Moddified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out! Download is now available

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, May 29, 2005.

1. RedTop

RedTop New Member

Complete pack

The pack containing:

AUDIGY 4 ISO
    YOUP AUDIGY 4 v.1.02 Driver
    AUDIGY 4 PATCH

is located here

2. bandit

bandit New Member

Xfi drivers on a2 and 4...

I haven't tried these yet, so don't know if this is true.
    from http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Drivers 2.07.0003 Written by Daishi Saturday, 27 August 2005 This full driver includes updates and fixes for SoundBlaster X-Fi™ on Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) OS.

Fixes:
    Resolves audio issues and improves audio playback.

Requirements:

* Windows XP SP2
    * Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio device

The funny thing is ... it also works on Audigy 2 and Audigy 4 soundcards with new openal drivers.
    -------------------------------------------
    and from www.guru3d.com
    -------------------------------------------------------------

For those who may have misplaced the Sound Blaster X-Fi Installation CD.

This full driver includes updates and fixes for Sound Blaster X-Fi

The fun thing is ... it also works on Audigy 2 and audigy 4 soundcards with new openal drivers, note that u have to extract the BXF_PCDRV_LB_2_07_0003.exe and run the setup.exe in the \drivers folder)<- on Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) operating systems.

3. vull

vull New Member

hai

i'm having some problems withmy audiocard: Creative Model Number - SB0220
    It's supposed to be SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital OEM, but apparently, there are no suitable drivers for it :(
    UnrealTournament has choppy sound with the drivers that came with the CD(but surround sound is good), windows drivers doesn't support my Logitech x530 speakers(but UT is fine) and kX drivers supports 5.1 sound(but UT is not so fine as with the Windows drivers).

here's my specs:
    Windows XP Pro, NOD32, Firefox, Service Pack 2 ....
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ under CopperSilent2TC+ArcticSilver5
    ASUS A7N8X-X --------> (5.10 nVidia drivers, including all the IDE,BUS and other drivers)
    768MB pc3200, [email protected]
    SAPPHIRE Ati Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB, 256bit (5.8 catalyst drivers)
    Creative Soundblaster Digital 5.1 Live!
    Seagate Barracuda 120GB 8M, ATA 7200.7, 8.5ms
    350W ATX PSU
    Lite-on CD-RW, 52-24x
    Razer eXactMat + Logitech MX518 (logitech with setpoint implementation)
    Logitech X-530, 5.1, 70W

i tried the Audigy 4 Pro pack, but it did not work for me :(
    i uninstalled previous drivers from controlpanel. Then rebooted in safe mode and removed the registy entries with the driversheaven cleaner pro. Then rebooted back to windows, cancelled the new hardware installation and installed the A4 pack v2.2. Then rebooted back to windows and tried to install the Pro Pack, but it gave me the "not supported" error.

What should i do? Maybe the NewYear Pack works?
    I just need to get my sound ok :S
    or is the version SB0220 the Dell one and i need to download the update from Creative's site?
    I'll appreciate any kind of help =)

4. tEiS

tEiS New Member

hey there.
    is there anything new yet?
    i've just been on creative's site and they've released a new audioconsole,
    release dating to today (30th of august, 2005) .. should i install it or wait
    until classic leon has implemented it into his modded drivers ?

5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson New Member

Hi, maybe it's my first post on this forum... first of all my congratulations for all the work made for getting this softmod working... it sounds great on my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Second... I want to contribute a little with those who can't get the files...

http://hosted.filefront.com/MrAndersoncl/1385994

Here are all of them, and here is a contribution, the guide made by Clasic Leon in Spanish

http://www.overclockers.cl/foros/index.php?showtopic=133061&st=0

And last... a minor bug, I can't get the speakers get muted when I hook the phones at Live Drive II, instead the phones gets muted

Greetins and congratilations again

MrAnderson from Chile

6. klevo

klevo 2 l33t

7. kyairan

kyairan New Member

First of all thanks for the all the work the regulars have put in here, it's been very helpful when I was installing the A2 - A4 softmod drivers. I have unfortuneately a couple of problems, and wondered if anyone else was getting them.

1) WinXP now takes over a minute longer to shutdown, i've removed everything apart from the dllml.exe driver emulation entry in Run, some have said it has a hidden error message, does anyone have any more info? Could this be the cause?

UPDATE: sovietdoc/classicleon nailed it before... i'll just stop that loading too.

2) I've now been getting lots of crashing in BF2, where I wasn't before with the A2 ZS soft-mod. Are there any softmods for the A2 Plat to run as a A2 ZS Plat with the new drivers? and possibly the A4 software? Would dllml.exe cause this? Has anyone else found the A4 softmod started crashing BF2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I will post more info if needed.

