Just purchased Driver Cleaner.net Dosnt work Unhandled Exception

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by R1!, May 13, 2007.

1. Galizzi Giampiero

Galizzi Giampiero New Member

1) Driver Cleaner as it programs has always worked, it doesn't perform the Update.
    2) yes, my windows account has administrator rights.
    3) yes, the folder C:\Programmi\DriverCleanerDotNET\LiveUpdate it really exists and to the inside there is the relative file but it is empty, has dimension of 0 byte.
    4) I have performed a control of the all system with the F-secure suite without noticing virus or spyware.

The strangest thing that happens during the UpDate demand is that while the program asks the permission to contact the server of Driver Cleaner to the firewall of F-secure, there is not contrarily the application of the server to access my PC to download the files.
    This happens only with the Driver Cleaner program and not with other programs or windows Update.
    What do you think of this?

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Now the live update and driver version check download the files from the server, it is possible that F-Secure blocks the download somehow. It is possible to try 1 of the programs and disable F-Secure and see if it works then without error?

If it works with F-Secure disabled is it possible to add the files in F-Secure to a trusted list orso?

3. Galizzi Giampiero

Galizzi Giampiero New Member

I am happy to announce you that the problem has been resolved!:w00t:

I don't know why F-secure stopped the connection at both the necessary servers to download, www.driverheavendownload.ner and drivercleaner.net
    Unfortunately in my case, it was the filter of the control parents that it prevented the download of the files.
    After having inserted both web sites in the list of the allowed sites all it correctly works.
    Thanks still for the collaboration and have helped me to resolve the problem.
    Driver Cleaner is always a good program.

4. OneOfOne

OneOfOne New Member

Hello I Just purchased DC Today, I had been using the an Old Version I got from a link on Tweak Guides, I Had no Idea You Changed the Program and Updated it. I was happy with that old version I had and it seem to work. But I seen You now charge so I Thought what the hell it has been a great Help to Me no more going into the REG. and removing the files. and $10.00 is well Worth it. Well I Down Loaded it and it installed with no trouble and it once again works great. I have no problem recommending this small very easy to use program, and if You do have trouble with it it is worth the time to Talk with it's creator to help You get it up and running. Great Job. I do have one Question for the Owner of the Program, I have three PC's in My Home, Mine, My Wifes and My Kids. May I put the program on all three or do You want $20.00 for the other Two PC's
    Thank You,
    Don Swad
    Owner: OCS Custom Bullets

5. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

OneOfOne for home use you can put it on as many pc's as you want. So you can use it on all 3 systems.