newbie here radeon hd3200 questions

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by raptorddd, Apr 18, 2016.

1. raptorddd

raptorddd New Member

am a bit confused. i have acer laptop with ati radeon hd3200 graphics card. yes it might be old am not planning on running games that it cant handle but i want to have the best performance i can get out if it...
    its been years since i installed drivers.. i remebered the omega ones...
    so my question is this. i read intructions.. remeber its been years like 8 that i dont mess with drivers.
    so when they say to download latest driver

At first you have to download the Full Catalyst Software Suite of the newest driver here

does that mean to download latest driver for hd3200??? i have win7 32.

or what driver it says desktop .? if its not the latest hd3200 driver then wich one? thats what i dont know..
    thanks

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 7 - 32

The mod isn't really necessary anymore... simply running the installer should give you the driver unless acer clearly modded the hardware ID to exclude you intentionally, too which you would need to manually FORCE the HD3200 series drive to be installed.. the only issue is... there might be 2 listings of the same "series", to which you might have to investigate which one it is via checking against the INF included in thedriver package.

13.9's are going to be the best you'll get.... and playing any modern game is going to be near impossible now that even an intel HD 4000+ IGPU will blow the doors off it.

raptorddd likes this.
  3. raptorddd

raptorddd New Member

installed this and i see an icon next to clock.
    thanks for the info. i have one more question. when i got this laptop i remembere i could ati's settings where i could lower quality or rais it. and so many other settings.. antialaiasing ect. even a slider for visual or performance.. but then i reformatted my laptop and am using tiny7. and that settings windows doesnt load anymore.? is it cause of tiny7? or i need to force like you said .? thanks in advance.

4. Judas

The Catalyst Control Panel may not have loaded, which isn't uncommon... much of those settings don't appear to work on some of the systems... if you right click the desktop and if you do not see the catalyst control center as an option to select.. then it's a good indication that the laptop again has imposed limitations.. I doubt it has anything to do with tiny7.

raptorddd likes this.
  5. raptorddd

raptorddd New Member

yeap after right clicking desktop there is no catalystcontrol panel. then should i leave it as it is, or is there a way to make it work? thanks in advance. imentioned tiny7 cause you know that .net framework doesnt work okey in tiny7.

6. Judas

Oh you'd have to install .net 4.x for catalyst control center to have basic functionality, otherwise you're running strictly off the base driver which should be sufficient...

raptorddd likes this.
  7. raptorddd

raptorddd New Member

see thats the problem, tiny7 says its installed, not sure wich .NET FRAMEWORK but if want to update it doesnt install no matter what. then at least i know now, that if i want that and many other things that relies on .NET FRAMEWORK then i must use my original copy of windows 7. thanks for your help.

8. Judas

I was googling around and apparently a lot of people have had issues with .net with tiny7... so you're not alone on that fact.

.net has gotten so intergrated and part of the system that a lot of programs available today makes it an essential part of the system, without it or without the ability to install it properly could lead to issues down the road. However I've ran a number of systems without the CCC, and generally it works, all the CCC mostly does is give the user more information and more advanced control over the display hardware for finer tuning or creating setups that generally wouldn't be part of the windows system... Outside of that, games and such should automatically use the default optimized settings that are ideal provided it has a built in detection and setting for it, of course newer crimson drivers and catalyst control center have more advanced profiling but since that wasn't much of a thing until much later, it wouldn't benefit you much anyways.

The only thing to do is give things a whirl...