Kyairan.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  8. vull

vull New Member

creative support solved my problem:

1. Go to Control Panel -> System -> tab Hardware -> Device Manager
    2. Expand Computer
    3. Open "ACPI Uniprocessor PC"
    4. tab Driver -> Update Driver
    5. "Install from a list or specific location"
    6. "Don't search I will choose the driver to install"
    7. Select "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC"
    8. And keep clicking next until it's installed

9. kyairan

kyairan New Member

I'll give that a go, thanks.

10. MrAnderson

MrAnderson New Member

Your right Klevo, that free file server has a time delay, you have to wait some time for the file to be available... what a disgusting thing

Thanks for the new link it's really helpfull

Greetings

PD. Anyone had the same problem on muting the phones on the Live Drive??

11. BLINDMENCANSEEG

BLINDMENCANSEEG New Member

The Sound Is Great!!!

Thanks guys for a great post...everything worked fine and the clarity is just a bit richer than my Audigy 2ZS. Once again thanks!!!!:dead:

12. Luke_chiptuning

Luke_chiptuning New Member

AGAIN AND AGAIN....

I have SB Live! 5.1 digital (SB0220) and this install says it does not view any SB hardware :sigh: i used ctcomp.exe for patch installation, but without effect :sigh:

13. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 New Member

I belive that your sound card isn't suppored by YoupPAX A4 1.02 drivers.

14. Luke_chiptuning

Luke_chiptuning New Member

But I used YouP-PAX 2.11 (i think) where is support for Live! 0220, 0220 drivers (OEM Dell), etc...

In ISO thread at start is wrote:

15. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Try the XFI mod so far I love it. nice and loud and much faster in games and works very in nfsug2 game great. welcome to all newbies

16. kyairan

kyairan New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave it a go and uninstalled all the previous Creative stuff and then ran driver cleaner. After that I extracted the new beta XIFI drivers to desktop and ran ctzap.exe to install the new drivers. Everything went fine... but alas I get the same problem... about 20-30mins into a game total system freeze up with distorted high pitch noises coming out of the speakers. (I get a similar problem in Far Cry but this was with the NewYear PAX driver package.) All I have installed with the XIFI drivers is the audio console.

It might be worth me trying the openal wrapper trick, see if that helps. I just wish I hadn't uinstalled the Audigy 2 ZS softmod now :D

The device manager ACPI trick reverted the driver back after a restart, so I guess I did have the right driver installed before.

I'll keep battling with it, and post any progress...

Thanks all.

17. cganesh75

cganesh75 New Member

A2 ZS softmod help

Hi I did the softmod from a2 zs to a4. everything is fine. the audio console says i have audigy 4. I have the spdif-in connected on the aud-ex. i have pins 25-35 connected and spdif from mother board is connected to pins 5-6 on aud_ext. I am able to select the "spdif dolbydigital decode" in spdif I/0 section in audio console. But in the creative mixer i am unable to "unmute" spdif-in. I dont know why.

appreciate if somebody can help

18. emilyg

emilyg New Member

Left & Right speakers only!

Hi folks,

I stumbled apon this after trying to find an ISO image of the Audigy 2 Install CD (which I lost) and thought I'd give it a try.

I have the Audigy 2 Platinum (not 2ZS) which I have cleanly followed the instructions to getting the Audigy 4 drivers installed. So far everything has installed fine (YouPax included) but I am finding that only the front two speakers work.

I have a Logitech Z5500 speakers, I expected that if I connect the optical out on the Platinum LIVE drive(or whatever) it would be able to use the 5.1 setting... using the speaker calibrator I was unable to hear anything from other speakers apart from the front-left and front-right.

What could be wrong?

Just to clarify:

- Creative Audigy 2 Platinum (with drive)
    - Logitech Z5500 Speakers connected via optical + three cords(Orange, Green, Black)

=> Only front left and right work.

Thanks.

19. alex_mit

alex_mit New Member

Hi.
    I installed everything as described in the beginning of this post and everything works excellent except the Speaker Calibrator.When I push the CALIBRATE button Windows shows..blue screen.I reinstalled the calibrator but the same result.Any ideas what to do?
    And the other thing-does anybody know how to start other programs with the remote control as in Audigy2?
    Thanks,guys!

20. kyairan

kyairan New Member

A4 Apps Installation

A quick question for those that might know... I've installed the newer 1162 A2 drivers from stationdrivers but i'd still love to use the A4 apps, can I just install the apps from the A4 iso posted on this thread? Or do I need to use the A4 modded drivers in order to use the apps on the CD?

Thanks.