New Win 8 RESTRICTED beta driver: 6.0.1.1376!

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by medeirosdez, Feb 8, 2013.

1. medeirosdez

medeirosdez New Member

IMPORTANT NOTE: HARDWARE RESAMPLING IS BROKEN ON THIS RELEASE! RESAMPLING IS BEING DONE AT SUPER LOW QUALITY! :sigh:

Do you have any issues with your X-Fi under Windows 8? Forgotten settings upon restart, NO SOUND?

:taste: There is a new, restricted driver under development (beta), version 6.01.1376-2.18.6190.

That driver proposes following changes:

No sound issue - after system Reboot
    - intermittent sound loss
    Settings not saved (speaker settings, mode settings)
    Distorted sound when recording in certain frequencies

Creative suggests you visit below link where you will be able to require the driver for download via private message to thread moderator.

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=699221

:rolleyes: I also suggest you take a look at my video tutorial on how to properly set up your X-Fi sound card for best possible audio quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bME2DtNM6w

Please, do not forget to give FEEDBACK to CREATIVE after downloading and testing their new beta driver.

Feedback must be sent via private message to user Loi-CL.

You may also download driver installer from my SkyDrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=429C6E8149A57DF3&id=429C6E8149A57DF3!260

(just wait until it finishes uploading...) ;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. robalm

robalm New Member

Good news!

This new driver works perfect with windows 8.
    Saving/no sound startup problem, is fixed [FINALLY] :D

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I will tweak this up later for you hehe.

4. medeirosdez

medeirosdez New Member

I am so excited about this new driver! But there is that problem with terrible quality resampling...

For example, if you set Windows (via sound control panel) to 44.1KHz, sound will be totally distorted. Is that problem easy to be fixed?

I have already sent a private message to that thread moderator and to Creative support (via email). Support staff Casey told me my problem will be communicated to the team responsible for X-Fi driver development.

5. boyriot

boyriot Headbangers

is it ok to use on windows 7?

6. Viggen66

Viggen66 Member

I have just tested these drivers. finally X FI is working as it should on the new operating system, the settings are saved, and the sound is excellent, medeiros can you get or do you know of any new beta drivers for a X FI Go USB, they have the same problems than the official ones Creative has launched (no saving settings, rubbish sound, etc)

7. medeirosdez

medeirosdez New Member

Wow, I didn't know there are other Creative products facing the same annoying unsaved configuration problem.. how sad that is!

Well no, I don't know or haven't heard of any beta driver for X-Fi Go USB... I'm mostly focused on PCI X-Fis.

Anyway, you may contact Creative support. They have always replied to me, though they mostly seem to be unwilling to solve problems related to software engineering / bug fixing. You may also try that forum I linked on the first post of this thread. The moderator over there seems to be Creative's staff / driver development team.

8. medeirosdez

medeirosdez New Member

Apparently yes, but there is no apparent use for that operating system. This is a development release intended only to hotfix major Windows 8 problems. This release, at least for me, has much worse sound quality when there is resampling involved.

Until there is an official driver on Creative's support page (for your product) I would suggest you stick with latest official driver 6.01.1375-2.18.5650.

9. xaudiox

xaudiox New Member

DO you know if "Console Launcher" will be updated ?
    The mode switcher craps out on me, every time I switch modes (all versions) I get an app crash. (Win 8 Pro x64)

10. medeirosdez

medeirosdez New Member

Well, what version do you have? I'm asking because I have version 2.61.55 installed and it did never crash on me, and I switch modes very often.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about Console Launcher. Creative's word on this is just: we do not have a Windows 8 compatible Console Launcher. BUT, 2.61.55 works just fine for me.