Moddified Audigy 4 Pro ISO is out! Download is now available

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, May 29, 2005.

1. RuFuSuFuR

RuFuSuFuR New Member

audigy2nx

Can someone tell me if this drivers works in audigy 2 nx?? :confused:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  2. HANGMAN000

HANGMAN000 New Member

when i know this forum when i was searching for audioHQ WINDOWS XP X64 and when i see u'r post i did'nt know befor that i can setup new software for creative on old and i try it & it work's like a charm i don't know what i say

all who helps to do this work are amizing thanks alot for u'r easy steps and thanks alot

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hey guys go to pax forums :) link in my sig I try help you out there :) you need lastest pax drivers first from that site. You need installed audigy 4 pro software first then pax drivers next.

4. RuFuSuFuR

RuFuSuFuR New Member

Can someone answer me??

5. Robert McClelland

Try it I don't know abut audigy 2nx :)

6. Robert McClelland

You always can used drivercleaner pro if doesn't work :)

7. PunIsh3r82

PunIsh3r82 New Member

Ho to everybody :p I'm not very expert about modded drivers for sound blaster card, but I would try these drivers because I am not able to install the KX ones...They don't have the support for my Creative sound-blaster, an Audigy LS :tears:

Is the anyone who tried these drivers on Audigy LS?? I'm not very sure to install them after the experience with kx ones....

Thx, hi

8. daPyr0x

daPyr0x New Member

To everyone who was having the setup program crash when they hit next I found a fix. If you go into the Audio/Setup directory and run setup.exe there everything will install and, at least for me, correctly.

9. echel0n

echel0n New Member

okay, everything went well.
    but may i install Creative's latest drivers or not? :sigh:

10. Kenjiro

Kenjiro New Member

ss

Something still doesn't work for me. I have an Audigy 1 card.
    I removed everything (used Driver Cleaner), then:
    - installed Audigy4 ISO sofftware (unticked the drivers)
    - applied A4Patch
    - rebooted
    - installed drivers from file: YouP-PAX-Fiv2.31
    - rebooted

After the restart, the Creative Game Port is installed ok, but I still have the yellow exclamation mark at Audio Multimedia Controller. Any clues?

11. andersondiaz

andersondiaz New Member

12. andersondiaz

andersondiaz New Member

jejeje thx here are some links work very fine ;)

thx

13. Robert McClelland

download the 2.32 sp it allready has audigy 4 pro iso inclueded :)

14. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Hi thanks for the post, but I need some help in being able to understand any of this... i find it very confussing! I just want drivers (latest) for the Live 5.1 card...

15. Robert McClelland

Modded Creative drivers: YouP PAX VI v2.2 For SB Live! series Thats last set of it. I don't think audigy 4 pro software would work with it you can try. All ways installed software first then drivers sec.
    grab it from here http://bbs.youp-pax.org/

16. startx

startx DriverHeaven Pioneer

I just installed this, and could you tell me the difference between this and the standard audigy 2 driver...

oh and by the way, I have installed this, then installed the newest Audigy driver for my card.. January 2006 release

Audigy 2 ZS

17. Robert McClelland

Has built in decorder and stuff thats all if you mean the driver?

18. missingxtension

missingxtension New Member

BOO this guide

I dont know why and how but some where along the line this guide became bs
    compared to this guide the bsd and linux guides appear god like
    its less time consuming to just buy a audigy 4
    i must admit that it is apealing to me but its too much bs to get this working
    not because its dificult but because the guide is too old and none of the links dont work i got the iso and the 4patch but no you drivers why because too many links are broken bloating the post and to make things worse the instructions arent even that great (sorry leon no pun intended) theres too much extra information that is not needed and what the hell is that Audigy4prosoftware_YouP.7z is that the original driver iso with the drivers included somewhere where its not plainly visible or do you still need to d/l the you drivers? then theres the pax drivers wich are new you drivers then the whole gettiing 3 things together? why not just repack iso with you drivers with 4 patch with pax with all in one click d/l i know space is limitted and banwith ist free but if youre ofering a guide!! plz make a separate page out of it then if you need to post on another page that way you can edit the guide and the post wont bloat the guide!! if you want me to host the current guide for you i will host a static page no post or nothing with ftp acess sp you can change it as much as you want of course its a mysite.verizon.net\missingxtension adress but for n e one wondering how to install with this guide it doesnt work so llok some where else because the links dont add up
    go to ubuntu or bsd and see how those guides work great!! if you want to know what im talking about

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  19. whitea4

whitea4 New Member

wow...this mod is great...everything works perfect for me. It's actually much simplier to do than it sounds like in the guide.

Acutally you only need to download the .RAR file from here
    http://www.cniti.com/soft/mc/2005-14/Audigy4Pro.rar
    It contains all the PAX driver, application ISO CD, and the A4 fix patch.

1. Remove all the creative old driver and applications. Driver cleaner software is recommanded.
    2. Go run regedit, use the Find function to search all the "Creative Tech" ones, and delete them.
    3. Restart. Go to C:\Program Files\, delete the Creative folder. Search and clear the Creative Tech reg again. Restart again.
    4. Unzip the Audigy4Pro.rar file. Unzip the YouP PAX exe file and install the driver. Restart.
    5. Use Daemon Tools to mount and run the ISO file. Choose custom install. Uncheck Audio Console and Win Driver. Install everything else. Restart.

The last 2 steps just follow the guide here.
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=78049
    6. Unzip the Patch file. Overwrite the original SurMixer and SpkSet file with the patch files.
    7. Download and Install the Speaker Calibrator software. Restart and it's done.

This Audigy4Pro.rar file comes with YouP PAX 1.0 driver. I've tried other newer YouP PAX drivers, and it causes crashes and some other applications don't work. So I choose to stick with what's in the package. This is good enough for me as I got a cheap OEM A2 card with no driver/software upadate support, and now it's turned into an A4 with it's driver/applications. And I can say is now it sounds so much better than my original A2 driver/applications. It might not be too much different if you've got the retail with the newest drivers/applications. However for OEM card owners, it's totally worth the time on doing this. Just play with it and hear it youself. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  20. a_laksmana

a_laksmana New Member

I think someone messed up with the name of one of the drivers.

I found the exact driver meant for Creative soundfont at
    "ctusfsyn.sys" from c:\windows\system32\drivers\

do not rename ctusfsyn.sys directly (i think some other files may refer to it, i dont want to risk it)
    just create a copy of ctusfsyn.sys and then rename that copy to ctmsfsyn.sys

it would do