MacOS X 10.6.8 Software update server issue.

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Judas, Nov 3, 2016.

  1. Judas

    Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

    Joined:
    May 13, 2002
    Messages:
    37,966
    Likes Received:
    789
    Trophy Points:
    138
    I've got a strange issue... I've gone over dozens of technical documents and solutions and not one of them actually seems to apply.

    Far as i can tell, this pile of shit was made into a pile of shit by some jackasses at a university that enforced apple updates from their own server rather than allowing access directly to apples own default server... but i can't seem to figure out how the hell they did it.

    Typically it looks like it's just a catalog url change via command terminal to do it.... but having gone through that, it's already set as default and even setting it manually has no effect..

    I've gone through directory access to check it out and see if customer servers were implemented... but they are clean...

    I've gone through the proxy list or redirect tables and they are clean.... i'm at a loss of where the hell or rather why the hell it's insisting on trying to connect to a server that clearly doesn't exist or prevents access to it outside of the university.

    Currently it's trying to connect to

    Code:
    appleupdate.usask.ca
    and nothing i do seems to be able to get around that. The vast majority of apple users don't appear to ever update their mac os let alone many of their applications... i've already recently had to deal with 6 infected macos where a full factory wipe and a clean install had to be installed.[/code]
     
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  2. Judas

    Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

    Joined:
    May 13, 2002
    Messages:
    37,966
    Likes Received:
    789
    Trophy Points:
    138
    I took care of the problem eventually after sifting through numerous parroted posts all linking back to the same thing that didn't solve the problem...

    Eventually i just deleted both user and system com.apple.softwareupdate.plist from the library/preferrences folders... then i deleted the same softwareupdate folder/files within the cache and i think it was ibook folders in the user folder... rebooted... and everything took off just fine so far.
     

Share This Page

visited