kx 3552 'todo' list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Kero

Kero New Member

Although I'm not sure if problems can be fixed (as they seem very specific), I'd like to report two problems I found with 3551 Alpha that I didn't have with 3550 :

- Using the Dynamics Processor plugin, my card becomes absolutely silent once I load a .kx config in which they are used. Using the VU-meter plugin, I can see that the sounds "disappears" once it reaches this plugin. To get the sound back, I must fiddle with the Dynamics Processor potentiometers : modifying the plugin's configuration by playing with the pots gets the sound back.

- Using some older .kx config files, my sound gets stuck in a kind of infinite loop : it sounds like what's being played is being recorded, and what's being recorded is played slightly louder. That sound is then recorded, then played even louder and so on until after a few seconds there's only a huge loud distorted mess of echo. It wouldn't do that on 3550. And it doesn't do that when I make a whole new DSP config. But I couldn't figure out what's the difference between the old and the new DSP config that could explain the problem appearing or not.

- I think there's a bug with WaveHQ and some video games. I remember playing Prototype with WaveHQ set as default, and the sounds were all sped-up and with higher pitch.

- And of course, all the problems everybody has already heard of : sliders not working, UAC problem, last DSP setting not loaded at startup (apparently a matter of wrong kxmixer.exe called by Windows at startup), SoundFonts not supported, SPDIF/AC3 actually being Wav0/1, etc.

Using an Audigy 2 ZS with Win7/x64.

Hope some of those can be fixed! A bug-free version of kX would be pretty much heaven!

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

"Using an Audigy 2 ZS with Win7/x64."

Try using the 32bit version of KX mixer. You don't need to reinstall anything, it's included with your package and already installed. You just need to run it instead of the 64bit version. See if these problems go away.

3. Kero

Kero New Member

Actually I can't test it right now, as I'm currently abroad, without my desktop PC. But I'll make sure to try this when I go back home this summer. Thanks for the tip.

4. pkozerski

pkozerski Member

Eugene, could You post some info about new release? how goes the work?

5. f0rmateg

f0rmateg New Member

Îòâåò: kx 3552 'todo' list

Need windows 8 driver version :)

6. Imynhateb

Imynhateb KX User

deleted

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  7. wonderman

wonderman New Member

Hi Eugene,

Do you have any idea when the 3552 will be released (I mean, an alpha or beta version, for us to test it :))

I am starting to have some problems with glitches (suddently, i had nothing of it...) in 3551, strangely was after i´ve add a new pci card (for wi-fi), maybe i touched a little in my pci of soundblaster live platinum 5.1, but i don´t know...

8. loopdokter

loopdokter 2 Release Wonder

I would love someone to work with Eugene to update the GUI of kX. A while back there was someone that developed a rather cool skin for it that made everything look metal/rack gear, but it doesn't work with the current versions.

9. felipeunix

felipeunix New Member

sincerely believe that will never be updated.
    developer should not have any interest in it anymore.

10. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

why "should not" ? I can understand if Eugene has lost interest in the drivers, but "should not" suggests external reasons, I'd be interested to know what exactly you mean by that

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Confused One

Well he may not have interest in it anymore considering he has been at it for so many years but, I would hope he passes the torch(code) to somone who is willing to carry on in his absence. Perhaps even make the code open source(that would piss off creative something wonderful and I would love that) if that is a possibility.

12. Steve Wellens

Steve Wellens New Member

:(

13. ViroMan

ViroMan Confused One

I wish we could add
    * Give Source Code Away
    to the list since it seems as though he never has time anymore.

14. peate

peate Active Member

That would be the ideal scenario but Eugene has signed a non-disclosure agreement with Creative Labs and would surely get sued if he did that. :(

15. angelus morti

angelus morti New Member

It would be great to add the possibility to disable 41kHz->48kHz resampling. Like in usual Audigy 2 value driver.
    P.S. If any testing is needed i would be glad to help.
    P.P.S. Actually i think that Creative wants to close the old products series to make newer models sells better. That's why they close official support for such great and cheap models like SB Audigy 2 value. And now they get to Eugene trying to restrict his project.
    Sorry for offtop.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  16. BiCho

BiCho Audiotecna- Representante

Grouping of the plugins within the DSP windows would be awesome, and in this way it might be possible to save those groups too.

The ability to change plugins presets via Program Change, or maybe use any type of MIDI message to control the DSP?

finally, are there any official news on development?

17. yefeng

yefeng New Member

(简体中文)非常感谢尤金,投入了巨多精力开发了很好用的KX音频驱动。而且也很期待KX3552的发布,希望能修复已知的所有问题,调整和优化音频插件。增加对Windows8的支持。更好的工作在Windows7/8 64位系统下。再次真心感谢KX小组 提供了地球上最好的 灵活功能强大的 最稳定的音频驱动!!!
    非常期待KX3552... ...

18. yefeng

yefeng New Member

( Simplified Chinese ) thank Eugene, into the energy development a good use KX audio driver. And is also looking forward to the release of the KX3552, hoping to repair a known issue, adjust and optimize the audio plug. Added support for Windows8. A better job in Window s7/8 64bit system. Once again sincerely thank KX panel provides the best on earth flexible powerful stable audio driver!!!

Very much looking forward to KX3552 ... ...

19. Imynhateb

Imynhateb KX User

happy new year, interesting to be or not to be a new driver this year )

20. manci

manci New Member

Any news on a future 3552 is welcomed, a strait simple YES or NO if we are going to see it is much appreciated. It's been years since an official statement.