NEW: ProFx (3538) Update Incl. MX6 and AC97

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Lex Nahumury, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Lex Nahumury

Lex Nahumury DH Senior Member

Ok, then I think/hope it's solved.

2. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

success - win7 64bit

3. imperia

imperia Active Member

Thanks a lot!

4. Lex Nahumury

Good.
    Thanks for the Sxtrace which lead me to the faulty manifest.

5. Lex Nahumury

Your welcome:)

6. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

NO, thank you for ProFx :)

7. BiCho

BiCho Audiotecna- Representante

It worked now, thanks!

8. imperia

imperia Active Member

I wonder: Does the plugin works with 3552 version?

9. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

Yes it does

10. imperia

imperia Active Member

thanks ;)

11. peate

peate Active Member

I'm trying to download the latest ProFX version for 3552 but the link in the OP seems to be down. Is there another location to get the plug-in? Also, is ufxsetup.50 compatible with 3552?

Thanks.

12. peate

peate Active Member

Is there anybody out there?

I really need those ProFX plug-ins for 3552, I imagine someone out there has it, if they would kindly email me a copy at [email protected], I would be forever grateful.

TIA

13. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

I second your request, Peate.

I've been searching for ages, even asked here (though it was on another thread) and still no joy. Currently making do with the original ProFX pack that comes bundled with the original 3552 driver package.

Would be nice to have the links on the first page of this thread, working...

14. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Hi all:

I can't recall LeMury ever disapproving of sharing a link for the download of any of his kX related contributions, so I'll share a link with the kX community to download a few. At the below link users can download ProFx_312_wxp_fre (his most recent ProFX release that works with kX driver version 3552 and Windows 10 x64 when using the 32bit kX Mixer), ProFx311_48, LeMury's kX DSP QuickLaunch Utility, and a couple of tutorials he wrote on the kX Concept and kX And Cubase. Also users can download a couple of PDF files on ProFX Version 3, and kX DSP example setups.

Of course, if LeMury returns here and disapproves of me sharing this link to a few of his kX related contributions, the material will be removed from my public OneDrive site. Interested users can download this material using the link below:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=4B7DB487273F54DE!1054&cid=4B7DB487273F54DE

I have a few UFX packs by Max M., but I will not share them unless Max M. specifically writes in the kX forum that it is OK, or PMs me it's OK. In the past, Max M. has had a sort of restriction with obtaining his UFX packs. So, unless I hear from Max M. differently, I will not publicly share any UFX packs of his that I have.

Peate and NattyDredd, I hope this post is helpful for you.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    peate and NattyDredd like this.
  15. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Thankyou, thomasabarnes :D

Just Installed the ProFX_312 on Windows 7 64bit. Installed with no issues, excellent... again, thankyou
    thomasabarnes ;)

Out of interest, thomasabarnes... what UFX Packs where there? I found UFX_3552 FX pack a few months ago, I wasnt aware there were more packs. I understand your reluntancy to share, Max M deserves respect for his work on this project, as due all developers here.

16. thomasabarnes

Max M's UFX packs are called Plugins In Uniform (UFX for short). Max M. used to release updated UFX packs because sometimes an update to the UFX packs was required to be compatible with different kX audio driver releases and different operating systems.

You can read about his UFX packs in the thread he started for them: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/plugins-in-uniform-ufx.9923/ That thead used to be a sticky, but at some point it became a non-sticky thread.

His UFX pack installers were named like "ufxsetup.52." So I'm not sure if the UFX pack you refer to above is one of Max M's genuine UFX packs. On the 1st page of his thread, Plugins in Uniform, some downloads to some of his UFX packs are still live, but some reading in that thread may be required to find out which UFX pack is compatible with a certain kX driver and operating system.

I think 52 was the last UFX release. It is compatible with kX driver 3552. And 3552 runs on Windows 10 x86 and x64.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  17. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Ah, yes... I just checked the UFX Pack version I have installed, it is indeed ufxsetup.52. Very useful plugins, as are the ProFX.
    I have been muddling through with the generic plugins, and missing out on absolute control... really appreciate the help and sharing of these latest ProFX here, thomasabarnes. You, Sir, have bestowed a wonderful gift upon the KX community

and I thank you, cheers... :)

thomasabarnes likes this.
  18. thomasabarnes

NattyDredd:

You're especially welcomed because you and I are 2 kX users that have been around here since the old days (2003)!

There are, yet, some good kX plugins and addons that we kX users are unable to access because of dead links, but ProFX and UFX are among the top kX material. ;)

By the way, if you found any of my posts to be helpful, you could have clicked on "Like" at the bottom of my post. hehe

NattyDredd likes this.
  19. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Ah, yes, thomasabarnes, I have indeed been around these here parts for some time now :).

This is a lil off-topic, but when I initally joined I had a Platinum Live with LiveDrive II (still have it, stored away). But recently, bought a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (SB0350) with the (SB0250) LiveDrive for £35.
    With the KX drivers and 64bit support, UFX and now ProFX, its like the KX setup I had often dreamed about in '03... and further off topic, KX ASIO combines with 'Jack Audio Connection Kit' and using 'Carla' - a KX DSP-like patchbay with access to route VST's in the signal path between applications. (KXStudio for Linux, I'll ask a stupis question, maybe, but do you know, is the KXStudio related to this KX?)

Apologies for off-topic, just wanted to say it works brilliantly (streaming 30 audio connections from Reason to StudioOne in realtime with no issues... and I dont have a very powerful PC). So to get these ProFX, you have made my day, thomasabarnes ... :)

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    peate likes this.
  20. peate

peate Active Member

Just got your email Thomas and I wanted to thank you again on behalf of all kX users. These drivers and plug-ins are still the best.

thomasabarnes likes this.