Merry Christmas DH - Old School Shout out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Driver 7, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Driver 7

Driver 7 Discombobulated NVidiot

15+ Years ago I knew this guy named Roadee Here. I think about Roadee often and especially at Chrismas. Nice that this Forum is still active and these old archived threads are still very much intact. Even after all the Software and Hardware updates that have happened over the years. Great Job Zardon and everyone who had a hand.

https://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/who-has-best-sig-and-or-avatar.64783/#post-521018

https://www.hardwareheaven.com/comm...test-rig-competition-discussion-thread.41027/

Roadee, hopefully someday I'll see another of your fantastic Avatar's. My favorite was the Stick dude in a wheelchair flipping backwards after smoking a fattie. Cant seem to find one.

Merry Christmas DH

Miss you Roadee, Merry Christmas Bro.

niceguyrichy and IvanV like this.
  2. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Merry Christmas.

Zardon is still doing his thing at Kitguru. Hardware Heaven is still around. Forum still has some users keeping it alive (not me, I post once every few months). Here's to many more years.

3. Driver 7

Miss this place. Was a blast with some occasional heartache. Like fried Video Cars or Arctic Silver on a motherboard. Good times all around though

a2384876.jpg

1081499517800889.jpg

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Yeah I think us old timers still remember Roadee… But that a good few years ago now since he passed on..

And the HH forums are still Kicking but no where near as active as it used to be...

Not the same since Craig5320 and Veridian3 left there roles as admins a couple of years apart from each other..

5. Driver 7

Sup mig, nice to see your still kickin it.

I had no idea Zarden snuck out. I thought he was here for good. Thought this was his baby. Didn’t expect that.

I guess Omega is no longer around either it looks like.

I used to live for omegas modded drivers.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Merry Christmas, everyone. I didn't join as early as you guys, but I remember the era.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Happy holidays...

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

It was digitalwanderer and the Omegadrivers that brought me here back in May, 2002! Lots and lots of history here!

9. Driver 7

I totally remember you from here Dyre. If I remember correctly you had changed your name while I was a News Poster briefly on here. Still being able to remember small details like that show just how much substance this site had. This site was a durring an awesome era for me when I first started overclocking and modding PC's. There were a couple other forums that I would get educated on, like HardOCP, and the tech report. But most of the knowledge I gained came from here. I love this place. The disconnect though came when it became HH and DH and all of a sudden Driver Heaven was no more. That was around the time Zardon and others released the photoshop benchmark which I absolutley loved. Even though it was just a name change, it felt like the vibe completely changed to. And it sadly never came back for me.

Thats my DH/HH Story from yesterday though. Today I totally look back on time spent here as having been something awesome. And it totally was. So even though the vibe left for me, It doesnt matter Because I am happy to have had a love for this place. Like the sayng goes, Better to have loved and lost...

8 ))))

10. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Hey Driver 7, what's good, you may remember me as sun_walka, although I have been called other things on here over the years as well.

Yeah DH/HH has a special place in my heart too and that is why I will never leave till death do us part. I have been on vacation for the last little while and am just seeing this thread now. I am now a news poster (along with MIG) but in the past I was a goldie member twice and a very active member before that. Drivers and how to soft upgrade my Radeon 9500 non pro into a pro lead me here in the past, though I have stayed here since. If you wanna stick around feel free to do so. :D

And yes Roadee for those of us who remember you we miss you. :(

11. FuNsTeR

FuNsTeR Caledonian and Proud

been a while since i've shown my face around here ... been busy doing other things ... nice to see a few old faces from the early days like Dyre and Mig 31/Johnny Bravo

niceguyrichy and MIG-31 like this.
  12. Driver 7

So many familliar names. And yes this site was always very inviting and everyone were just good people to chill with. I discovered Guru3D around the same time as here and the only name I ever recognise there is the owner Hillbert. So that speaks volumes about the quality of people chillin here. So odd to not see a reply from Zardon. I miss that fukker. Never really had many personal conversations with him and for the first while I was coming I was hella intimidated by him. (Not even sure why). But He was always there and always so chill in a no bullshit, tell is the way it is and always spot on responce to everyone. Mad respect for Zardon.

I also love that my avatar is still kickin. lol Made it 15 years ago after being inspired by roadees bad ass avatars. It's a little messed up, Cant see the ATI anymore but still intact otherwise. I think I will update it and maybe stick around for a bit. Maybe the great one will drop by sometime to.

13. MIG-31

I am not all up on the details from the past, But Zardon (Who's name no longer exists on this very forum any more) apart from what I do know he fell out with all the other admins.. (Personally when ever I posted something) he simply took it onto himself to become "God" and try to dictate what every one says etc... I never liked that personally. There were more than that but that is all behind the barriers.

He will never say anything here out of a Mutual Agreement...

14. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

the forum really started to die when Craig and Stu cleared off unfortunately

where are those guys these days?

15. Calliers

I'm in touch with Craig, I don't think he's doing anything online anymore and is just working at a company these days. As for Stu I can't say, although I did used to chat with him rarely on Twitter.

Z ran a tight ship, but usually people who end up successful and in places of power have that kind of personality; yeah I do agree that sometimes he would overstep and it was a bit much. I survived during that period by being quiet and not saying much. But then again, this place is different without Z and all the others. In it's heyday HH/DH was much busier than it is nowadays. Mostly now it's just regulars going and coming.

The true nail in the coffin for almost all forums however was Reddit, really I don't see what people see in that place. Like Trusteft said it's a step backward rather than a step forwards in all honesty. The only thing going for it is that it's everything in one place, but even that is bad, it is not good to centralize anything, especially discussion of various topics.

16. Driver 7

Oh thats easy. I do reddit when I gotta take transit, or if I'm waiting for something or someone somewhere and noting else on my phone that is more of a solid time killer. So not often, maybe 4 times a month. not every day like a true reddit op. But for me it's totally the comments that are so clever actually make me laugh out loud. And it happens all the time. I'll be on the bus or skytrain riding solo and I'll start laughing. Its a fantastic time killer and the genius comments that are posted are very addicting. Love finding them. It's a guaranteed cure from bordem that leaves you with some intellegece rather than a mindless gap.

But I agree that it doesnt seem all that appealing to where I gotta log in every chance I get. I can see why others do though.

Thats interesting. I know Reddit has a huge following but I never thought it was the ultimate hangout that dominated the net so much that people would stop fequenting other sites.

If I could only come up with that winning idea. Was a hell of a lot easier to build a bubble in the 80's than it is now thats for sure. Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda...

17. MIG-31

A tight ship, Far from it mate. More like a dictator towards the end o_O (I got so many PM's saying this that and the other) I killed your post because mine is "Better" even when the link is identical.. There were some hypocrisy at times.

That is why in the end, if I needed to ask a question or so, I would always ask either Craig or Stu.... :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Calliers likes this.
  18. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

I hate Reddit
    I always got on really well with Z myself, it's a shame KG has gone fully social media based

19. Calliers

I respected Z a lot and our encounters were rather pleasant, although I think he liked me for some reason.

I also donated some money to HH/DH in the past which I think put me more in his good books than anything.