Moddified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out! Download is now available

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, May 29, 2005.

1. mbuna

mbuna New Member

hi

tring to get this to work with a audigy 2 zs oem version.

but when i try to install the drivers everything seem to go ok until about half way through then it tells me that the instalation can not find the hardware on my system.

then stops but when i go into device manager the creative audigy processor (wdm) is there and the game port is there and when i try to install the software i get error -6003.

any help would be great as i have been tring to get this working for some time know the strange thing is even when i try to use the drivers from creative they dont detect the sound card and stop the instillation with your drivers i atleast get sound which great i just cant get the speakers calibrated and use the card the way its meant to.

os xp pro sp2
    tried the kx drivers also they worked but i get some high pitched crakle when watching wintv 2000 not all the time though just now and again right pain :mad:

2. WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle New Member

i don't know if you have read the whole thread, but have a try :
    1. delete everything which is involved with the soundcard (driver etc.)
    2. clean your registry with this tool: http://www.drivercleaner.net/
    3. then install 1.02 driver
    4. reboot.
    5. mount or burn the iso and install the software
    6. reboot
    7. if there was a "error" during the installation, make a "repair" with the software.
    8. everything should be fine.

about speaker calibrating, have a look at the page before. i don't use it thus i don't know to fix that.

3. mbuna

mbuna New Member

tanks for the quick responce white eagle this is what i have done
    1. done
    2. done
    3. done but when it gets near the end and it ask you to close all other applications click ok to continue it then tells me that it did not find the product on my system then i get a disclaimer from creative saying that they are in no way liable click ok and then it will finish istall done.
    4. done
    5. having a little difficulty with this i have downloaded the iso i have winrar use that to extract the file ok not sure how to get daemon tool to load the file when i search for the file it doesnt show unless i search all files. just opened the file and clicked to setup.exe and it ran ok.
    6. done
    7. tried to do a repair but keep getting error code - 6003 when i try to use eny of the setup.exe for any of the software speacker calibration, mixer etc.
    8. everthing not fine :confused:
    card sound better than i have ever managed to get it working so far so i will give it another go.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You might have do freash formated? How old is the sound card is under warreted still? If it is you might have RMA it. or just buy another cheap 50 buck sound card.

5. mbuna

mbuna New Member

the sound card is only about four month old bought it on ebay 39 pound delivered. after loads of emails and phone calls and no replie from the guy who sold me the card he gets back to me and says since i had left it to long he would not give me my money back. his name is the_shigs by the way avoid him.

been through the creative help and they took the chip numbers etc and said that they did not support it because it was an oem so after the hassle i have had with this card i will defo not be going back to creative for another can you recomend any other sound cards.

its a pitty it sounds great playing music and in games no problem just when watching the tv it screams every now an then.

6. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Well if 4 months old maybe you should send in to Creative web site get RMA it. tell them there high pitch noise on sound card ects.

7. mbuna

mbuna New Member

not sure this will help as they have already said that they do not support the card because it is a oem . what do mean by RMA newbie .

8. WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle New Member

to 3. are you sure that you've got an audigy 2 zs and not a value or any other card? might you make a photo of it and/or post the type (nr.)
    to 5. i unrared it too. if you didn't get any errors it should be fine extracted. you have to point to "ctrun.dbd" when it asks.
    to 7. strange that you get errors...

i think you should find out what card you have there, because it's really strange that the original driver doesn't work...

have a look @ 3. after the first quotation

9. WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle New Member

10. Centinela

Centinela New Member

I have same problem, I have the file but where need copy ?

Thanks in advance.

11. mbuna

mbuna New Member

creative sb audigy 2 zs oem SB0350 and dowloaded the drivers they work fine know apart from the screaming on wintv2000 music plays ok just the tv. i am considering formating and starting afresh yet again the last time then the card gets it.

