Ms. Monopoly Board Game Gives Female Players More Money And Makes Other Big Changes

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Monopoly has reinvented itself countless of times, with the classic board game releasing versions of itself based on Fortnite, the NFL, Super Mario, and more. However, the latest version of Monopoly is one of the biggest deviations from the standard game to date. Called Ms. Monopoly, it goes on sale later this month for $19.99, and it looks to tackle issues like the gender pay gap with a theme of female empowerment.

Ms. Monopoly features some unique rules that are interesting, but are sure to be controversial. Female players will start a game of Ms. Monopoly with $1,900, whereas male players will start with just $1,500. Additionally, male players will still only get $200 when they pass "GO" on the game board, but female players will get $240. In this way, Ms. Monopoly flips the gender pay gap on its head by giving female players an advantage over male players.

[​IMG]

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Oh for f**ks sake.... :rolleyes:

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

I'm sure @Judas would love to play this here board game together with @Trusteft and their wives/gfs. :p

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Just how real life is.

BTW, how long till they find themselves in trouble by feminist groups? I give it a couple of months.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You don't play Monopoly with your wife or anyone you love. Have you ever played it? They all end up in fights and heavy swearing, at best.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i never had fights.... i just mostly annoyed the hell out of the people that claimed to be really good at only for them to usually lose quickly and ask me "wtf, how did you do that?" But it's still heavily dependant on the roll of those damn dice

What would be bloody amusing is the likely fact that even with women getting the extra 40 bucks.... this could essentially assure that it's money men would make them pay up easier.

7. Calliers

Yeah, Monopoly used to be one of my fave games when I was young. And yes there were lots of fights.

Trusteft likes this.
  8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

never had a fight.... never understood why anyone would fight... I know my sisters would storm off or complain.... but usually just walk away from the game and the rest of us would split up the assets and continue.

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I got a chance to play the PC version online against a bunch of friends. Made a drinking round robin of it all. Zero fights, lots of funny insults.