looking for a work horse

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by Dark Lord, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

my sisters decided she wants a laptop for school, and i know nothing of laptops.

no thrills, budget minded, durable, and under 800 bucks or so. id personally also prefer something with a wired ethernet port on it, seeing as i have absolutely no wireless networking in the house and am in no mood to go out and buy new hardware for that. (hell, this may be standard on all lappys. like i said, know nothing of them)

start doing a little research on them, and i find i really do hate the damn things. you get crap for the price theyre asking compared to desktops. not to mention everything is pre bundled with budget parts... bunch of centrino bullshit with next to no ram and trying to run vista on every one of them. maybe i can convince her to buy something from early 2000....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

I found one that might be good, link to newegg. But since you are on under 800 USD budget then there are no durable, industrial models that are made to take some beating, laptops in that price range.

3. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

somethng like that isnt bad at all. i dont know why, but i never thought to even look on newegg.

4. DiGiTaL WaRRioR

DiGiTaL WaRRioR New Member

Try the MSI Entertainment series, they are very good, I own one that is best for price - very cheap.