KX does NOT Support EAX games!!

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by joat, Feb 21, 2006.

1. joat

joat New Member

KX does NOT Support EAX games,
    Is it worth putting this as a sticky, since everyone (including myself ) seems to ask this question first

Maddogg6

And it seems that EAX support may not happen unless Creative release the code for use in non CL drivers

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

kX does work with EAX games, but it does not support the EAX feature, and that is a well documented fact

3. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

Well, most of the games will still "render" environment effects. They just won't be that noticeable. For example if you drive on open road and then through the tunnel, sound will change according to environment. At least in large majority of games i know.

4. suijkerbuijk

suijkerbuijk New Member

Hoi
    Ï.m new here
    There wil no eax suport ?
    bud eax1 eax2 ar free ? (or not?)
    Onbourd soundcarts can play eax1 end eax2.
    If the kxdrivers can play eax1 end eax2 the people are happy with it.
    Almost al games have eax1 .
    I now that kxdrivers for audio and ac3 for movies .
    But the drivers are bether than creative drivers for live\audigy 1

5. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

KX drivers aren't designed for gamers. They are designed for musicians. This has been a fact since the drivers creation. When reading the release notes and info on the home page it states this fact.

If you want Eax along side your KX drivers, then grab an old sblive card (should cost you next to nothing) and install the creative drivers with your kx ones and send the game to use that.

Why install the drivers if you know they don't and wont support this feature?

6. Airman

Airman New Member

Any way of getting drivers that are for the Soundblaster PCI 512(SB0150 that have the full EAX capability with utility software to enable it under windows xp?This board is pre Windows XP, they released a driver but with no utility software support for their own stuff that worked with 98, aka the software utility that came on driver CD or could download from CL themselves, needs a update or a new version for it to work in XP, No such software exists for this soundcard under windows xp, just the driver. I need the sofware to control the settings that i once was able to in Win 98. I didnt know that KX didnt support EAX, but i honestly think it should. btw can someone Tell me if Unreal Tournament 2004 supports Aureal A2D/3D engines?