Moddified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out! Download is now available

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, May 29, 2005.

1. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

Modified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out! Download is now available

Today is not June 1st but Modified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out!:p

Intro
    This package is to install Creative Audigy4 Pro applications on SB Live!/Audigy/Audigy2/Audigy2 ZS series series sound card.

Installation instruction
    *. Extra step: Install YouP PAX A4 1.00 drivers before do step NO.1 if you wanna turn your Audigy2/Audigy2 ZS series card to an Audigy 4 Pro
    1. uninstall all Creative stuffs including registry entities, Creative applications, and sound card drivers. Then reboot.
    2. download and install the software that is able to recompress the ISO which is compressed by 7-zip 4.19 beta. For instance, 7-zip 4.19 WinRAR, etc. And extract the iso to your harddisk.
    3. Run the ISO with DAEMON Tool or the software that execute ISO as virtual CD-ROM.
    4. wait for Creative pop up. Open the virtual CD-ROM and run \CTRun\Start.exe if there is no Creative pop up.
    5. follow the tips given upon Creative installation to do installing. (You can choose not to install Creative drivers which is bundled in the customed installation) Continue any way whenever it says applications are not able to be installed, then reboot.
    6. Check whether all applications are installed. If some of them are not run, do a repair.
    7. If you have an Audigy/Audigy2/Audigy2 ZS series sound card, download and extract A4_Patch.rar (or http://www.cnbeta.com/club/job.php?action=download&pid=tpc&tid=1858&aid=1045 or http://www.noseturn.ch/A4-Patch.rar) to 2 files, SpkSet.exe and SurMixer.exe. Then copy SpkSet.exe to "X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Speaker Settings\" and overwrite the same file. Copy SurMixer.exe to "X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer" and overwrite the same file.

Download (thank RCOrdorica):
    http://ordorica.org/index.php?id=63
    or
    ftp://yaoyao-ftp.meibu.com/ (thanks to yaoxinglin)
    or
    http://www.cnbeta.com/club/job.php?action=download&pid=tpc&tid=1919&aid=1085 (BT.thanks to lindf)
    or
    ed2k://|file|Audigy4Pro-YpoauxP.rar|253566651|CE9EB6C62FEA125FE30686DE8ABE 4252|h=TNPVXMR7BK4XDXKBCGW3F4MAD27ASHY3|/ (emule. thanks to Gonzo28)
    or
    New Audigy 4 pro Software and driver minors are up now! (thanks to Robert McClelland)
    or
    http://www.cniti.com/soft/mc/2005-14/Audigy4Pro.rar

Sound cards that have remote control devices
    Audigy Platinum/Audigy2 Platinum/Audigy2 ZS Platinum/Audigy2 Platinum EX/Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro users need to install Creative Audigy 4 Pro update version 3.00.55 (20.94 MB) :
    -This update for Creative Audigy® 4 Pro, provides more functionality for your Remote Control, and fixes operational issues in the Entertainment Center software.
    -non-Audigy Platinum/Audigy2 Platinum/Audigy2 ZS Platinum/Audigy2 Platinum EX/Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro users do not need this update

News for the latest YouP PAX drivers:
    -There will be two edits of the set of drivers released and Audio devices are able to be detected as the pic I posted.
    -Released. Find HERE.

Note
    We are strongly recommended you to install the latest YouP PAX drivers with this Modified Audigy 4 Pro ISO.
    -Solution for shut down hang issue

Edit:
    There is a bug for Audigy/Audigy2/Audigy2 ZS (not SBLive!): after you run THX console once, Speak Setting and Mixer cannot be used. You can fix it with A4_Patch.rar (or http://www.cnbeta.com/club/job.php?action=download&pid=tpc&tid=1858&aid=1045):
    1. download and extract A4_Patch.rar (or http://www.cnbeta.com/club/job.php?action=download&pid=tpc&tid=1858&aid=1045 or http://www.noseturn.ch/A4-Patch.rar , thank to hacker3000) to 2 files, SpkSet.exe and SurMixer.exe.
    2. Then copy SpkSet.exe to "X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Speaker Settings\" and overwrite the same file. Copy SurMixer.exe to "X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer" and overwrite the same file.

