iPond: Animal Cruelty for Your iPod

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Iria, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

Source: Tech-Ex
    _________
    A speaker system for the iPod that doubles as a fish tank is flying off the shelves in Australia. It's also drawing the attention of animal rights activists and aquarists.

2. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

i am an aquarist as well and those little betta prisions are the main reasons for their death really. being a rather hardy species, they live for at least 3-4 (they tend to have shorter lifespans than certain other fish) years in a nicely maintained 5 gallon tank, they dont need much of a filter and have a kind of lung so they can breathe air as well.

they are sold under the impression that they can live in those little cups they're purchased in. a completely false statement, while they don't need much and can live in a 3 gallon vase with weekly water changes, a drinking glass is out of the question.

3. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

I have to agree that just retarded in the first and and second thats just wrong. Keeping anyone in such a small space would just suck for that animal.

If I was in a room that was just a hair bigger than I was and not able to turn around I think I would go crazy and have a mental break down in 30 minutes lol.

4. shteve

shteve New Member

My fish lives in a 46 Litre tank - seeing that poor fish in 650ml of water makes me sad. I can't believe it's real.

5. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

where did common sense go?

6. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

it was replaced with the intense want for a few extra bits of cash.....

7. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

I so hope this is a hoax like "Bonsai kitten", as it is just as ridiculous, though as fish are not cute & fluffy....

The only fish that should be in something like that is a plastic one, like in those USB powered aquariums - ThinkGeek :: USB Mini Desktop Aquarium