Midi and x64

Discussion in 'SoundFonts and MIDI' started by nicksond, Sep 30, 2009.

1. nicksond

nicksond New Member

why don't work midi-part in x64 version drivers 3550? SF loaded, player work, but sound is squeak and crack.

2. zikos

zikos New Member

Re : Midi and x64

Same for me, I have Windows Seven 64 bits et when i load a sounfont, i heard "speach, creek, crack, speeeek" etc...

Someone there a solution ?

I have a sound blaster Audigy with SB0090 10k2 [e880]

Thanks.

3. mr_duke

mr_duke New Member

Îòâåò: Midi and x64

The same symptoms: Audigi2 (SB0244), Win7 x64, kx 3550

4. Kero

Kero New Member

Same here with an Audigy 2ZS (SB0350), kX 3550, Windows 7 x64. I can barely notice some instruments behind the "crack screessh queack crrrrrck beeeep".

5. Steve Wellens

Steve Wellens New Member

I have Windows 7, SB Live! and have installed the 3550 KX Drivers.

When I select the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth, MIDI plays back but when I press a piano keyboard note the sound is delayed by 1/2 second. This makes some sense since it's a software synth and not designed for live performance.

So I tried loading softfonts: 2GMGSMT.SF2 and 4GMGSMT.SF2 into the driver. I then selected the KX Synth SB0102 as the MIDI output.

The keyboard response is instantaneous but I get a machine gun like sound out of the speakers. I tried some different instruments and a few were recognizable...barely.

So, we know the softfonts are not being handled correctly.

6. John141

John141 New Member

It looks like SoundFonts just don't work in Win 7 x64 with kx3550.

I installed Vienna 2.4 and it did not recognise any SoundFont-compatible device, despite doing the usual PATH trick to ensure that SFMAN32.DLL is visible to the system.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a future version.

7. Steve Wellens

Steve Wellens New Member

Hopefully. This link shows 3550 as a BETA release: kX Project -- Changelog

8. Galiego

Galiego New Member

Tovarischi,
    are here any news about the subject?

I have the same problem...

9. Michigunskiy

Michigunskiy New Member

Îòâåò: Midi and x64

I have a similar problem too in kX 3550 or 3551 alpha.. A horrible creaking sound with any sf2 loaded.
    Windows 7 x64, Audigy 1 (SB0162 10k2)

10. X172

X172 Audio Hobbyist

Man, no one has found a solution to this? I have the same issue best described as a machine gun sound. I get it no matter what instrument is used, no matter what SoundFont.

Because the kX SoundFont synth didn't work at all on my other computer (w/ Audigy Live! 24-bit), I found an amazing program called VirtualMidiSynth (Google it)

This program works fine on my other computer with Vista 32-bit. Unfortunately, it won't tell you what bank a SoundFont is loaded into, even though it supports loading multiple. The other unfortunate aspect of it is that on my main computer with Windows 7 64-bit. I get a ~10 second delay between when I click "play" on my MIDI editing program, and when it plays (although note response is instant).

So, maybe for those of you with no solution yet, this program could work for you, but I worry that the horrible delay problem is directly related to Windows 7 64-bit, and that the machine gun sound with kX's synth is too.

My Audigy 2 ZS refused to work when I recently attempted re-installing the drivers, and finally trying the kX drivers and them working has had me so excited. I mainly use my computer for creating music, and SoundFont capability is a necessity.