Mother has deceased Daughter recreated in VR

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Mr Cairo, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

just found this article while browsing ...(sorry if its been posted)

http://www.ajudaily.com/view/20200207175148638

I found that to be powerful moving and sad but wont lie I could not finish watching

I have a son he is my world and if I lost him I think I would consider something like this, my only fear would be that I would never leave

The idea behind it is amazing and scary at the same time, Imagine you were away when something happened you could get a chance to say goodbuy ... but its still scary I wont lie

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am not judging.

This feels abnormal.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I'm perfectly ok with this.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I saw this while browsing yesterday but thought it was a bit too disturbing to post here, good that you guys don't mind.

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

It's sad and moving. I'm not sure how healthy it is, but I also don't dare be judgmental.

6. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Considering I don't have any children I don't think I would be the best person to even start to be judgmental or even begin to imagine how it would be to lose a child, any time a parent buries a child it is sad, they do say that you can't understand how it is to have a kid until you have one yourself, so yeah.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Some people would love to be immortalized. Some have been in past games... so it's not necessarily new, it's just slightly different.

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

If it's different from the stuff that came before, then it's by definition new. :p

9. Mr Cairo

Before i was a parent I dont think I had any idea how powerful the bond is, dont get me wrong I could throttle him at times but I also know (speaking to other parents) that my wife and I have had a much easier time with Jacob through his life than they have

That feeling that parents get the one that makes you need to protect them I never expected it but its there I love him and sacrifice for him and the idea of losing him is very real

I cannot understand how parents that lose children carry on .... I think the grief would be overwhelming but this VR thing I dunno I get why im just not sure we should

I can also see this in 20 years or so offered as a standard burial package ... "would you like an hour i the park with your child before the cremation?, then the added extras "would you like to see a prospective image of the 20 year old 30 year old, See them at their wedding them graduating college just put your Credit card here "

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

This was my first concern... I didn't want to jump in here and say it though. Thank you for breaking the ice.

The possibility of preying on people's grief and prolonging it is almost guaranteed with technology used in this manner. Some people would throw every cent they have at this, become destitute, and still be wallowing in grief... All so somebody else can make bank on it. I find it particularly creepy...

11. Mr Cairo

Yeah the financial aspect of it would definitely come into play with less morally ethical people

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Quite strange and interesting.......

Im sorry she lost her daughter :(