LAN IP conflict

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by aceshigh727, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceshigh727

aceshigh727 New Member

I'm able to wirelessly connect to my wlan , however, when i plug a network cable, vista recongizes a connection to lan but can not resolve an what pops up as an ipconflict.

any tcp/ip suggestions?

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

when you use normal wired lan is your wlan on or off??

3. aceshigh727

aceshigh727 New Member

....at first i left both on...and noticed the problem. Then i disabled the wifi, and had just the LAN running and still had the problem of webpages not loading. Then I restarted the machine, with the wireless off and just the LAN connected and it still didn't work. The lights are flashing on the network port. Then i tried uninstalling the both network adapters and reinstalled. Both are stated to both be working properly.

4. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

is IP address acquired from DHCP server in the LAN connection??

5. aceshigh727

aceshigh727 New Member

....well yes...behind the router, each device connecting to it should have an internal ip address that in the past, by that i'm referring to xp, was automatically generated never manually assigned. But if the device connects wirelessly okay, with an ip address, then the question i have is why is should should the ip address change when i switch from a wlan to lan , if not stay the same...its the same device. And if it was a matter of a conflicting ip address, then why when windows is started, less wireless being on, doesn't the ip address get assigned and picked up?

..u think its just a simple setting...i feel like i'm over analyzing this way too much...and hopefully the answer is simple....

..whats your thoughts?

6. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Ok so the router has DHCP serve built-in and it gives IP address to your computer, since one IP address can only be addressed to one device like your WLAN card or LAN card. But I think one PC can have multiple IP's at the same time so I'm wondering why your LAN card won't get IP from the router...

7. aceshigh727

aceshigh727 New Member

the lan port is direct on the motherboard...not pci..

8. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

And Since the last reply was from 2007 this thread is now closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.