Kx vs EAX vs A3D on Audigy 2 for counter-strike?

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by kelesh, Jan 9, 2004.

1. wilho

wilho New Member

2. Tov

Tov New Member

If you're using foobar2000 you should apply replaygain to your files. Just right click them in the playlist, there is a option for it.

3. kelesh

kelesh New Member

yeah, i have replaygained all of my files. its awesome.

i also ordered an RME Digi96/8 Pad. its a $300 soundcard. i will be keeping the audigy 2 around for gaming purposes, and to play music on my speakers. I will continue to use the kx drivers, but if i ever reinstall windows XP, i will just use creatives drivers since I will only be playing music from the audigy when I am using my speakers and not my headphones. and foobar 2000 with kernel streaming and creative's drivers produces sounds almost as good as the kx drivers.

4. xan.pl

xan.pl New Member

Taste Eugene Asio output which plays yet better than Kernel Streaming .
    http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/

5. kelesh

kelesh New Member

already tried it, but it wouldn't work with foobar with my current setup. any way to make it work?

6. wingfeather

wingfeather New Member

I'm something of a Winamp fan myself. - I can't get the ASIO SSE (I have an AthlonXP) output plugin to work. When I select this as my output Winamp simply won't play anything. Also, the Shibatch mp3 input won't seem to upsample up higher than 16 bits.... what am I doing wrong? (I currently use the MAD mp3 decoder with WinAMP which does 24 bits, but I like the 64 bits option in the Shibatch one! :) )

7. MechanimaL

MechanimaL New Member

about EAX and Counter-Strike:

it would be very cool, if kx could implement the eax functionality for half-life +mods that was with the sound-blaster 4.1 under win98.

this was the only creative card i ever found eax really working.

because, when there was someone walking or shooting behind you, you could differ the sound from the sounds coming from in front of you.

i never found this feature under xp (where the sb4.1 drivers are crap anyway..) either for my audigy under xp.

this feature would be really great and many ppl would love kx project then and play with those drivers only

8. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

And did You set "s_eax 1" and "s_doppler 1" under config.cfg file?

9. MechanimaL

MechanimaL New Member

you mean with the audigy ?

not sure about s_doppler, 1 is standard isnt it ?

s_eax 1 sure ;)

greetz

mech

ps: kx drivers rox! i really hate my terratec card ,which i bought for recording, but now i rather gonna record with less khz but therefore have a good workin card on my system without a bugged driver :)

/edit: s_doppler what exactly is it for ?

my problem with eax and k-x is not only that it s not that good as it was in the old days (like mentioned above) - but there s no difference between original and kx - driver.

another point beside this is, that im not hearing what comes direct from my back, i mean from the center of my back.

i dont use a 5.1 system or sth. else, just a good headphone (like most gamers ;) )

and the newest kx driver and win xp.

--

now i got it nearly to work :D nearly means, i now have the sounds from my back, but they are very very harsh in the game and thin.

i changed some things in the kx options and turned on the surrounder plugin and put 3dSE on normal.

what do these things have to do with eax in games (especally under my settings, described above) ??

how do i set it perfect for the eax possibilities of kx-drivers ? please tell me. (and maybe we can make it a point in the faq = how to set up eax (for hl&mods) using headphone or surround sound system)

thanks !

greetz.
    mechanimal

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  10. MechanimaL

MechanimaL New Member

i m really nearly satisfied with the eax in my game. but one thing, perhaps some1 can help me with it.

if someone is EXACTLY behind me in the game (i see this on the radar) i dont hear anything. nothing!

if he s a bit more left, or a bit more right and behind me its ok, but exactly behind me i cant hear him :(

as i said, i use headphones. so i need the sound from behind a bit more on the front speakers to perhaps ? i dont know :|