Internet Explorer 11 get it to open new windows Full screen

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Mr Cairo, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

so I recently started using IE11 and only have 1 niggle that I hope someone can solve , I do not like Tabbed browsing I like a new window to open and I switch back and fore

Problem is it seems that only the first window will open full screen and any links I click will then open a small pop up sized window ... see image below

is there a way to force all the windows to open full screen without removing the menu bar ... thanks

Image1.jpg

2. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Tabs at the top of the screen or tabs at the bottom of the screen... that's the ONLY difference between opening in a new window. If you are looking for a quick way to scroll though IE11 tabs at the top of the screen, it's Ctrl+TAB

QB

3. Mr Cairo

no im looking for a way for all windows to open full screen I never use TABS to browse

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I think this might work. I know I've done something similar for a client. They wanted the Kiosk type look (which you can get by altering the shortcut to include a -k a the end), but any link you click in Kiosk mode opens in a new regular window. To get around this you need to enforce full screen mode for IE, and you do that via Group Policy (gpedit.msc).

Computer Configuration – Administrative Templates – Windows Components – Internet Explorer

Look for the line that says, "Enforce Full Screen Mode", and change it to Enable.

The only thing is that I haven't done this on Windows 10 machines. Only 8.1 and lower. In fact I don't do this on the local machines anymore. Thanks to Server 2012 I can enforce this to specific computer very easily via the server itself.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

I've just always hit the F-11 key to get full screen on any screen.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Do it, then open a link in a new window, and you'll notice it won't be full screen. You will also notice you can't make that new window full screen until you close the first one. It's an odd oversight by MS.

7. Mr Cairo

Wow ok was hoping for a simple radio button choice but cheers :)

Problem is that removes the file edit view menu from the top so thats no good either ..Plus I open a lot of Windows

Dyre Straits likes this.