Guide:
    Well, here is the guide that helps you modding A2 to A4. Thanks to Sovietdoc

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=78049

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  2. Nforce2XP

Nforce2XP New Member

Mi calzoncillo perdido!

hum sorry downloading now.

3. RCOrdorica

RCOrdorica Windows Hacker

wow, what a thing to lose! I didn't know PAX drivers made people that excited.

4. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

lol THANK YOU!!! say thx to youP and other modders who worked on this for me will ya?

thanks

you should contact dj_stick and ask him to make this thread a sticky

EDIT: Speaker Settings and Mixer doesntnt work properly ..

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  5. Nforce2XP

Nforce2XP New Member

Hey i have some problem with the file, i decompresed the file with 7-zip beta 4.19 nad tried to intall the programs aswell.
    but when i choosed the custom installation and install the programs but drivers started to get some annoyings problems with setup asking me to browse to the file to continuing installing the software.
    don`t know why i have browsed tru the folder installation and din`t see nothing strange with it.
    but i couldn`t look for the missing files cuz its seem that the setup try to ask for every file form the installation folder its weird ok thanx
    downloading again .
    THANX Leon

6. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

allright

the setup will ask two files

kmixer is in C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32

another file that will start with K should be in C:/WINDOWS/SERVICEPACKFILES/i3**/

7. redsolar

redsolar Off duty

You should really think about setting up a torrent for this download. I would hate to see your bandwidth go down big time, and I would be willing to keep a near-permanent seed.

8. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

this ISO file still has problems with the software

EAX, THX , WAVE studio and everything else works fine besides mixer and speaker settings.. i hope they get it fixed soon!

9. RCOrdorica

i think the problems some of you have is because you are installing it by extracting the iso into a folder instead of mounting it like a real cd-rom or burning it.

I also noticed that it tends to slow if you have any other cd-roms in there while installing. For some reason it depends on the cd-rom a lot.

All of the feature work well for me, no problems. I installed them with with the default drivers they came with. But I also got more functionality with the beta audigy 4 drivers that YouP will soon be releasing. Just wait a while.

10. RCOrdorica

yup, a lot of bandwidth is being used. but my site is still going. Server two.

[​IMG]

11. Nforce2XP

Nforce2XP New Member

Hum that means that i`m going to have to burn it to a dvd -r .ok
    i going to give it a shoot. thanx ordica. your bandwith speed its awesome:evil:

12. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

bandwidth exceeded god damn it

13. Nforce2XP

Nforce2XP New Member

Ok i did Ordicas` subjection and it worked like charm, btw the Eax console hang on me as ussual but anyway. this audigy 4 aplication works well on my setup.
    i would like to have eax4 hd with my sb live 5.1 but that s ask for too much
    thanx a lot again.

14. RCOrdorica

yeah, bandwidth exceeded for the main site.. but there is server two. The main site will be back up at midnight PST.

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  15. RCOrdorica

oh, yeah, and just to prove that it works.. here is my install using the default drivers from the iso. I mounted the iso using daemon tools and then installed it. No errors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  16. rico01

rico01 Audio Junkie

No, it is not working flawlessly with mounting the ISO with d-tools. Just like swat my mixer and speaker settings refuse to start. I'll play with it some more after work.

17. RCOrdorica

hmm. i recommend doing a repair install then, maybe second time is the charm. and btw, for some reason I couldn't manually install the utilities. The creative program has to install it.

18. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

Just d/led these, burned them with nero and installed them. First off, Speaker Settings and Surround Mixer didn't work after the first reboot. I removed them, and installed those two again. Now it works, but everytime I close Speaker Settings, I get an error in nt.dll Another weird thing I've noticed, where the heck is the speaker calibrator? I need to calibrate my system for the optimal DVD-A playback and in Speaker Settings, it's just not there....Does anyone have it? Are we supposed to have it there or the Audigy 4 is "so advanced" that it doesnt need it?

19. rico01

rico01 Audio Junkie

That's what I was thinking too but I didn't have time to try it as I was already late for work this morning. Will try when I get home. I'm hoping it works as it did for sovietdoc. Will get back to this thread and monitor it during the day and then post my findings this evening. Maybe it is a driver issue which will be recified with the new drivers which will be out on the 1st.

Anyhow, cheers for everyone involved.

20. RCOrdorica

i think i seen the speaker calibrator in the THX settings.