Moddified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out! Download is now available

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, May 29, 2005.

1. ursamtl

ursamtl Montrealer

And I'm still waiting to hear what these drivers will do for my A2ZS Platinum that that the CL drivers won't.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Yes Audio 4 drivers are best way to go :) so far I loving it.

3. Robert McClelland

It might you never know if you try you should used driver cleaner in safe mode first. then do all steps But don't used drivers from main setup console at all only that came with youp. welcome to dh

4. Robert McClelland

er
    It should try it and find out:taste: welcome to dh

5. Robert McClelland

Did you installed music 1? with 4.01-2 drivers? Then installed custom then uncheck the Audio console then uncheck windows drivers. I think thats step you forget to do. welcome to dh.

6. schwret

schwret New Member

Is this driver for windows xp 64???????

Please help

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  7. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

Hello all,

I recently downloaded these drivers including the iso and so far it's working for me. I'm using it on a PC with an old live card running winxp sp2. Installing it didn't take too long and it went with out a hitch.

I still have KX drivers on another computer which both machines are connected via digital cables and midi cables and that also works well.

Thanks for the effort in all this.

8. Robert McClelland

Can't you try kx :)? I don't think there is a 64 driver yet.

9. gkl

gkl New Member

Hello people, my first post here.
    So, I'll soon get an AUdigy 2ZS sound card, but since I can't seem to get the whole Audigy 4 software package (most of the mirrors are down, some are extremeley slow and unfortunately link to BT is pretty much dead too), is it ok to just install the modded drivers?
    Sure I will install the software package eventually when I get it, but I don't want to screw around with the original Creative drivers when I get the card.

Keep up the good work :)

EDIT
    Nevermind hehe

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  10. gkl

gkl New Member

I apologize for the double post, but i have a problem. IMO a quite serious one.
    So, I installed the Youp pax driver, after that tried to install this software. While installing, it crashed (winxp restarted itself), tried again - the same. Since it was crashing when the dvd audio player was trying to install, in the custom installation list I removed it. OK, now installation went fine, Windows is restarting, I see programs (antivirus, firewall) have loaded, looks like Creative's stuff will now load but BAM - a nice BSOD. Restarted again - the same. I had to do a system restore while in Safe Mode. :(
    Any ideas what was I doing wrong?

EDIT
    Hmm, I didn't install DAV Audio player and removed chkcolor.exe from startup, looks like I've gotten rid of the crashes. I certanly(sp?) hope so.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  11. Robert McClelland

How old is your hard drive?
    Mihgt have buy new one. I think you need to formated then installed SP2 then do all steps that you read. Then download autopatcher xp from neowin that has all windows ipdates int it. welcome to dh.

12. Zero07

Zero07 New Member

It doesn't have Remote Control Setting, so I cant use my a2zs remote, help me, pls, Creative Audigy 4 pro update version 3.00.55 doesnt work... setup did not detect the required component
    And... someone can choose Logitech Z5500 from the list of Speaker, how can I do that.
    Thx.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  13. hithere

hithere New Member

Hi there! I just wanted to stop by and thank Leon and everyone else who has supported enabling this functionality (I like Creative hardware in general, I just don't like some of thier tactics in regards to leaving features disabled on processors that most obviously are capable of supporting them...and selling the software features under the guise of "new" hardware).

All that aside, I got the 1.02 drivers and the Audigy 4 apps up and running on my Audigy 1. It's like having a brand new card...I especially enjoy the ability to time correct for speaker placement (did this previously in my car, my living room...and now my office pc!)

BTW, there was a gentleman in one of these threads asking about "bass redirection", a feature that was labeled thus in the original audigy 1 speaker settings dialogue. I believe the new term for this feature is "bass management". If you are like me, and running the analogue outputs of your card to a 4-speaker setup or a 5.1 setup that does its own crossover of bass frequencies (meaning it has no separate "subwoofer" input), then you want to disable this feature in the audigy 4 speaker settings.

For those of you who want a "ghetto" 5.1 setup, you can get by with a 4/4.1 speaker setup, and add a pair of cheap amplified computer speakers to act as a center channel. Hook the pair up to the "center/sub" output of your card using a mono speaker plug, available at most stores that deal with electronics (an alternative is to use the existing stereo plug, but you will only get output over one of the two speakers), then plug your 4/4.1 setup in like you normally would (green jack to green port, black jack to black port) and disable bass management. You will have to do some tweaking to balance the center channel with the rest of the speakers (you will want to pull the bass down some on the center channel, and lower the output to center via the speaker settings software). Violla! El Cheapo 5.1!

14. U.N.inspector

U.N.inspector New Member

Hi Everyone....
    As you can see from my post# , I'm a newbie. Can someone tell me
    if this Audigy 4 Pro Mod will work with the Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA?

[​IMG]
    XPS2 : 2.0 Pentium M, 1.25GB DDR2
    17" W U X G A TrueLife® WidescreeN
    256MB Nvidia Geforce 6800 U l t r a
    60GB 7200 RPM HD, DVD-+RW Optical Drive
    Intel® ProWireless 2915 (802.11b/g)
    Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth

15. Judas Kowalsky

Judas Kowalsky New Member

hey, can anyone give a direct link to modified drivers, i have the ISO and patches etc. but the drivers are still missing. thanks

16. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

Thanks to you guys for supporting the drivers and applications. I tested a new set of drivers that made my system creashed to mute with sound card. So I reformated my PC.

If Creative Audigy 4 pro update doesn't work (for example, Creative Audigy 4 pro update version 3.00.55), you can extract "version 3.00.55" with WinRAR, then open "Bin.cab" with WinRAR and click \Appl1\XtraAppl\Appl1\setup.exe. Installation will be successfull. :)

No need to mod Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA, all fucntions of the apps you have but I think Creative will released Audigy 4 PCMCIA which can be hacked for Audigy2 ZS PCMCIA

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  17. Anarchy333

Anarchy333 New Member

Great Forum! Thank you Leo.

I come with 2 complaints/problems:

1) "Enable Beatmatching" under "Smart Crossfade" in MediaSource is missing in the Audigy 4 Pro ISO version and the August 22, 2005 MediaSource 3.30.21. I REALLY want this feature and I've spent hours online looking for info but I can't find it anywhere. I'm hoping that someone here will know how to enable Beatmatching.

2) On the bar at the top of the screen installation Setup (same bar contains minimize, restore, and close buttons) for YouP-PAX-A4v1.02.exe it says "YouP-PAX A4 v1.00 Drivers"
    Is it supposed to say v1.00? Shouldnt it be v1.02?

*edit* I am using Audigy 2 ZS Pro Softmodded to Audigy 4 Pro with YouP-PAX drivers mentioned in problem 2 above.
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  18. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 New Member

Hi, first post on this forum :).

I used the YouP PAX modified drivers with the ISO , but there appear new drivers for Audigy 4/2 series(5.12.06.1161), so I've instaled them. They work fine, but they change back my soundcard to SB Audigy 2 ZS and now I can't use SB Audigy 4 tools. Does anyone know how to force these new drivers that they install as SB Audity 4 ??? :hmm:

**edit**

MediaSource doesn't work with these drivers.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  19. BlakeBox

BlakeBox New Member

My Media Source 3.30.21 not works correctly with this drivers (5.12.06.1161).Process load but program not works...

20. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 New Member

MediaSource doesn't work with these drivers. I forgot to mention about this because I don't use MediaSource. Sorry :oops:.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005