NEW YEAR PACKAGE for SBLive/Audigy/Audigy2/Audgiy2ZS series

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. aalin

aalin New Member

Yes, I have. This is how I have got the front sound but no surround sound.

2. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

sacharja, There are already buddies who hard-mod Audigy 2 to Audigy 4. About 2 years ago, we hard-modded Audigy2 to Audigy2 ZS while Solid Snake and DVDKing posted the method of soft-modding.
    aalin, does the source support surround?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  3. suurpealik_EST

suurpealik_EST New Member

But what about Remote Control support for Audigy platinum eX? How can I use it? I need something like Creative Remote Center...

4. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

5. bobopopo

bobopopo New Member

Allo folks, and Respect 2 Leon & YouP, thx 4 all yer hard work !

Hope someone can help out noob me :)

I have a Audigy 2 (6.1) and have dowloaded PAX-NewYear2005-AX.rar (298 184 KB).

I want to be able to :-

1) carry on using spdif (logitech Z680) as well as 6ch out
    2) access to DTS neo6 when watching xvids encoded with mp3

I understand I can match mix and match drivers to the PAX package.... WHICH DRIVER WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

Do I need to be using 'MEDIASAUCE' player to listen to DTS neo6 for the xvids?

THANK YOU !!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  6. suurpealik_EST

suurpealik_EST New Member

7. caballo

caballo New Member

I have got a Sound Blaster 5.1 Digital (exactly a SB0220 model buy in Spain).

Install and running perfectly the drivers YouP-PAX VI 2.2 , but only I have got 2/2.1 and 4/4.1 speakers (too headphones) in Creative Audio Console panel.

When I tried install NewYear2005 appears a windows say me that I haven't got a valid product when tried install the soft of Creative for Audigy 2.

Solutions ??????

Thanks.

8. rico01

rico01 Audio Junkie

You must use Mediasource if you use the software/hardware DTS decoding of the Audigy soundcard, otherwise you need an external decoder. It will not work with Winamp or WMP for licencing reasons.

You will be able to use the digital out no matter what drivers you choose, so the question is more what kind of things you use your computer for and what would be the best optimization for you. That is something we can't really know.

Caballo: Make sure your card is supported by Newyear2005. I'm not sure what SB 5.1 Digital is really tbh. Also, make sure you have removed every trace of the old creative applications and drivers before installing the package.

9. bobopopo

bobopopo New Member

Thank you rico01 for your kind assistance.

As for 'best optimisation', the computer is mainly used for watching xvid encoded avi and listening to mp3s. Which configuration would you recommend? cheers!

10. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

Creative Releases New Audio Software for Audigy 1 - 2 ZS

[​IMG] [​IMG]Through Creative's Auto Update user can now download the new software that was earlier only avaible on newer cards like X-FI and Audigy 4. Now these new software are available for download on the Audigy 1 - 2 ZS including Media Source 3.

This might be Creative's attempt at a more streamlined and unified software and drivers.

........http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25155.......
    http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25155

11. humeyboy

humeyboy New Member

>>>>http://www.guru3d.com/article/sound/246/1/<<<<<<

Wow nice software.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

OK, I have been toying with the idea of trying these for a while, But let's just say the vastness of info throws me off with the 20 ways of doinf this but not that..maybe this..or that..etc. Guides are hard to understand. I just have one question. If I have a Sb Live! 5.1 and I install the Audigy 2 drivers. Do I get the full package meaning everything works..with patches and such..does the EQ works aswell?..can somebody point me to the guide for the SB lives..I tried before So I have: PAX-Newyear2005-AX what else do I need? patches etc. I tried the driver before and I got sound but nothing worked,,I couldn't tell what I was installing..can you guys give me some info..thx guys..

13. vull

vull New Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  14. Luke_chiptuning

Luke_chiptuning New Member

PLEASE SOMEBODY HEEEEEEELP ME :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

I bought new unused Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 digital (SB0220, in serial number is SB0226.....), but without drivers. I tried KX PROJECT, works well.

But LiveNewYear with its inside YouP-PAX 5.1 driver setup, LiveNewYear with YouP-PAX-VIv2.2.7, LiveNewYear with other SB Live! 5.1 digital driver (hacked with ctcomp.exe) - they all works only with 4 repro :( I can only set 2, 4 or headphones.

There is must be some solution, i donĀ“t know...

LiveNewYear with YouP-PAX-VIv2.2.7
    Two Edits of the drivers:

1.Supports the Live! Benefit Special Edition retailed in China's mainland only (including 0220 version Asia and 0220 version Benefit Special):

This Edit is optimized for Benefit Special Edition of Live!, it can also be installed on other Live! Sound Cards. It must be chosen to install if you select "Simplified Chinese" interface when installation processed.

2. Does not support Live! 0220 version Asia sound cards and the Benefit Special Edition sound cards (retailed in China's mainland only):

This version is optimized for other Live! cards, and with Chinese Traditional and English installation and driver interfaces added.

15. Daishi

Daishi Xtreme G Author

Ive found a slight bug... for some odd reason whenever i use the firewire port on my audigy 2 zs card i will receive a nice high pitched sound coming from my speakers and id blue screen a few seconds after. The port used to work fine with the regular audigy drivers. Dont want to switch back though because i like the sound :\

16. Daishi

Daishi Xtreme G Author

nvm fixed the problem.

17. choijuho

choijuho New Member

This program is so good. But it doesn't work with X-Fi 1162 beta driver.

Could you make this program is enabled to work with X-Fi 1162 beta driver?
    If you can make such things for me, I will appreciate for your efforts.

18. Deusfaux

Deusfaux New Member

Since I'm using Win 98 SE, I cannot use the PAX 4 or whatever and need the A2-ZS-PAX instead.

Problem is, not a single server I've googled for will actually download the file to me.

And that ordica guy doesnt host it anymore. Only the Live and PAX 4 ones.

I will email him to see if he'll put it back up for us Win 98 users.

Or somebody please point me to where I could get it! Thank you

19. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider New Member

Dun think it's the program. I would say it's better to have a new driver so that we can do the official update of the application. It would be nice to have more support esp the Aud 4 mod.

20. c0nVeRge^

c0nVeRge^ New Member

can someone plz help me, i have no sound after installing this driver :(