No video after running DriverCleaner. Probably my fault but any help here?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by BabaOriley, Jan 30, 2007.

1. BabaOriley

BabaOriley New Member

I feel like such an idiot.
    AIW 9600 Pro on Asus A7N8X. Something got messed up with the ATi TV yesterday, and today I went to dig into it. I ran the ATi uninstall util in add/rem, rebooted, and it came up several times with the MS Radeon AIW 9600 driver installed. I didn't want that. i wanted to start fresh. Well now I'm starting TOO fresh I guess.

I picked up DriverCleaner, and yes, I read the directions. I disconnected cat5, rebooted to safe mode, well kind of... Just as I' ve seen many XP machines hang on MUP.SYS while trying to get in safe mode, this time mine was hanging after loading BTHID.sys. I think this was installed earlier today actually, after installing the driver for a Logitech MX610 mouse. I uninstalled the Logitech driver, disconnected the usb receiver, and tried again, same thing. I noticed it was asking to hit 'esc' to skip loading SPTD.sys and ?3747?.sys, these two have to do with Daemon Tools 4.3 which was installed. I also uninstalled Daemon tools, although the machine was still asking of I wanted to skip loading those. I tried skipping, and not skipping. Either way, it hung trying to boot into safe mode.

So I can't use safe mode. HMM. Might as well just try running DriverCleaner in full XP and see what happens right? WRONG. I ran it, rebooted, and sure enough, it boots fine, there's just no video. I suppose after removing the default XP Radeon drivers, it can't load video or something. It still won't boot in safe mode.

Funny thing. I CAN log into the machine remotely by VNC, but the screen that comes up is blank (black).

I don't see how I'd rescue this thing from a clean install without being able to boot in safe mode, but if anyone has any ideas I'll try them. I'd really like to avoid doing a clean install, because as usual, I have a ton of apps etc that take months to get back to where i like them. I'm caught with my pants down here. Haven't made any Ghost images or anything in over a year. Alot of trouble just to get TV working on my desktop again.

Hope someone can help. Thanks

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

i don't know if you have an old videocard lying somewhere, because then you can remove the AIW 9600 and plug in the old 1 and then boot and uninstall the drivers and run driver cleaner again.

What you also can try is a windows repair install. Put in the windows cd and start from that the first time you see the repair option is for the repair console, just continue because that is not the 1 you need. Later in the setup you see repair again and that is the 1 you need. That will repair your current windows version, maybe that will work.