New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

Uploading Prelude test set now :)

2. Robert McClelland

3. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

did you add in the ini fix for bsod like the pci ones?

4. Robert McClelland

ya let me know how goes :p

5. Bittornado

Bittornado New Member

Hi Robert and everybody else! My first visit here, just happened to come across PAX stuff and site while googling since I was kinda confused over what version numbers were the latest for every individual software included in Creative's own original suite pack. It's a jungle out there!

First off, thank you very much Robert for your great job providing us with all these tweaks and improvements.

I just bought myself a, well from what I originally thought, a Creative SB X-Fi Elite Pro by second hand.
    Upon looking for the Product ID number of the card, I became even more confused. I can not find neither the ID number SB0550/SB0510 nor SB055A/SB0510 (which are for Elite Pro) but what I find is SB0460 (for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card) on the front side of the PCB and SB046A (for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro card) on the back side!!
    The card itself looks pretty much on the spot like the latter, namely a SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro (I've looked at many pictures on the internet)... on the other hand, included in the package there is the outer case which only comes with an Elite Pro. So I probably bought an Elite Pro after all... I guess ;)

I have read several other users having the exact same issue with confusing model numbers so I guess the ID-numbers are not reflecting the exact card model itself, but rather a 'general' PCB manufactured model.

-------

Anyway, after that rather lengthy intro(!) here are my specs:
    - Win XP Pro SP3
    - Intel Pentium 4 775 3.60GHZ 2M 800 SL7Z5 P4 CPU HT
    - Creative SB X-Fi Elite Pro

I do admit I have not read through all the 59 pages of this thread(lol), so if my questions have already been answered please do accept my apologies and refer me to the right place. In the mean time here are some questions I'd appreciate to get some answers to:

1. Is it correct understood that the 'old' PAX Master Suite V2.00 now is effectively replaced by PAX PCI XFI PAX Audio Suite DVD 2011 V1.00? So basically I don't need to install PAX Master Suite anymore and I can go with Audio Suite DVD 2011 instead?

2. From what I understand the driver version in PAX Audio Suite DVD 2011 V1.00 is the 4.10 version vs. the latest standalone 4.15 version drivers you provided lately... If that's correct, is there a choice when installing the Audio Suite DVD 2011 to skip installation of the drivers included in that suite so I can install the 4.15 drivers afterwards?
    Or do I have to install the whole suite including the 4.10 version drivers, then uninstall them in order to reinstall the version 4.15?

3. One last question... installing this suite/driver combo, are there any limitations to the cards functionality in general in favor to better sound quality, compared to Creatives original drivers/suite set?
    Also I was wondering, are there any software missing in the 2011 suite compared to what comes with an original installation CD?

I also noticed there was a more recent updated Tweak version number in the V4.15 drivers compared to the Audio Suite DVD 2011. Will you be updating the Suite 2011 version to make it up to date??!

Sorry for sounding confused and lost but I will do whatever I can to avoid messing up my system once again forcing me to format the whole thing once more :)

Thank you so much for your time!
    Sincerely,
    /B

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. Robert McClelland

Welcome. Wait for Dvd suite 2011 V1.05 it have v4.15 drivers in I release on Monday :).

7. Bittornado

Bittornado New Member

Thank you for your quick reply, then I'll wait for the 1.05 version.
    But just for future regards... when a new set of standalone drivers arrive and I already have a suite installed, can I just update the newer drivers, or do I have to uninstall the old drivers or the whole suite first?

--------

On another note, I found something that might be a little bug in the PCI XFI PAX Audio Suite DVD 2011 V1.00.

I extracted the whole suite onto my HDD just to check the individual softwares' version numbers.

In the first folder, 'Audio', the subfolder 'SpkWiz' (Speaker Connection Wizard) I think mistakingly has been given the setup.ini, Version.ini and setup.exe files from 'SysInfo' (Creative System Information) subfolder! If you take a look at the content of setup.ini and Version.ini in 'SpkWiz' folder you find them being identical with the 'SysInfo' parameters and the setup.exe file has the exact same size as the one in the 'SysInfo' folder ;)

I just took a look at my original CD's 'SpkWiz' folder and there are a whole lot of other files missing in your 'SpkWiz' Audio Suite 2011 version and also the text in the .ini files says "Speaker Connection Wizard" :cool:

I don't know if the Speaker Connection Wizard has been working but there might be an issue there.

-------

Oh, and before I totally forget... there is a much newer version of 'Creative Karaoke Player' to include if you want!
    It's the 2.11.08 version (vs 1.60.15 included in the 2011 suite).
    http://creative-karaoke-player.software.informer.com/

Sincerely,
    /B.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. Robert McClelland

No Just uninstalled old drivers you can do that with the suite setup. You have lastest console launcher 2.61.53 correct?

