KX-powered onstage

Discussion in 'Powered by kX' started by ANGEL:CRY, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ANGEL:CRY

ANGEL:CRY New Member

I've got two Live 5.1 (SB0102) and A2ZS (SB0350) wired back and forth (Live's are used as two ADCs and effect-processors, sending signal to Audigy via spdifs, and as two DACs for more headphones outputs, getting signal from Audigy).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10056231/ANGELCRY/the_Mirror_RMX_2011_RADIOEDIT.mp3

I make my music using Reason, Reason, Reason, once more Reason and (which part is most important!!!) finally Reason =))) The only tools used by me outside of it's glorious rack are: Vegas (for vocals and guitar recording, take selection and rough editing) and KX. Selected vocal and guitar takes are loaded into Reason's NN-XT and the songs are mixed there (this way isn't easy, but it's my way, the sound I've chosen after a lot of mixing in various hosts via various compression plugins). (Yep, I have a Record demo, and soon I'll buy it and stop being THAT pervert).

One can say "So, and what's about KX?" Yep, it's main role is on stage. You can see my photo with a weird microphone — its Oktava MD-41, 1958 soviet Green Bullet clone, nailed to an old TV antenna (the only fully decorative part of this system), painted black and plugged into the SBLive. And — yes, joystick is not only decorative — one button toggles the APS Fuzz, second lowers pitch to -12. Next gig I'll use more functions, possibly axis X will change pitch (with button 2 as pithcshifter bypass on/off) and axis Y will make delay's decay much longer. Or some other joystick mapping will be used — that's why I love KX: it's flexible. And at home rehearsals it is a mixing console with effects.

[​IMG]

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hehe, thats great :D

I like the mic and joytstick, etc, ...and the song. Good stuff :)

3. Doug W

Doug W New Member

Nice work