News daily postings

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 26, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Guys, you are doing a great job on the news. Only thing is you might want to slow it down a little bit, there seems to be a massive amount of news being posted.

I am not sure its a 'bad' thing really, just a slight concern people who are lazy and don't go to 'page 2' wont see all the news in a single day.

Make any sense?

2. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Ok
    Craig might make automatic queue that move the news to public one by one like every half hour from already posted news.

Crazy idea I know.

I am going to sleep anyway now :sleep:

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up...But im sorry to say this is a little odd to see you post this...

I have always tried to keep mine at a steady pace,But i do remember the past when Iria used to post something like 2 or 3 pages full of news within much shorter time..

How time changes..

4. HardwareHeaven

Yes how times have changed indeed. I used to be able to post things in private and people would be polite to me, now all I seem to get is attitude from everyone. I was merely pointing out there were 36 news items today, or possibly more and even I missed half of them. Id like to aim for quality rather than quantity - but perhaps this is me never really paying that much attention to it until recently .....

Hopefully when the news forum is split into another section for our own written articles it might work better.... no need to take offense it was just an observation rather than me having a go at anyone. :sigh:

5. MIG-31

I was not saying it with an attitude... And no i have not taken offence to it allan..

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

7. HardwareHeaven

8. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Hmm , I missed that one.

btw whenever I open any of marty_u posts nothing appears for me.

9. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

10. HardwareHeaven

asked craig to look at martys posts.

I deleted the double up Comp_ali.

Why "comp_ali" ? always get the impression of a computerised version of Muhammed Ali. like a macintosh in boxing gear or something.

11. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

LOL , you know that's began when I made my first hotmail account , obviously I tried many combination for the username and no one was available that I like. The hotmail suggestion for available usernames was pretty dump too so I picked up something that combine between my name and something I like so I picked up " Comp_ali " and choose it to be my username in every registration form to avoid forgetting it.

Funny thing , as usual , when I tried registering in yahoo with comp_ali it told me it is unavailable so I added 1 after Ali :D

, So why "Zardon " :p ?

12. MIG-31

My i just ask a question... i know it may not be ready but when is the News Forum seperation going to happen.

Obviuosly with you posting your own news and posting Sourced news into one archive is not working out.All i done yesterday was upped a few articles in the news archive just like usual... And yes it does make some of the news drop of a little quickly...

Allan,I was not having a digg at youre opening post.. Its just seemed at that at one point you were complaining that there was not much news being posted,Just to see you saying there is too much being posted...

It just seems a little like a no win situation the way news stands at the moment.

13. HardwareHeaven

I think you need to relax. When we move our own written news into its own section it might work out better. It is just hard to see news when there is over 30-40 articles posted in a single day, thats the point I was making. I mean do we really need to post news on every build of crap cleaner that is released? thats the kind of thing im trying to talk about.

Stop taking it all so personally and talking about 'how things change' or im complaining. I don't complain, I don't need to complain really if I am unhappy with something I just change it here. I do however like to talk to you guys like people who have an input on what we do, its the only way to make things better and improve. I mean if nothing changed, we would still be posting leaks builds of service packs on the site which we did why back when we started, im however trying to constantly improve things on this site.

With both you and Comp Ali posting news, perhaps a little communication would help, and one of you handles xx news and the other xx news. know what I mean? When you worked alone Jason you maybe posted 20 stories a day which was fine, now with Comp Ali, its literally doubled.

14. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

No need really because for me I wouldn't be regular and that would case some missing news , just I will have a look at posted news before posting .

15. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

btw , what's wrong with CCleaner ?? and why there is list of sites not to link to.

16. HardwareHeaven

Nothing is wrong with ccleaner, but why do we post news on it and not 500 other applications released? do we really even need to post news on an updated 'cleaning tool' anyway? these are all points we need to think about.

There is a list of sites NOT to link to because they are competitor sites and they don't link to us.

Also I see you seem to like linking to the techreport site a lot. you like that site particularly?

17. MIG-31

CClaener is quite a popular app and i use this at least once a week... So i guess im going to avoid posting it in the future...

Ali about the sites that can't be linked to thats set from Admin. They don't really go into detail about them...

Thats just something we have to follow..

18. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Thanks for the clarification , and about linking to techreport , I look for news for every site that has and it comes by coincidence that techreport updates their news regularly. I just started linking to it yesterday .

19. HardwareHeaven

Hey hang on, whats with this 'they'?, ive been speaking to you now on a one to one basis in here - my name is Allan, Jason, you have known me for years, so a little courtesy would be appreciated. I understand you have some issues at times, but im not a faceless guy who orders everyone about, am I ? Id like to think you and me are friends !

I have explained to you many times and ive just explained to comp_ali why we don't link to some sites, they dont link back to us because of competition within this industry. We used to link to them, but if we don't get return hits then why the hell do it? Hits in this industry are everything, its a little like letting a neighbour borrow a cup of sugar a day and he never brings anything back or wont lend you the same.

Also @ Comp_ali - don't report double up posts, those just get flagged up in the moderator forum, pm Mig or myself and we can remove them, just noticed you reported one of your own news threads earlier

@ Mig_31 - I never said you had to stop posting crap cleaner, but why is it just that application? Just because you use it? I use a lot of apps myself but I am not sure that a 0.1.1 release is worth its own news posts. thats all I was saying.

Ah well, ive tried :)

20. MIG-31

I used the word "They" just as a term for "ADMIN" and nothing more than that.. And not used in a way that is or was disrespectful..

Sorry but i do know why,But i do know there is much more than that.... Thats why i said the don't often discuss it outside the Admins forums..

Yes i do use CCleaner,But thats not the only application that i have posted...

And i don't post it just because i use it for myself.. It's actually quite popular..

I only post applications that appears to be used on a regular basis,Im sure you would not appreciate if i started posting a long list of apps... Many of them are either useless or unheard of..thats why i limit to only a few apps.

Im sorry that you seem too of taken it personal...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009