NEW YEAR PACKAGE for SBLive/Audigy/Audigy2/Audgiy2ZS series

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

The mixer is same mixer from creative media source and it was working at new install, i did repair to fix the speakers settings now i have lost mixer and speakers setting still says card not supported.

How many times do i need repair this ( i did run from daemon tools but i dod that for all my games and movies no problems

2. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

maybe you'll have to wait for the new drivers before using the a4 package

3. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

Don't warry. After new drivers come out, you will fix issues.

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  4. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

There is a bug for Audigy/Audigy2/Audigy2 ZS (not SBLive!): after you run THX console once, Speak Setting and Mixer cannot be used. You can fix it with A4_Patch.rar (or http://www.cnbeta.com/club/job.php?action=download&pid=tpc&tid=1858&aid=1045):
    1. download and extract A4_Patch.rar (or http://www.cnbeta.com/club/job.php?action=download&pid=tpc&tid=1858&aid=1045) to 2 files, SpkSet.exe and SurMixer.exe.
    2. Then copy SpkSet.exe to "X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Speaker Settings\" and overwrite the same file. Copy SurMixer.exe to "X:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer" and overwrite the same file.

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  5. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

DVD Audio is ok in Power dvd6 (still to test Creatives player) and your patches fixed speakers and mixer, only problem left is every reboot i lose my eax setting and need to reset it to a choice but CMSS stays on ok.

What about that latest Creative mediasource and driver fix for audigy 4 i posted that makes the Eax setting sync with the EQ setting, cant we have that instead of having to change rock ro pop in both apps instead of one only.

6. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

humeyboy, could you please send me a PM. Thank you!

7. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

Sure and well done we are getting there, i know Creatives software is buggy crap. :D

8. hacker3000

hacker3000 New Member

since the other 2 links for the A4-Patch.rar don't work anymore, i made a new link from my server... here you can download it.

9. sovietdoc

sovietdoc New Member

with the patch, all things work great :D

10. piaskoon

piaskoon New Member

Hi there.
    I'm wondering, why still (after few months since A2Value release) there's no support for Audigy2 Value card in YouP Pax and/or Audigy 4 hacked driver????? Don't tell me it has no EMU 10kx DSP (like SBlive! 24bit)! It definitely has:

[​IMG]

"In order to verify the play abilities of novelties, we used Unreal Tournament 2004, where adapts the sonic cursor of new generation - OpenAL, capable of maximally opening the potential of each sonic pay on 3d- positioning of sound. For determining the productivity of audioprotsessorov was measured the rate of the fulfillment of boat- match for the different regimes of the sonic tracking: 3D Audio, Hardware 3D Audio, Hardware 3D Audio + EAX. The results of this testing, represented on the diagram, they themselves for itself speak. If in the case with Audigy 2 Value users in effect nothing it loses in comparison with the flag officer - Audigy 2 zs, then in the implementation of possibilities 3Dzvuka on pay SB Live! 2ya-.bit it occurs the drop in the speed, compared with the same for audiokodekov, build it the contemporary maternal pays. But since almost all algorithms 3Dpoziqionirovani4 from Sensaura realize by program in Realtek ALC880, then to us remains to only establish the validity of the same assertion, also, for the new budgetary pay Creative - with the only difference, that here the discussion will deal with EAX." (http://itc.ua/article.phtml?ID=19306&IDw=62&pid=111 - use babelfish)

EDIT: Audigy 2 value (based on CA0108-IAT) also supports EAX 4.0 which Audigy LS and Live 24bit (based on CA0106-DAT) does not support.

So? Where's the problem? I read that DSP on A2V board is only a little bit different in comparison to DSP on A2 ZS (different audio port registers or smth:uhoh: ) but it's simple to fix. Please answer.

P.S. Sorry for my poor english :dead:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  11. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

Drivers Update-YouP PAX A4 v1.01
    ----------------------------------------
    New
    - Fix a few conflict and blue screen issues
    Note
    - Maybe choosing Music Edit II causes blue screen.
    Download- HERE or HERE (thanks to WhiteEagle)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  12. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

Even without this fix, my EAX is staying set at every startup, not sure why it was turning of before.

But this new driver makes the sound very flat, something is missing compaired to last drivers, my music isnt as good to listen to now, even i i adjust all settings :tears:

Why cant Creative fix the tracklist scrolling sticking sometimes in the mediasource player, i though it was as i use crossfading but it can stick with that of also, most times it does stick but sometimes it does scroll down list of songs as they play.

13. koles

koles New Member

Oh no. This driver + Youp 2005 is better. Bass is deeper end clean.

14. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

IMO it aint, and i have a good ear for music, ive had this driver days before it was avail for you to download and i have tested with wide range of sounds and i dont like it.

Are you using a ZS and 7.1 speakers ?

15. koles

koles New Member

no. I have audigy ES and using 5.1. now I'm testing audigy 4 mod driver. sound is excellent.

You know : audigy ES is like mercedes A class and audigy zs is like S class :cool:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  16. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

Im happy for you, but the 2 different hardware set ups cant be compaired.

17. Graham

Graham New Member

Couple of Questions re: YouP PAX A4

First,many thanks for the new package. Working fine.
    Second,
    Classic Leon,
    What are the differences amongst Music 1, Music 2, and Games "flavours"?
    Third,
    I am amused by the concern about Speaker Configuration. whenever I run this it states that my wiring is backwards. Many people have told me this, but I think that it is Creative's error when it comes to speaker wiring. Do others get this error?
    Cheers,
    Graham

18. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

YouP-PAX-A4v1.02 Update
    -------------------------------------
    New
    -Fix several bugs of DVD-AUDIO
    -Fix CMS Player does not play .ape files
    --------------------------------------
    Download
    Here

19. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

Ok i finally got a torrent of 1.02 and installed but it says at 2nd part install 1.00 and in device manager, but i guess its not being renamed as i see new .ape extention in files types so its newer driver, but sound is not good totally flat and no ring to it, its worste ive heard so far, even choosing option 2 of install.

The bass is just a thud sound not natural and treble is a hiss, something is wrong, im going to try my old cambridge speakers these creatives are sh1t.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  20. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

Im getting a error playing my .mp3 singles with all these new drivers, i can play .mp3 albums but if i laod in a load of singles i randomly get this error bellow and i need restart pc down to even run mediasource again.

RUNTIME ERROR !

PROGRAM:C\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\MEDIAS~1\CTCMS.EXE

ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION

DVD Audio still not work fully in Creatives player its still screaming and making odd sounds, its fine in PowerDVD6.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005