New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

That great. Do you get blue screen in beta 6? In beta 7 I don't anymore since I took out the file out.

2. Robert McClelland

I don't want put you into alot trouble. lol. Still no issue with beta 7 I wish we get couple more people test beta 7 so I know it's good. If not I keep beta 6 :). I won't be around much tomorrow to late evening. Going my 3rd bro house see my nephew :).

3. omegadragonstar

omegadragonstar New Member

lol have fun!! (plus i just wondering is it possible ctxfifx was corrupted some how in beta6?? (it might explain the blue screen)

4. Robert McClelland

was there any blue screen early version? I could recopy the file.

5. omegadragonstar

(i put the wrong name of the file in the previous post it was ctexfifx.sys)

i thought Removing the file for beta 7 was do to the blue screen(lol) thats why i was asking if that might fix the problem (for beta 6) by replacing the file.

plus i can't get beta7 to work at all on my pc even using system mechanic i tried 2-3 times cleaning it just says internal aux jack everytime i install (pic) im sorry if you already tried replacing that file. its just getting me annoyed that i can't get them to work correctly at all when it looks like everyone else can get them to work...

im still setting up my other pc to test it on it (i don't mind testing)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. Robert McClelland

You need disable your on board sound lol.

7. omegadragonstar

ill try that and get back to ya (just need to wait 3 mins for file transfers to finish. turning the sound adaptors on my Graphics card off might be kinda hard though....

(face palm)
    ok it works (but i need my onboard for my headset. the port wires for my case front don't fit the xfi cards adpator and its a long reach to the plug in back to plug in my headset at night. the case is large and heavy. lol beta 6 worked some what good with on board on.

also crystalizer is gone and so is svm (and a few other things (i have master suite installed) pic
    and requires a restart to change modes (lol now this is really odd)

that's what i thought that file did lol looks like it controls the crystalizer svm cmss-3d etc at least thats whats missing after 2 restarts

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  8. Robert McClelland

I answer you guys question afternoon when I get up I just got back home :) lol. Very tired. I only had 4 half hours sleep lol. My 3dcmss works on mine with that file out lol. You may want reinstalled launcher :). That strange it doesn't work for you but works great for me with out that file.

9. omegadragonstar

maybe some x-fis need the file while some don't. some may be software based fx were some are hardware based fx (im just guessing but this sounds good)

im also now running beta 6 w/beta5's ctexfifx.sys. i needed my realtek hd and x-fi running at the same time with what u hear, crystalizer and svm which didn't work w/beta7 but does in beta 6. (i didn't test what u hear)

ps ive not had a bluescreen yet but will let ya know if i do.

10. Robert McClelland

Let me redo the driver with set agian would see what happen so far I like the beta 7 set. lol. But I can retool the sys file get see NOBSOD. Sad part we going have big snow storm next to days up to 16inches of snow. So I don't know if we losed power by Wed or not. If we did You won't see me around :). lol.

11. omegadragonstar

I hope you don't lose power it gets mighty cold without it (fireplaces only help so much... plus with 16inches of snow a snow-blower = your friend lol.

the only thing thats bothering me with this beta(6) is the audio control panel it takes one min to start and 1-10sec to switch tabs and settings its the same with my on board realtek card on or off. Is it slow for anyone else??

I still haven't had a bluescreen yet but im also not playing with the settings ether. i just set them were i do normally and left them there so it may not be fixed.

also im going to test for the sleep static issue ive had a couple of times (static after the computer has been sleeping for 6+ hours) it effects it till i restart eliminating the point of sleep lol. i tried recording it once but what u hear didn't work at the time.. so ill see if it comes back and see if i can get a recording if it does.

12. Robert McClelland

Test this driver let me know I added more win7 enters support into the driver set plus that ctexfifx.sys is back :). PAX PCI XFI Win7 Driver V1.30Beta8.7z Beta8 lol

13. CHaynes112

CHaynes112 New Member

What about a new beta for the PCI-E Titanium users? :D

14. Robert McClelland

15. CHaynes112

CHaynes112 New Member

Robert,

Is this the same PCI-E Beta 1 driver that you posted a few pages back... or has this one been updated with any of the same changes from the PCI version of Beta 8?

-Thanks

16. Robert McClelland

Yes lol I have no input from it that why there no changes lol

17. Robert McClelland

Hey guys Snow Storm here where I live it's very windy and snowing hard there still staying ice later tonight then back to snow. up 4-8inches then another 4 inches by Wed afternoon. If I lose power tomorrow you know why :).

18. Djankie

Djankie New Member

I've got the exact same problem!! I can't install my soundcard (xfi xtreme music).

I've installed it like 100 times before and no problem. But with this fresh windows installation I first installed the PAX driver beta7. But I could only find s/pdif and aux or something.

I'm gonna use driver sweep and uninstall every of audio.

I hope then beta8 should fix this :S

19. goguxxx

goguxxx New Member

Hey all ! Taking this opportunity to say hi ,as its my first post on this forum,but im not happy.Im having bsod everytime i try to install any X-Fi drivers.I have tried all kind of stuff,originals,DK,pax,even beta http://www.mediafire.com/?211to4dak105414 , no luck.Problem started after i changed my mb from a MSI H55-P31 to Gigabyte P55-US3L,kept all my other stuff : I5 760 , 4gb Corsair 1600 , eVGA GTX 480 and my good old X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI,complete with front panel and remote.I wasted all my day yesterday doing fresh installs of Win 7,removing and installing drivers,driver sweeper,the whole shazam . Yelp! Im going bananas...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  20. omegadragonstar

beta 8 works if you have problems try system mechanic erase driver then scan on deep scan & clean whats found then restart and scan again & clean whats found then install it should solve the problem.

goguxxx try reseating the card(take it out check if pins/connecters are clean and not bent and put back in or put in another slot if available) if this does not help try another pci card in the slot to see if its working good (mobo or x-fi may have probs) ive had this once (card was not in all the way)

beta 8 -
    the inputs on entertainment mode are stuck on line in after a mode switch restart/sleep fixes it

this may be just my speakers but it sounds louder on the right speaker (it didn't before)

no static after sleep yet left it 24 hours as a test of bit rot in memory

ive been trying asio out a little its so clear w/24bit songs (off a dvd) lol the cards bit rating in asio is 32bit (i thought this was interesting) windows limits it i guess useing(asio4all allows realtek hd as well)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011