LIVE! IR Drive + Audigy 2 ZS = Audigy 2 ZS platinum??

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Ryeeson, Jul 27, 2004.

1. ravelino

ravelino New Member

Hello, I would like to connect my Live! Drive IR bay (SB0010D) with remote RM900 to my Audigy 2 ZS sound card, I red this post and i am happy to find out that its possible... :rolleyes:

Now my problem is that i'm totally zero at hardware stuff, making cables etc :dead: nor i don't know where it is possible here in my city to make a flat cable to connect the IR device to the audigy 2 ZS ...So i'm here to ask for a big favour...:( i ask if someone in this forum can make this cable for me, obviously i will pay every cost needed for it and shipping to my country, I am from Italy. If someone of you can do this for me..i will be so glad.. If you need detailed pics of the Live Drive IR or the sound card to see connectors and pins...i will try to support you for everything. Please let me know.

Rave

2. ravelino

ravelino New Member

Nobody can help me? :sigh:

Maybe i've found someone who can make the cable but.... there are so many posts here, full of modifications and adjustment... bridges and other things...

Can someone be so gentle to post here... the final scheme i need to make this flat cable? Once and for all............. please. Sorry, i'm hard-headed....

3. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

confirmed in US - creative software does NOT work with KX driver (3538g)
    THE ONLY software distributed by creative that I found works is Viennna.
    Rythmania (from old live card) does not work either (no devise found) as it doesnt recognise the any of the midi drivers. Which sucks cuz I liked playing around with this one. I hate loosing functionality when upgrading. But that has nothing to do with KX :D.

4. micronews

micronews New Member

5. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

read the thread linked in p17 for why and for possible solutions

6. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

WOW what a pile of spagetti. Did you check out your wiring fot the 11th time yet. I have to wonder - thats too easy to make wiring mistakes (Check resistance of each solder joint too) there sould BE NO/very very little differences in the <1 ohm range.

7. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

wiring is not the problem

incompatibilities between the sample rates of the chips on the live drive and the receptors on the audigy 2 are

8. Broedie

Broedie New Member

I have just tried to connect my Audigy Drive to the Audigy2 ZS card I just purchased using the directions in this post. I do not get functionality out of anything. Alls I am looking for is to have the headphone jack work on the front panel. Can anyone provide some help???

9. dj_knightz

dj_knightz New Member

What about regular Audigy with Live! Drive?

I hooked up my Audigy with the Live!Drive IR from my SB live! platinum, because the interface wires seem to be compatible; however, the drive does not function or respond to anything. Is there any way I can enable it's use with RemoteCenter (doesn't detect it) or something else? Or maybe the drive is now broken somehow?:eek:
    Thanks

10. mrvomit

mrvomit Active Member

audigy 1 you mean?
    dunno if "Live drive Ir(5.1 cards)=" + audigy 1 cards are compatible.
    I wonder if.

11. cbjaust

cbjaust New Member

Audigy (SB0090) and Live DriveIR works for me, although the AUX2 input (RCA connectors) is attenuated a bit.

12. Audiophobe

Audiophobe New Member

]I know this is a very old thread and it may be completely dead by now but I'm really hoping someone from the original gang who worked out these fixes is still on this forum and willing to help.

I've been trying to get a decent interface on my PC for years but I'm about as poor as it gets, I've finally got an audigy 2 (SB0350, KX calls it SB0350b) and a drive bay which I think is from an Augigy 1 (SB0010 with D and B boards). I'm not a total beginner, I've made up my own cable according to the instructions below but KX detects livebay2.:confused:

I've tried fiddling with the config a little bit within the bounds of the last instructions on the list and I did get livebay1 out of it once (is it 0 i need or 1?) but I have no test equipment and I only got that result but misreading the instructions, now I'm back to livebay2 again.:mad:

As it is- I've only got signal from aux 2 inputs but it come's through the kx mixer as line2/mic and even with nothing plugged in it's really noisy.

I've obviously gone wrong somewhere but like I say, no test equipment and my drivebay isn't from the original Live! card so I can quite believe the instrtuctions are a little out for my requirements but it is basically putting an Aud Ext into an Ad Ext.

Any and all advice would be ending years of torment for a frustrated musician. I can work with sequencers to get some pretty realistic sounds but guitars just don't sound right and I really need that Line in 2/Mic in 2 socket, nothing else on the sucker really matters to me.
    PLEASE HELP!

13. reapher

reapher New Member

Sorry to bump an old thread but there is a lot of information here and clearly some people who have dealt with this same issue before. I would also really appreciate (monetarily!!) someone who can give 100% full specs or make a 100% working ribbon cable or cable extension for Audigy 2 ZS (SB0350) to the SB0110B daughter board for Audigy Platinum Ex. Has this been figured out with no issues? (noisy inputs, no drive detected?)