Just purchased Driver Cleaner.net Dosnt work Unhandled Exception

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by R1!, May 13, 2007.

1. R1!

R1! New Member

Just purchased Driver Cleaner.net, Dosnt work Unhandled Exception.
    Never had a problem with Driver Cleaner Pro Ever not even once.
    Do you have a version that dosnt require .net.
    Can I email someone to request a non .net version, I didnt see one on the site.
    I repaired .net 2.0, I installed .net 3.0, uninstalled reboot and reinstalled reboot
    I allways get the same error.
    Thanks for the help.

Do you guys have a functionality check for .net 2.0.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Spike will be on to help you in no time about this, but it would help to know what version of OS you are using, as well as if you are using any software, be it anti-virus or anti-spamware, that protects the registry from alterations.

The reason I ask is that this particular error usually comes up when there is an invalid or missing registry path listing. That could mean that either your registry is corrupt, the software didn't finish installing, or it was blocked from updating the registry. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if was Windows Defender that blocked it.

3. R1!

R1! New Member

Windows XP Pro SP2 with updates.
    Bitdefender 10 Antivirus.
    Comodo Firewall.
    I turned off both when I download , Installed and uninstalled.
    Ill try again with all extra services turned off as well.
    Thanks for thr reply!!

I made sure all anti anything services were all off and still a no go same exception error.
    Including making sure windows defender was off.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  4. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Can you give more details about the error? most times there is more details in the error windows and that could help. So if you can copy and past that.

5. R1!

R1! New Member

PM sent Thanks.

6. Spike

Can you try uninstalling Driver Cleaner.NET and the .NET Framework versions. Then go to the microsoft website and download the .NET Framework 2.0 and install that and after that install Driver Cleaner.NET.

Do you get this error also with Live Update and Driver Version Check?

Do you get this error when you start the program?

7. R1!

R1! New Member

Did all that still dosnt work.
    Tried all the apps non of them work.

I even ran ccleaner with a reg back up and still a no go.

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like your OS is hosed, might need to reinstall it unless you are an expert with the registry - my only suggestion would be to deinstall all .net frameworks and try a tool like regsupreme http://www.macecraft.com/ - then reinstall net framework. to save time in future after you reinstall the OS and the basic drivers, ghost the OS as a backup then its only a matter of a few minutes to reinstall the whole thing. My friend had the exception error with net framework and the only thing we could do to cure it was reinstall the OS from fresh.

9. Zemont

Zemont Banned

Hello.
    I am having the same problem - the bloody thing would not start!!! :mad:

The error is reported as following:
    "Exception ECException in module DriverCleanerDotNET.exe at 0001E54D.
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    ."
    Please note that usually the last line of such messages contains the name of the file that the system cannot find. This time the line is empty except for a dot. May the reason be that this is a dotnet-based program? :D

I get similar messages with all other program's modules - AutomaticDotNET.exe, DriverCheckDotNET.exe, LiveUpdateDotNET.exe, and ReplaceDotNET.exe.

I've read all posts in this thread and have done everything suggested, except for a clean re-install of my operating system, which is Windows XP Pro with all the latest patches and updates up to May, 2007:
    - uninstalled Driver Cleaner.NET 3.2.0.0;
    - uninstalled all MS .NET Framework versions (all three of them);
    - cleaned my hard drive of all the .NET Frameworks remnants;
    - cleaned the registry with Norton WinDoctor, CCleaner, jv16 PowerTools' Registry Cleaner , Registry Mechanic, RegistryBot and System Mechanic' registry cleaner tool;
    - downloaded and installed MS.NET Framework 2, installed the corresponding patches;
    - installed the purchased Driver Cleaner.NET 3.2.0.0.

The result is - FUCKING ZERO! :duh:
    What the hell of a program is this that you have to re-install an operating system to make it work?
    I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  10. Spike

Keep your replies here normal so no swearing.

It is not the fault of my program that another program damaged your windows. With you i have now 2 people that had this problem. There has been another program on your system that damaged your windows which could give problems with some parts of the .NET Framework. This could have happend when you uinstalled it or when that program was installed.

What you could try to do is do a windows repair install, then windows will repair damaged files and registry entries and leaves your programs inmstalled. After that reinstall the .NET Framework 2.0 and see if it works then.

If the repair install does not work then send me an email with your name and email address you used to register and the problem you have so i can see it comes from you and keep the email ok so no swearing orso.

11. Zemont

Zemont Banned

Thank you for your reply, dear Sir.
    But I do not indend to waste my time further trying to make your lousy program work.
    I just want my money back.

12. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

No reason to get harsh, if there is a problem with .net on your system, spike really cant do anything.

Uninstall all .net's, reboot, install CCleaner and multiple system scans for errors and old files. Reboot and install .net 2.0.

13. Zemont

Zemont Banned

Are you blind or something?
    Read my post - http://www.driverheaven.net/1060122-post9.html

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  14. Spike

It is not a lousy program. I can't help that you damaged your system.

Send a normal email to info at drivercleaner dot net with your name and email you user to register and we can talk about the refund.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  15. Zemont

Zemont Banned

Sorry, Sir, I cannot agree with that.
    If the program does not work than it is lousy.
    And I did not damage my system. It works perfectly except for your LOUSY program.

Give my ten bucks to charity.

You'll never hear from me again but I will sure spread the word about your LOUSY program.

16. Spike

I said in 2 replies that you should send me an email with your name and email you used to register with else i can't know who to refund.

Only 2 people have this problem so it is not a lousy program.

17. Galizzi Giampiero

Galizzi Giampiero New Member

I am having the same problem too!!
    I think that the problem is after the installation of Microsoft.net framework 3.0 that can modify something in the OS.
    I 've uninstalled and re-installed all the programs until net framwork 2.o but the risults is that the program's modules - AutomaticDotNET.exe, DriverCheckDotNET.exe, LiveUpdateDotNET.exe, and ReplaceDotNET.exe. don't work.
    Could you help me? Thanks

18. Spike

Hi,

i am really sorry that this happend, but at the moment i have no idea why it happens. The only reason i can think of is that something is damaged in your windows. I don't think it is .NET Framework 3.0 that causes it, because i have that also installed.

If you can try a windows repair install. That will fix damaged files and registry parts. It is possible that after the repair install you should run Windows update again, but the rest of your programs stays ok. After that also reinstall the .NET Framework.

I can only suggest the repair install or a refund. If you want a refund then send an email to info at drivercleaner dot net with your name and email you used to register.

I will keep looking into this, because i really like to know what causes it, because then i can program around it or help people fix it easier.

EDIT: Does this error happen in safe mode? or in normal windows? Have you tried running it in both?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  19. Galizzi Giampiero

Galizzi Giampiero New Member

I have tried to perform a windows repair installation, how much from you above suggested, but the problems are not resolved.
    I send you an e-mail to info at drivercleaner dot net where I have attached the errors that I find in the forms of Driver Version check.net and Live Update.
    I hope helps you to resolve the problem.
    Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  20. Spike

Does Driver Cleaner works now? because there 2 errors are different. It looks like it can't openen or find the downloaded files for live update and driver check. Does your windows account have administrator rights?

Can you check is the folder C:\Programmi\DriverCleanerDotNET\LiveUpdate exist?

Is it possible that there is a programm running that blocks those files or deletes them, because it thinks it is a virus?