9. Bittornado

Bittornado New Member

Oh yes... you're so right and I am so stupid!
    :D

Thank you for setting me right! And please keep up the great work sir!

Regards,
    /B.

10. M2M

M2M New Member

Hi

First off, thank's very much for all the hard work!

Now, last week I've changed motherboards. Obviously there were some troubles with the x-fi platinum fatal1ty champion card, just like last time. The first problem was trying to get the card recognised by the system. That took me about 4 hours. Key parts were not connecting the IO front pannel box, removing all plugs from the back of the card, inserting the card with force in the PCI slot and booting in a minimal config (msconfig --> no startup items and only microsoft services). Also make sure you disable the onboard sound in your bios / EFI and disable the high-def audio device your ATI videocard creates (if you have a recent model ATI videocard).

Next up was trying to install drivers and getting the card to work yet again. This failed miserably and after two tries on official drivers (.0015 and .0013), my system was a complete creative mess again. I reinstalled windows again after a full format and had the brilliant idea to make an image of the system before anything. Then I tried the youp-pax drivers (4.15). In the beginning it had some issues.
    No sound whatsoever was heard from speakers or headphones connected to the front pannel. Also no volumereadout in the windows volume mixer. I did hear the crackling noises when I switched between modes. So something strange was going on again. Appearently the problem was the connected microphone to the line-in jack on the back of the card. When I removed the mic jack and reinstalled the youp-pax 4.15 drivers again everything worked perfectly.

Afterwards it was just a matter of installing the softwaresuite and reinserting the mic jack to get that thing working again.

So for anyone who has problems, you might want to try:
    - firmly insert the PCI card in to the slot
    - If the card is not detected, remove all connections to the card and boot a minimal windows
    - when installing drivers, remove the connection from the mic-jack on the back of the card.

Regards,

11. Robert McClelland

12. flipp022

flipp022 New Member

Hello I am new here my name is Ane (flipp022)
    I 've have a big problem al more as 6 year with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, and now also with titanium HD sound card,
    in entertainment mode , automatic every time to switch to normal mode , how do you it out , that switch to normal mode
    I want to work in EQ mode , for editing recordings , I have necessary the EQ and the bass and treble button, and is that only in this mode the EQ and the bass and treble button
    but switch automatically every time to normal modus,is that for my not working so, who help please,
    more info over my can be found , in search google or youtube, under this name flipp022 , I am tapper of live show sinds 1959, and build sinds 1983 my homemade Microphones,
    here my last post on youtube,
    YouTube - ‪The Band Of Heathens - Ain't No More Cane‬‏

Ane

13. Robert McClelland

Hi welcome did you try my T HD mod driver? Make sure always run reg cleaner and defrag before installing new set.

14. flipp022

flipp022 New Member

yes I have uninstall with revo uninstaller and CCleaner,

and install your new driver , but I have the same problem ,
    but thanks for your new drive, have better bass sound.

Ane

15. flipp022

flipp022 New Member

I just want the Graphic Equalizer and that there in remain standing,
    I working now so, with editing my recordings , I make a raw setting in the X-Fi card , and is continuing with Equalizer of VLC Player,
    so make a recording with Creative MediaSource 5 Player

16. Robert McClelland

You may have reinstalled Master suite make software to work again.

17. flipp022

flipp022 New Member

Best Robert
    I the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro remove everything with revo uninstaler and CCleaner and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner,
    and I instal PAX MASTER Suite V2.00, there after the same problem ,I am possible there sneeze find on Internet, over this problem,
    I game never, only audio is my thing, but thanks for help, you are the man.
    Ane

18. Robert McClelland

I will Pm you preview set I readjust some of the setting put more sound rear speakers and add couple newer tweaks I let you know so far so good. :). It depends there staying more storms in area tomorrow for me. Would see what happen we had 2inchs rain 6 hours today lol

19. flipp022

flipp022 New Member

Creative / ENTERTAINMENT-modus / switch automatically / I want to work in EQ mode / how it switch automatically every time to normal modus
    where is the fix for this, problem ,who knows how to do it,
    get my recording, or Tony Joe White on DVD,
    I have a private tracker and give torrent , with email back to you,
    give my a PM, and I give you my email address, with email back to you, give I a you a torrent file for this show,
    who knows, i HAVE MORE LIVE SHOWS, 560, I HAVE ALSO THE LAST SHOW
    OF THE SOUND in 1987-11-28 in the club LVC city leiden in holland,(Adrian Boland)

Ane

X-fi sound cards have been around 6 years, and nobody sees Equalizer not Remain in this mode,
    You can not work when editing audio as the equalizer each time is gone,
    what is that a sound card, as everytime the equalizer is gone
    that make only Creative,if you have of it no intelligence, must you no sound card make,
    cost my a lot of mony for two soud cards,where I nothing to have is this card so, thanks Creative.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  20. Robert McClelland

Check pm :)