New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

After you did that is all fix now? I will have new v1.30 set soon with new tweak config :). Waiting on my friend do logo icon for the driver set :).

2. Mez

Mez Member

hmmm

with the new set ..
    i will be able to enable bass redirection for ( front , rear and center ) Only without the sub ??!
    and keep the bass that coming from the sub the same ??

people on guru3d told me that this is not possible right now in creative drivers
    and the bass redirection can't be for certain speakers only

please bro help me to enable that option for the ( front , rear and center ) only and not all the system
    because when i enable that option the sound became very clear
    but the bass became lower too

any idea ?

3. Robert McClelland

I will PM you work in progress of PCI XFI set. still got rejust the headphone tweak abit more yet :)

4. Robert McClelland

New PCI XFI Win 7 driver I'm working on get your FPS really up to speed

Result

5. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

can you guys give him some time to work on auzentech prelude drivers? jeeze its like everyday you guys ask him for something else yet the last driver for the prelude that he released was back in october and it doesn't even work!

6. PawCat

PawCat New Member

Hi Robert, I have just switched over from an X-FI Elite pro to a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series. After installing new drivers i notice that the volume on screen display is no longer present in the software. Is there a reason as to why it has been removed. I know it works because i installed the Daniel K drivers and it was there and working but his drivers stopped my 5.1 from working correct . I found the volume on screen display very useful so wonder why it is no longer present . Many thanks...

7. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

apparently you didn't read what i said above. us auzentech users dont have a single driver from him that even installs at all and it's been months. calm down for a while let him get to everyone please? thanks dude. anyway for your problem you can simply load one of the many older pax or official creative driver suites and click on 'custom' instead of full installation and only choose the volume panel..

8. PawCat

PawCat New Member

I have already tried installing only the volume panel from older drivers and it fails to install once you have the latest drivers installed.

9. Robert McClelland

Sorry I will PM you Driver to test later today :). I just get lazy on auzentech stuff.

10. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

dont know why people still buy the creative x-fi's. the auzentech is vastly superior. even before i got my z5500s and had the crappy x-540 the sound quality increased dramatically going from an xtreme gamer to the auzentech

11. Robert McClelland

12. Mez

Mez Member

Thanx bro , i will try it

but what is the new real changes on it ?

and with it i will be i will be able to enable bass redirection for ( front , rear and center ) Only without the sub ??!
    and keep the bass that coming from the sub the same ??

because it's almost all i need right now
    i just need to enable bass redirection for ( front , rear and center ) Only without the sub

that new driver will make me able to do it ?

13. Robert McClelland

You have try bud all sound cards are drifter here I just added more treble and bass and support to them :).

14. Robert McClelland

Updated I'm testing new way in register with the tweaks :D. like C_Mode_Tweaks_Installed. Something like that help make sound more improving I let you know how it goes I'm still keeping tweaks in audio inf for now we may take that out down road for testing. If new reg tweaks in support cab would work better. I let you know and I post beta driver for you guys try it out also. :).

15. Robert McClelland

Please test new PCI XFI V1.30 I'm trying something awesome new in the drivers set :D. Let me know if works really well I haven't bench them yet. PAX PCI XFI Win7 Driver V1.30Beta.rar

16. TheAmericanDreamer

TheAmericanDreamer New Member

Hey Rob.

I have an X-Fi XtremeGamer, and i noticed today that with the drivers i was using, which i believe were one of daniel_k's, i was getting quality sound but only through 2 speakers and the subwoofer instead of all the speakers in my 5.1 setup; when i tried changing the mode to 5.1 in the setup panel it did absolutely nothing.

So, i decided to give these PAX drivers and software suite a try, looking not only to fully utilize my 5.1 system but also to have the ability to use the Creative software (Audio Control Panel, Console Launcher, etc.) because ever since i installed the last drivers these haven't worked at all; i downloaded and installed the Master Suite v1.00 and PAX PCI XFI Win7 v1.00 as you recommended to another user in this topic: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/205190-pax-drivers.html
    I followed all instructions on removing previous drivers and cleaning the registry, etc.

Once again, i am stuck with that nasty, crackling, sound not really working at all issue that i had with Creative's drivers (off their website); after doing some research over the past year or so (which about how long i've been having issues with this card + the drivers + windows 7 x64 ultimate) the only understanding i have is that issue is unique to motherboards that use the nForce chipset [i have the nForce4 SLI (CK8-04)] and 4GB of RAM or more (i have 4GB).

I have only come across two solutions - one is to either pull a stick of RAM or limit the amount of memory in Windows to a number less than 4GB; the other was whatever driver i had installed previous to the PAX Drivers which for some reason had no issues with using all of my 4GB of RAM but wouldn't allow me to use the card to it's full potential.

I am wondering if you know of a workaround or if you have drivers that will allow me to use this card to it's full potential with all of my RAM despite the nForce chipset. Thanks for reading!!

17. Robert McClelland

Welcome did you try the new beta driver of v1.30 :) They might be final if there good. I think it's nforce board that causing issue. Nforce and creative cards don't mix togather lol.

18. neurogenesis

neurogenesis Member

Mods feel free to del this post if you feel it is hijacking (that isnt the intention)

probably because they don't care about thier customers. I have both a Prelude and a Forte, the Forte is getting the dreaded thump thump distortion issues and thier support team will not respond to my troubleticket. I've called the company, who told me to submit another TT and that they would for sure get to it (which they didnt) and even went as far as emailing thier president. I work for a major OEM, so I would assume he would respond , but alas he didnt.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  19. PegHorse

PegHorse New Member

Re : Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

Hi mate :)
    You need to make individual topic for cards because it was a pain to find that update.

Downloading it, will try asap =)

20. Robert McClelland

Updated friend said that set won't work I need replace the file back make work I reupload tomorrow afternoon.