12. Judas Kowalsky

Judas Kowalsky New Member

hi, its my first time here, and i wish i would have stayd that way, but unfortunately not.
    the drivers are great, thanks for the creators. but i still have a problem concerning Remote Control. my card is Audigy 2 Platinum eX, wich came with RM-1500 remote. ok, i did basicly everything like they said. i didnt format the OS, but all the drivercleanings etc, and installed the audigy4 drivers correctly. still: before installing the latest patch from Creative, remote kind of works. the middle section of buttons to go up/down/left/right and select are working, but rest of buttons simply perform like one action, they just either start the mediacenter or close it... (it doesnt show a installed remote in MediaSource Player settings either). so i installed the patch from Creative, to get the remote support, but after that my remote stops working completely, and again MediaSource shows no signal of my remote exsisting... so can anyone help? should i try everything again, clean and install and hope?

13. yeekuan

yeekuan New Member

14. Judas Kowalsky

can you give me a direct link, cos i cant understand that chibbersh there, i have weird symbols all over my screen... and i have no idea what to click or what to download...

15. Judas Kowalsky

ok, reinstalled everything, again. remote works, but only in Entertainment Center.
    ok, volume and mute work aswell. but i cant control MediaSource Player nor the other windows applications. it should do it right? (Audigy 2 Platinum eX, with RM-1500 remote)
    now, is there some application to upgrade or install to get the remote back on track...? can anyone suggest anything?

16. ursamtl

ursamtl Montrealer

Hi,

Forgive me if this question has already come up. I've tried to find an answer by reading and searching the forum but without success.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. Aside from general soundcard use and music playback using Foobar2K, I use it mostly for multichannel mixing and playback through ASIO outputs and some 2 channel recording. I also nejoy occasional DVD-Audio playback. The current Creative drivers work fine for me. I've seen statements in this thread implying that these drivers will turn my Audigy 2 into an Audigy 4. The only difference between an A2 and A4 I find on the Creative web site is A4's 113db SNR as opposed to A2's 108db SNR. I've always assumed this was a hardware related spec so if I'm right, this driver will not improve my SNR. Am I right?

In general functional terms, what will your modded driver give me that the official Creative drivers won't? I've seen statements about improved sound quality. Is the difference really that apparent? Does DVD-Audio playback still work? Multichannel ASIO playback at 24/96?

In other words, are these drivers worth uninstalling my Creative drivers and apps?

Thanks for your help.

17. P-Dude

P-Dude New Member

This happens to me too... I'm using a soundblaster Audigy DE (not LS). Tried removing drivers using drivercleaner, reinstalled windows, etc and still "no supported devices..." and -6003.
    also tried it on differen't computers with WinXP Pro, Home, & MCE, but all the same.
    The Setup doesn't work, but I have "Creative Audigy Audio" in the control panel, or a "Audio X YouP-PAX A4 v1.00 Audio WDM" by installing it manually. I don't think this is caused by hardware limitations because once I somehow managed to get an unpacked / already installed A4 software package and they all work. The old Audigy -> Audigy 2ZS YouP also works, so I'm hoping that the ISO / Patch can be hacked to support more cards.

18. carnival

carnival New Member

Midi in problem

Hi. I was using Youp-Pax 2005 New Year (with driver v.4.00) with my audigy 2zs and i had no problems. I´ve tried to install Youp-Pax Audigy 4 drivers, following all the right steps (including driver cleaner, etc) and i lost my midi in. I´ve made a clean install of Windows Xp (with SP2) and i still don't have midi in. Does anyone have the solution? Thanks

19. AlvaroDickinson

AlvaroDickinson New Member

AUDIGY 2 LS (value) too?

Hellow guys. Excuse-me my errors, but i'm brazilian and my english is a little bit. So-so. :duh:
    I have a Audigy 2 LS (value) and i like know if i can use this youp PAX? If not, what can i use for my audigy 2 LS? What is the link? In EAX Console - Equalize - Effects....want the effect "normalize". It don't has in my A2LS. This driver here...has EAX 4??? What size from files in Megabytes? ;)

Thanks. May the force be with you!

20. nico007

nico007 New Member

does this ISO works with Audigy 2 ZS Notebook?