No audio after reboot Win 7

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Sparwhawk, Sep 13, 2013.

  1. Sparwhawk

    Sparwhawk New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I have the "X-fi Titanium HD" card and the latest "PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.05 Default Tweak Edition" installed and everything works as it should but then after 1-4 weeks after an reboot or shutdown there is no audio and I get a windows taskbar notification saying that "windows failed to connect to a windows service". In the taskbar the creative volume panel which I have installed using the driver suite is gone and windows own sound icon have the no audio sign in it. I then check the device manager and it says that the driver is working. It has been this way since I got the sound card which is about 1 and half year ago and also with a previous driver suite I used. It doesn't help to reboot or shutdown. The workaround I have used is system restore in safe mode which works around 80% of the time. It has to be in safe mode because when this problem occurs windows hangs and wont restart automatically as it normally do using system restore. The other 20% of the time I have to uninstall the driver suite and reinstall. Sometimes a couple of times before it works.

    Its so weird because it seems be random as to when its not working. I had my suspicion pointed at when windows installs updates because its sometimes after that the problem occurs. But I really cant seem to find a reason to what causes this behaviour and what triggers it. And I don't know if it has anything to to with the driver suite but I thought maybe this was a good place ask if anybody have experienced this or of someone has any advice. I tried searching the forums here and I also tried to google the problem but I cant seem to find an answer.

    Thank you in advance.
     
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. Robert McClelland

    Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Messages:
    15,327
    Likes Received:
    253
    Trophy Points:
    108
    Did you try sleep mode save the audio settings that you want then wake then reboot?
     
  3. Sparwhawk

    Sparwhawk New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Sorry but I have no idea of how to do that. Can you explain?
     
  4. Sparwhawk

    Sparwhawk New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ok I think know what you mean. When my problem occurs I just have to put my computer to sleep. Then wake it up, reboot and then it would be fixed. Is that correct?
     
  5. Robert McClelland

    Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Messages:
    15,327
    Likes Received:
    253
    Trophy Points:
    108
  6. Sparwhawk

    Sparwhawk New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Great. Thank You. Last question. I have read in various threads that you have to "Disable Driver Signature". Is it something I have to do? or is it only if you have problems with installation?
     
  7. Robert McClelland

    Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Messages:
    15,327
    Likes Received:
    253
    Trophy Points:
    108
    Yes you have to disable driver sign.
     
  8. Sparwhawk

    Sparwhawk New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I will do that.

    Thank you very much for your help and for all your hard work making our soundcards an better experience.
     

Share This Page

visited