Kx driver Gaming 5.1 sound issues

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Sa3atsky, May 8, 2009.

1. Sa3atsky

Sa3atsky New Member

Hi, I love the Kx driver, very badass driver for making my Audigy actually worth recording with.. I have a big problem when it comes to gaming that I hope could be solved.

Im running my pc on stereo (2.0) speakers however in all recent games that I've played (Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge to name a few) they seem to automatically assume I have 5.1 sound and I cant hear anything from the non-existent front, rear-left, rear-right speakers. I can't change anything in the in-game settings and even after changing the sound to stereo in "sounds and audio devices" the problem persists.
    I dont necessarily require any fancy EAX (although it would be a +), just to be able to hear everything coz so far all the games feel very broken with this issue..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Check your speaker settings in KX mixer, see if surround is on.

3. LyyNx

LyyNx New Member

some games do not respect windows speaker settings. i found out that you can connect all the fxbus outputs to cnv51to20 plugin in dsp and connect that to the epilog output of your choice.

i experienced this with gta san andreas before the patches. kinda worked, but no real surround effects... i didn't really care for those though :)

4. Tyrsonswood

I wasn't referring to windows sound setting, but those in KX driver. I don't play games so I don't know what works with what, but your problem sounded like a speaker setting problem or surrounder being ignored.......

5. Sa3atsky

Sa3atsky New Member

yeah, it was surrounder, I found a hard time finding it to be honest. I dont understand why it's in the effects submenu, but I dont get the whole deal around programming kx so yeah.. I set it to 2.0 with a surround mix to mimic some aural videogame stuff, fallout 3's running allright, i can finally hear when i shoot a gun or when someones in front of me, what a game btw...

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

You can get to it from KX mixer too, the main page has a speaker icon with a question mark..... get's you to speaker setup and it's a different one from windows speaker setup. Normally Windows should be set at 5.1 and KX to match your speakers with surrounder on. (this may not work for all games from what I've read so if somethings not quite right check these first)

Glad you got it working though........