Konami Pulls Back the Curtain on Upcoming TurboGrafx-16 Mini

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

The TurboGrafx-16 Mini is the latest mini console from Konami. The game lineup currently includes R-Type, Super Star Soldier, Ys Book I & II, and more.

The mini came console craze took the world by storm when Nintendo released the NES Classic in 2016. Since then, we’ve seen a number of companies release their own mini consoles to try and compete. Konami has decided to throw their hat into the ring and has announced the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. Take a first look at the tiny console in the trailer below.

Tipstaff and Trusteft like this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Adventure Island was a riot.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I never played any game on this console, but I will gladly get one.
    Also, this is great news because after the less than stellar initial sales of the PS Classic, I was worried we would not see any more of them. (yes I am aware of the Sega one).
    Hopefully if this sells well and if the MD/Genesis does too, we might see more recent consoles too. (N64, Dreamcast, etc).

4. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

It's interesting that a lot of people are going retro, just goes to show that gameplay counts for a lot, even in 2019/20.