If the answer is no, then I'd say go for it.
    The worst that can happen is she'll be creeped out and you won't see her again, which is already where you're at right? The best that can happen is she will realise you are interested and the feeling is reciprocated and everything will be hunkydory.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Beyond creepy....

Go for it.

4. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

This

5. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

If a woman would look me up like that and contact me I'd get a bit worried to be honest. But, I'm talking from experience since this has happened and she turned out to be a real psycho..

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

No comment.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

What's the point of social media if it's not used for things of this nature.. it would be creepier to keep an eye on her social accounts than it would be to fire off a message.... would it be any creepier to look her up in the phone book if she had a phone listing.... or to cross your fingers and hope that she happens to show up at any of the previous places that you know she was at (or use the social media resources to determine places she frequents)...

Honestly i'm a bit confused by people's definition of creepy and the hypocrisy revolving around it.

Some woman/man may consider an admirer creepy when they are disinterested... but they would LOVE.... adore.. think it's cute.. fun.... awesome if someone they do have an interest in would do the EXACT same thing to them. Total bullshit. If they dislike someone accessing their PUBLIC information that THEY DIVULGED and AGREED to place online anywhere at all... PROVIDED that someone accessing it isn't circumventing their security (restricting their details to those of their friends or selected people).... they have NO RIGHT to make the claim that someone sending a message there way provided it's respectful/appropriate... would be creepy or "rude/inappropriate".... if they insist otherwise.. they need to stop breathing our air.... or if that seems a bit excessive... at least stop using the internet altogether, because the people they are AWARE of .... are small apples compared to those they aren't.

8. Trusteft

Ah damn it, I was close to do it till I read Judas' comment.

I need to think about it more.

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

How would YOU feel if it was she who found YOU on social media and made first contact?

10. Trusteft

I would love it. But I am weird.

11. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

been giving that some thought.
    I don't think I'd mind actually. if I'd been careless enough with my info that I was findable with next to no details, then I would have to expect it, so I wouldn't be too bothered if a hot girl looked me up.

I say go for it :)

Dyre Straits and IvanV like this.
  12. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Generally speaking, a gesture can be seen as either creepy or sexual harassment in one case or as pleasantly surprising, funny, romantic etc in another and the difference is in the perception of the person "receiving" the gesture and whether such a gesture was in accordance with the dynamic between the two people or, potentially, with the "receiving" person's own wishes.

If you two hit it off a bit and you think she'd like to hear from you again, go for it. Don't make it complicated. If she asks for an explanation, tell the truth: "I realized I really enjoyed talking to you the other day. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I put your name in the search box and your picture popped up." Simple, true, understandable. :)

Don't wait for too long. If you're going to contact her, do it while she still remembers you and that she had a nice chat with you. :)

EDIT: What Richy said. If she made herself easy to find, she's more likely to be the person who's okay with it than not. Besides, what's the worst that can happen? In the absolute worst case, you apologize for the inconvenience and move on - as you would if you didn't contact her. So, nothing to lose, really. :)

Dyre Straits likes this.
  13. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Totally in agreement on this!

14. Trusteft

Well I did it. I opened an account on Instagram and sent her a message. When we met I suggested her to watch The Gift, but I meant The Game. So my message was basically me suggesting the correct movie/title.

On the other hand, I can't believe I installed Instagram yuck.

Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  15. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I would of just made it sound like an accident that you ran across their account some time later and just say hi to avoid creepiness see if they respond to kick up a conversion.

You be amazed how people meet. A friend of mines bother ended up with some gal apparently her was very drunk cased down her car and got her number and had her write it on his hand because he had no paper.

16. Calliers

I've found if you ask girls to write their number on your hand because you forgot your phone or left it at home charging they always give you an incorrect number.

17. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

That's more creepy.... lying is no good way to start any kind of conversation with someone of interest... no matter how "insignificant" it may seem... If someone cannot accept the truth/honesty of someone.... that is their problem.. and in the end... a bullet dodged most likely.... I despise those that embrace a false reality just because it makes them feel better and allowed them to ignore problems (falsely)..... the only way to solve an issue is by facing reality and the truth.

Considering the divorce rates and the courts being flooded with cases that don't even involved people that are married.. but fouled up relationships that get drug in... It's clearly evident that the regardless of the situations that occur to result in 2 people (or more) forming a relationship... have made very poor decisions. Most of that seems to be down to the fact of inpatients and whimsical fantasy lala land like mindsets where that significant other can't do anything wrong.... and everything is awesome and wonderful.... eventually one or both get slapped with reality and finally the elephant in the room is addressed.

18. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

seconded. Nothing to lose, everything to win.

19. Calliers

So did the lass reply you?

20. Trusteft

Nope.