My LIve Update will not work

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by drwright, Jan 21, 2009.

1. drwright

drwright New Member

I still get "failed getting live update file" Very aggrevating, I need to clean drivers and I would like the latest files...

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

the only thing i can think of is that some program is blocking Live Update from accessing the web. If you have a firewall running, did you try disabeling that and see if that works?

3. drwright

drwright New Member

I am using Windows Firewall and a Lynksys router, hooked up to a cable modem. The firewall has been configured to allow DC.net access. Additionally, the pop-up says a new version is available but then I ge the above message....

4. drwright

drwright New Member

I have tried disabling the firewall and then running it. no joy. please help as I purchased this product and would like to keep it updated! :) thanks..

5. Spike

can you tell me if driver check works? Just to see if the download would go through.

6. drwright

drwright New Member

Driver installed Ati 8.12
    Newest available driver: 8.4
    Huh? I seems to work but the info is wonky. I have the 8.12s installed but it is saying an older one is newest available...

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Spike, what ports does DC's update engine use? I noticed there were multiple hits each time the update was run on TCP ports starting around 4660 up to 4700, is that right? The reason I ask is that some ISPs block those ports as these ports are known to be used by Emule. I'm wonder if this is why it's not working for drwright.

drwright: one thing you could try doing is adding that range of ports (say from 4600-4700, or whatever ports Spike recommends) into your routers port forwarding, virtual server, or application rules section.. whatever you need in order to forward those ports to your computer, and then try running the updater again.

8. Spike

Can you tell me what version of DC.NET you are using? best maybe is to use the link in the email to download the latest version and then install that.

9. Balthazor

Balthazor New Member

I haven't been able to use live update in the last week or so (although I hadn't checked in a few months.)

The specific message I'm getting is 'no internet connection or the live update site is not available' or something similar.

I'm currently running 3.2.2.0.

Previously I could run live update with no issues, without needing port forwarding rules or disabling AV or firewalls.

10. Balthazor

Balthazor New Member

Well, its working now.

/shrug

11. Spike

Have no idea what happend, but maybe the server was busy and couldn't process more requests.

12. WFO

WFO New Member

Same for me. Is a server down? :confused:

13. Spike

Hi,

there is at the moment a problem with the server, so live update and driver version check are not working. We hope to fix this asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

14. Varg007

Varg007 New Member

My brother is experiencing this problem now aswell and the weird thing is that I have no problem at all and we are on the same network connection.

I checked Windows Firewall but I can't find anything unusual.

Could it have something to do with version 3.4.0.1 that was proven as not working 100%?

I uninstalled that version at his computer and afterwords I installed version 3.4.0.0 and since then Live update and driver check is not working anymore on his computer. Perhaps something is wrong in the registry?

15. Spike

Hi,

the program doesn't use anything from the registry. Sounds more like a program on his system is blocking the access, check any program running that it are not firewalls that could block the program.

Robert McClelland likes this.
  16. Varg007

Varg007 New Member

I will check if perhaps Avast is blocking the program.