New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. goguxxx

goguxxx New Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

After reading a few thread back i found this : http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/205700-some-serious-driver-loading-problem.html .Thats exactly how my computer is behaving.When i get home im going to try disableing driver sign check in windows,see how it goes.
    I did remove the card a few time (well alot of times to be precise,ive been at it from 1 pm to 2 am yesterday) used the 2 PCI slots that were free,same results.Also removed the ribbon cable that connects the front panel and the power for it.

2. omegadragonstar

omegadragonstar New Member

this reminds me of my gigabyte graphics card its power supply was not to the agp spec even with a 12v hdd connecter. it only works in 1 computer and all my other ones blue screened at startup and would not take the drivers or took them and were very unstable.

(seems gigabyte is not so good i guess) this is my opinion and does not reflect anyone else.

Im gonna say the motherboard sounds really flaky to me (i would be sending/taking it back) 1hour not working for me is a red flag especially if the xfi card worked before. 1 test before sending the (mobo) back try the x-fi in another old pc to see if it still works if it does then the pci is probably broken or not good enough to work properly aka return it. an alternate method is to try another pci card and see if it works. (an old network card is good) and see if it does the same thing.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  3. RobZ

RobZ New Member

Same here, but not just with beta7, it happens with all drivers i tried (official, PAX, Daniel's).
    After 3-4 restarts instead of Speakers i get internal aux jack, and there is no sound, so I have to reinstall the driver. Then it works again until couple of restarts.
    Here is what it looks like on newly installed windows. Or this is with PAX (1.20 or 1.25).
    Creative support has no idea what is going on, and on their forum I get no answers. :tears:

4. omegadragonstar

just a quick question did you turn off your on board sound in the bios?? i did and it worked with no problems ps also try beta 8 PAX PCI XFI Win7 Driver V1.30Beta8.7z it also may be a registry issue try cleaning it with system mechanic: erase driver then scan on deep scan & clean whats found then restart and scan again & clean whats found then install it should solve the problem. also remove all creative programs before the system mechanic scan it wont allow the dlls to be removed otherwise. (system mechanic has a 30 day free trial that works)

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi guys I'm back no power out hear :). For me no issue with blue screen version 8beta I highly try it. Everyone should try System Mechanic it's worth a try. cost you 30 bucks if you want buy it then 14.95 year after year for renewal :). I don't know what else I can do with the driver set beta 8 I think it's good tune enough.

6. omegadragonstar

the beta 8 driver looks good so far here (only 2 odd problems 1 that happened till i rebooted and its been gone since. The problem was changing into entertainment mode locked the input to line in.
    the other problem was: mode changing was very slow but only on the first switch which caused direct sound buffer errors but are fast enough now not to cause them.

lol just random things lol

ps i hope the storms over soon it broke a few records cnn said this)

7. Bambosz107

Bambosz107 New Member

Hello,

I'm new member here. First of all, I must say, that latest drivers for Audigy (I have Audigy 2 ZS Gold BTW) are really amazing, they're way better than original from Creative. But I have a question: how can I mod my card to X-Fi? I've downloaded "Pax Audigy Software Suite Edition 2010" and I don't know what to do next.
    I know, that there are a lot of tutorials here, but I'm so hopeless and I can't find it myself :p

So could you tell me what to do? In the easiest way? I'll be very grateful.

Oh, and I have Windows 7 64 bit.

8. Robert McClelland

Nope you can't welcome XFI and Audigy are on to drifter chips if you used drifter driver you may fry it lol. Best bet buy cheap xfi card music one off ebay if you want best sound and software.

9. omegadragonstar

i don't see how you could mod a audigy to a x-fi (there processors are not the same (x-fi has emu20k1or2 were audigy has emu10k1or2 i got this off Wikipedia) so it's not possible!!

ps you don't want a xtreme audio they are horrible (no in game effects amongst other issues)

10. Bambosz107

Bambosz107 New Member

So... I had to misunderstand something xd

Anyway, can I mod Audigy 2 ZS to Audigy 4? And what is the best choice for games, since I don't want to use default Creative drivers? I'm not audiophile, but I like good sound quality ;)

11. RobZ

RobZ New Member

Yes, the onboard sound is disabled. As you can see on the screenshot there is no other device installed, except the x-fi and the graphic card hdmi audio driver. I tried the System Mechanic, also the Driver Cleaner after uninstall, then installed the beta 8, and right after the first restart there was no sound. After 3rd install and restart the speakers finally didn't disappear from volume mixer.

12. omegadragonstar

i think that's a no too (lack of a dsp chip(and a few other things) on audigy 2 zs were audigy 4 has one(and the few other things) again i used wikipedia) modding cant work unless there "exactly" the same. for example modding a live 24bit to audigy value is possible there just renames from what ive read on Wikipedia but its not recommended. mods are bad for sound cards you'll just end up buying a new or used one anyways.

13. Bambosz107

Bambosz107 New Member

It's a pity.. So, could you explain, what is this "Pax Audigy Software Suite Edition 2010 V2.00" used for? I may still install ordinary Pax drivers for Audigy 2 ZS, like "PAX PCI Audigy All-OS-Driver V2.10". Thank you for your reply :)

14. omegadragonstar

im not sure what the problem is. theres only a few other things you could try:
    1. try the card on a old pc and see if it does the same thing
    2. uninstall the gtx4XX sound drivers for hdmi and see if it works after. i don't use them because they sometimes break other drivers. (im just guessing the model of your card)
    3. try the newest nvidia driver 466.58 is the latest non beta you can get right now and see if it works after.
    you don't need to reinstall just a restart will show if it stays broke or fixes it. After i shut my onboard off they just worked w/no reinstalls. beta 8 works with onboard on for me so im not to sure what's causing your problems..

15. omegadragonstar

if its like the pax pci x-fi pax audio suite edition 2010 its just the drivers (old ones) and lots of programs that work with it (ex in the x-fi one theres wavestudio creative media center 5 etc) thats approx 894mb for the xfi one not sure for size on the audigy one though.

16. Robert McClelland

Thanks for helping out so far omegadragonstar :). Well guys my farvor promo up in the hut Consumable Promo 5000 pucks or 79cents going play lot's hockey today. I do auzentech driver tomorrow :). I might do another quick fix on pci e xfi driver beta 2 driver bit later today after I let my console rest :).

17. Bambosz107

Bambosz107 New Member

18. omegadragonstar

that sounds right to me unless you want all the extra programs in the suite.
    and the Audigy support pack im not to sure about it maybe its off creatives site?? i don't think it would hurt to double check that it is it will save ya from having to clean a virus that's been put on your pc by accident.

19. Bambosz107

Bambosz107 New Member

You're right, it's from Creative. I think I'll install it. Thanks. :)

20. Robert McClelland

Audigy support is Dan K I don't deal with his stuff only mine Please don't posted any links from his stuff or get delete.