Microsoft to open first retail shop to challenge Apple

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 17, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft have always had intense rivalry with Apple right from the operating system wars to releasing competing media players (Zune & Ipod).

They have just announced that they plan on opening their first Microsoft retail store in Scottsdale, Arizona on Windows 7 launch day which is October 22nd.

Microsoft have also made it known that they plan on making sure as many of their stores as possible are close to Apples in the effort to take a chunk out of their sales.

Apple stores have been highly regarded as being a great shopping experience with futuristic and very clean internal designs as well as helpful assistants and technical staff to answer questions and offer support on all things Apple related. Microsoft are sure to offer their own 'version' of the Apple 'Genius Bar'.

If Microsoft inject enough money into the concept it is sure to do well and we can't help but wonder if they will be launching their own range of computers at a later date to help compliment their Xbox, Zune and operating system ranges.

Allan Campbell: Heaven Media

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

It sounds like MS has moved the war to the trenches. This is going to be ugly and fun.

3. MitchRapp

MitchRapp a.k.a. pepiman

haha I love it
    Sure, Microsoft will sell their ZUNE player, Windows 7 copies, Office and showcase server apps and all that

but really, they can sell 99% of all laptops and desktops too ... even Apple computers that come with Windows and an Intel processor :)

(another thing I don't get about the stupid "HI I'm a mac" ads ... Macs now come with Intel Processors, ATI video cards, Windows XP and MS Office ... so euh ... how big of a difference is there between a mac and a PC? just the 1000$?)

4. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

this is going to be fun.....

5. MitchRapp

MitchRapp a.k.a. pepiman

reminds me of this pic
    (site might be NSFW in some places)
    MAC vs PC