Need XPSP1.exe (not "a")

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by ArchAngelRay, Sep 5, 2003.

1. ArchAngelRay

ArchAngelRay New Member

:mad: I screwed up and deleted my copy of XPSP1.exe, (not version "a",) and need another copy of it, if anyone can please upload an english version of this and post a link to it, I would be very grateful, as I don't like using the "a" version, it causes too many problems. I am looking for the networking version, not the one where it downloads the updates. IF you can't upload it, please send it to me thru email. My Email Addy. Thanks.

:x

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

got it....click the left side of my signature and go to my download sections..... it's under XP.... both SP1 and SP1a are available (network install 133Mb and 129mb).... fast server!

3. ArchAngelRay

ArchAngelRay New Member

4. Judas

your welcome...

5. G4ydeon_6900

G4ydeon_6900 New Member

just curious, why not just use a?

6. Judas

the (a) revision updates a few things... but VERY few in respect to SP1... also, it removes a fair bit.... Such as Built in Java and whatnot.... (boy, did that make me mad when i found that out).... I intergrate all the SPs into the cd.... so now i have a useless cd that i find runs worse then SP1.....

7. G4ydeon_6900

G4ydeon_6900 New Member

the ONLY thing a does is remove MS virtual machine because of the lawsuit between microsoft and sun. The sun java2 runtime enviroment is a million times better anyway and is free from sun.com There is literally no other changes between the two.

8. ENGB ENOP

ENGB ENOP New Member

im curious if xp sp 1 is still around here? i have an older laptop that has no network capability right now but want to install the network drivers. I read that you can get those from SP1

9. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I know it's a necro but I thought that I'd answer the question anyway as it's not an answer that is easy to find out on your own.

SP1 was superseded by SP2 in its entirety. If you have an install of XP without any service packs you can install SP2 without SP1.
    Just bear in mind that even SP3 is not supported any more.

10. Judas

seems Microsoft made it near impossible to track down and download specifically the SP1 (non a) from their download archive..

think you might be looking for a needle in a giant haystack.

11. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I'm not sure if ENGB ENOP specifically needs the non-a version (like OP did). If SP1a would work, here it is.

12. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

I fail to see WinXP as a viable option w/ out SP3.

The original WinXp built in Java issue is a non-problem post SP3 & all the subsequent updates and then the latest version JRE installed.

If you don't need Java then don't install it in the first place. If, like me, your system depends on a secure version of Java, e.g., OpenOffice (or java dependent plug-in) or JDiskReport - that's a good one I'm certain all you guys are using, et ali, then install the JRE, but disallow Java as an IE plug-in in the javaw.exe cpl security tab. You uncheck that and Java can't run inside the browser; you'll get alerts that Java is needed.

When you're on that fudge-packin' web-site that's clamoring for java access, obviously you enable it. Right? Right? Is it just me, or what?

W/ out SP3 & the latest JRE, you're sunk.

IMHO.

13. Judas

the lack of java support natively is not a concern at all for the last 8ish years or better